anyone interested in telomerase here? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Exclamation

anyone interested in telomerase here?

im asking if anyone is interested to survive here

people do yu have telegram (really lit stickers in there) or other chat app n wanna make a group or personal chats about whatever the hell but hey lets go and invent telomerase fix together???!!!

i think we need it sooner than yu think

hei people im looking for people phobia friend, add me anytime anyone we are all from sas! fb or here https://www.facebook.com/eiji.shu.5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

hello?

hei people im looking for people phobia friend, add me anytime anyone we are all from sas! fb or here https://www.facebook.com/eiji.shu.5
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 12:49 PM
anxiolytic

Language: 'Merican
Look, a telomerase activator isn't even shown to be an effective aging treatment.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiro View Post
Look, a telomerase activator isn't even shown to be an effective aging treatment.
OOOF

but why nah? all we need to do is efectivelly regenerate cells?? and body will work? aging is cell death right?

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 04:09 PM
anxiolytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_tails View Post
OOOF

but why nah? all we need to do is efectivelly regenerate cells?? and body will work? aging is cell death right?
That's not what telomerase does. When your cells undergo mitosis the DNA gets copied, but it's not a perfect process and the DNA at the end gets cut off. This would be a problem except that this DNA is actually just "filler" DNA kind of like foam pool noodles at the ends of your chromosomes. It gets chopped off but it's just foam so it doesn't matter.

Telomerase is an enzyme which lengthens your telomeres (or adds more foam pool noodles, using our analogy). In older people telomerase activity is lower which causes their telomeres to eventually run out and then whenever their cell splits it starts losing useful DNA that makes proteins which are needed to live. It is true that this will lead to cell death and is one of the factors in aging.

This of course, is a complete oversimplification of what's going on. Cells on their own are an incredibly complex organism. I recommend you read books by Aubrey de Grey if you're really interested in this topic.

The TL;DR of it is presently if you want to increase your lifespan get plenty of sleep, don't drink or smoke, eat well, and get plenty of exercise.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 04:32 PM
Time's Arrow

Language: American English, Russian
Bruh I can't even pronounce this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Indeed View Post
Isn't it a bit early to worry about that at 7 years old?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
I don't believe you at all about the taste. You are vegan anyway, so how would you know what meat tastes like. I get sick of vegans saying it tastes the same and then you bite into it and it's horrible.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 05:09 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Quote:
im asking if anyone is interested to survive here [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SAS_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG]
No, in any way, no, I want to die and be dead forever.

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch View Post
Bruh I can't even pronounce this ****
loll but we not gona survive at this rate!!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 09:28 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Do I have too : /.... Surviving is hard.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
That's not what telomerase does. When your cells undergo mitosis the DNA gets copied, but it's not a perfect process and the DNA at the end gets cut off. This would be a problem except that this DNA is actually just "filler" DNA kind of like foam pool noodles at the ends of your chromosomes. It gets chopped off but it's just foam so it doesn't matter.

Telomerase is an enzyme which lengthens your telomeres (or adds more foam pool noodles, using our analogy). In older people telomerase activity is lower which causes their telomeres to eventually run out and then whenever their cell splits it starts losing useful DNA that makes proteins which are needed to live. It is true that this will lead to cell death and is one of the factors in aging.

This of course, is a complete oversimplification of what's going on. Cells on their own are an incredibly complex organism. I recommend you read books by Aubrey de Grey if you're really interested in this topic.

The TL;DR of it is presently if you want to increase your lifespan get plenty of sleep, don't drink or smoke, eat well, and get plenty of exercise.
woww

but listen that means there is more process that creates aging but what????

you say eat well n sleep to live longer. hmmmm that means food makes body n cells live longer? technically? so that means body lives longer because of food? so does that mean we need somekinda super activated food or activated liquid to ingest?

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 09:43 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Oxygen is what makes us age, it makes the iron in our blood go rusty, drink paint.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Oxygen is what makes us age, it makes the iron in our blood go rusty, drink paint.
i better gonna eattt alot

if thats oxygen that makes us age, what exactly it destroys? why we cant just eat alot of iron supplements? but we need to repair iron powerfully!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 01:50 PM
anxiolytic

Quote:
woww

but listen that means there is more process that creates aging but what????[
It's complicated.

