Anyone have a bidet? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Spectacular Member

Anyone have a bidet?

Does anyone here have a bidet? Which kind do you use? Do you have any advice on which kind to buy? I was considering buying one though I've never tried one since they are rare in North America.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 04:22 PM
SAS Member

The only kind that I know of which we had years ago had a tap head that you could adjust the angle of the spray. I’m not sure though if that is standard on all bidets but it certainly helps
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 09:51 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca View Post
Does anyone here have a bidet? Which kind do you use? Do you have any advice on which kind to buy? I was considering buying one though I've never tried one since they are rare in North America.

I bought a really inexpensive one off amazon, I think it was this one.

It was really simple to install, and it works pretty well - but this one only shoots out cold water. The cold water is fine where I live because it is almost always warm here, but I imagine in a colder climate it could be a bit too much I can't really give any valuable advice, because this is the only one we've had. It does save a ton of toilet paper though, and I think worth the price. One thing to consider, if you do purchase one of these styles of bidets is that you will more than likely want to get some risers for your toilet seat, because the back of the toilet seat sits on the attachment, meaning the front will have a slight gap.

Edit:
I thought they were called risers, but doing a google search has a much different result than I thought. What I mean by risers, are these adhesive tabs you stick to the toilet seat, so that it remains level. I think they are actually called bumpers.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Spectacular Member

Hmm yeah super cold Canadian water doesn't sound appealing, I will probably get one with a warm water option. My toilet seat isn't flat on the bottom so I'm not sure if that would be a problem when installing an under the seat attachment but I guess I could always use larger bumpers.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 07:08 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
I recommend a washlet. TOTO is the most famous brand.

https://www.amazon.com/TOTO-SW2034-0...40&s=hi&sr=1-2
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 09:16 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
People seem to love them once they try them but the thought of water squirting up at my hoohah does not appeal to me. :/ I'd only be able to use it for number two anyway since I have a stoma...TMI, I guess. No I do not have a bidet. Our house and plumbing are so old and leaky it'd probably break everything.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 09:25 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Oh dear! I never thought of the cold water issue! I was thinking about getting one (eventually) and I will definitely be looking for one that heats up the water a little first or something! The thought of squirting ice cold water on my hindquarters is pretty much at the top of my list of things I would not find pleasant! Just....nothing in that general area reacts well to freezing water. (I think it could be a meme thing for people to take selfies of the facial expressions they make when they get a blast of frigid fluid up the wazoo and post them on social dumpster)

/WYSD
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 09:28 PM
Self isolating from self

Setup progress now at 100% capacity.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2020, 12:41 AM
F0rum Pothole

Thought about getting one a few months back. But I estimated that I will only save about 10-12 squares of TP per day. Assuming the bidet breaks within 3 years of use, I will probably only be saving about 10-20 rolls of toilet paper in a span of 3 years. Not worth it.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 10:47 AM

Language: English (British), German to some extent.
My Mood: Blah
Think the only place I have ever seen a bidet was at the house where one of my mother's friends used to live, when I was a child. I quite often used to go there and play with one of their children. Think the bidet was a separate (from the toilet) white ceramic thing on their bathroom wall, probably with a tap. My parents' bathroom was/is too small for a separate bidet.

–his girl is a tortoise, wandering in the long grass and streaming rain, between fire and ice in a sense
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 11:11 AM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 11:36 AM
drifting in mist

I bought a cheapo one off amazon but it's just sitting there. Too lazy to install it :/
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Spectacular Member

I settled on this https://www.brondell.com/swash-ecose...t-toilet-seat/ I didn't have an electrical outlet nearby my toilet nor $1200 burning a hole in my pocket lol. This one is dual temp and no electricity needed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page