Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Anyone have a bidet?

646 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Noca 
#1 ·
Does anyone here have a bidet? Which kind do you use? Do you have any advice on which kind to buy? I was considering buying one though I've never tried one since they are rare in North America.

#3 ·
I bought a really inexpensive one off amazon, I think it was this one.

It was really simple to install, and it works pretty well - but this one only shoots out cold water. The cold water is fine where I live because it is almost always warm here, but I imagine in a colder climate it could be a bit too much :lol I can't really give any valuable advice, because this is the only one we've had. It does save a ton of toilet paper though, and I think worth the price. One thing to consider, if you do purchase one of these styles of bidets is that you will more than likely want to get some risers for your toilet seat, because the back of the toilet seat sits on the attachment, meaning the front will have a slight gap.

Edit:
I thought they were called risers, but doing a google search has a much different result than I thought. What I mean by risers, are these adhesive tabs you stick to the toilet seat, so that it remains level. I think they are actually called bumpers.

#4 ·
Hmm yeah super cold Canadian water doesn't sound appealing, I will probably get one with a warm water option. My toilet seat isn't flat on the bottom so I'm not sure if that would be a problem when installing an under the seat attachment but I guess I could always use larger bumpers.

#6 ·
People seem to love them once they try them but the thought of water squirting up at my hoohah does not appeal to me. :/ I'd only be able to use it for number two anyway since I have a stoma...TMI, I guess. No I do not have a bidet. Our house and plumbing are so old and leaky it'd probably break everything.

#7 ·
Oh dear! I never thought of the cold water issue! I was thinking about getting one (eventually) and I will definitely be looking for one that heats up the water a little first or something! The thought of squirting ice cold water on my hindquarters is pretty much at the top of my list of things I would not find pleasant! Just....nothing in that general area reacts well to freezing water. :lol (I think it could be a meme thing for people to take selfies of the facial expressions they make when they get a blast of frigid fluid up the wazoo and post them on social dumpster)

#9 ·
Thought about getting one a few months back. But I estimated that I will only save about 10-12 squares of TP per day. Assuming the bidet breaks within 3 years of use, I will probably only be saving about 10-20 rolls of toilet paper in a span of 3 years. Not worth it.

#10 ·
Think the only place I have ever seen a bidet was at the house where one of my mother's friends used to live, when I was a child. I quite often used to go there and play with one of their children. Think the bidet was a separate (from the toilet) white ceramic thing on their bathroom wall, probably with a tap. My parents' bathroom was/is too small for a separate bidet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.