Quote:
you say eat well n sleep to live longer. hmmmm that means food makes body n cells live longer? technically? so that means body lives longer because of food? so does that mean we need somekinda super activated food or activated liquid to ingest?
You are what you eat, literally. The food healthiest for you is the food you should eat. In the words of Michael Pollan: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."

Quote:
if thats oxygen that makes us age, what exactly it destroys? why we cant just eat alot of iron supplements? but we need to repair iron powerfully!
Iron is used by your blood as a building block for hemogloblin, the protein responsible for transporting oxygen about by red blood cells. In chemistry, there's a class if reactions called oxidation or reduction-oxidation reactions. While these don't need to involve oxygen, it's where its name comes from. An oxidation is when electrons are gained from another atom. Oxidation damage can be caused by radiation or chemical reactions.This damages DNA which can cause problems. Your body can actually remove and repair damaged DNA (and does).

Like I said, it's very complicated. Your cells are very complicated organisms on their own with organelles and mitochondria that all have to work correctly to function.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
It's complicated.
ooooof really???? sounds scary u~u;

Quote:

You are what you eat, literally. The food healthiest for you is the food you should eat. In the words of Michael Pollan: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."
hmmmm i bet its the food that body depends on, so if we could make superpure, easy digestable and somekind of upgraded activated food, possibly somekind of power liquids. that could make our lifes longer? food wears out the body am i right?

to not farewell with burgers and pizza and kebabs we would need to invent another liquid? somekind of digestion liquid? it would be like alcohol, effective but for digestion, hmm?

there is no evidence that people with perfect diet live longer than people who eat bad food tho?

Quote:
Iron is used by your blood as a building block for hemogloblin, the protein responsible for transporting oxygen about by red blood cells. In chemistry, there's a class if reactions called oxidation or reduction-oxidation reactions. While these don't need to involve oxygen, it's where its name comes from. An oxidation is when electrons are gained from another atom. Oxidation damage can be caused by radiation or chemical reactions.This damages DNA which can cause problems. Your body can actually remove and repair damaged DNA (and does).

Like I said, it's very complicated. Your cells are very complicated organisms on their own with organelles and mitochondria that all have to work correctly to function.
woww thanks for lessons! ^3^ i dont know if its me but i bet scientists deffinatelly can learn it all! if body is nourished and fueled perfectly without damages why would it impair hemoglobin building or age or die?

like we just need to find perfect formulas for those organelles?

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 08:21 AM
anxiolytic

Quote:
ooooof really???? sounds scary u~u;

hmmmm i bet its the food that body depends on, so if we could make superpure, easy digestable and somekind of upgraded activated food, possibly somekind of power liquids. that could make our lifes longer? food wears out the body am i right?

to not farewell with burgers and pizza and kebabs we would need to invent another liquid? somekind of digestion liquid? it would be like alcohol, effective but for digestion, hmm?

woww thanks for lessons! ^3^ i dont know if its me but i bet scientists deffinatelly can learn it all! if body is nourished and fueled perfectly without damages why would it impair hemoglobin building or age or die?

like we just need to find perfect formulas for those organelles?
Sounds like you should be a scientist

I don't have good answers for your questions because I don't know, except for one:

Quote:
there is no evidence that people with perfect diet live longer than people who eat bad food tho?
Okinawans have the longest lifespan of anyone on the planet. This is thought to be due to their diet.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Sounds like you should be a scientist

I don't have good answers for your questions because I don't know, except for one:

Okinawans have the longest lifespan of anyone on the planet. This is thought to be due to their diet.
lmaoo noop i wud be **** of a scientist and i have too big people phobia > <

yu know alot maybe yu are up to something huh? i want to investigate tho and i watched some telomerase video on yt and they said they are working on people imortality in a future...

hmm interesting but they still ooolll af lol i dont wanna get old omfggg

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page