What was the last movie you watched? II - Page 1789 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #35761 of 35794 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 07:04 PM
Gangsta Crayon

Hotel Transylvania 2

Good movie but was so tired last night I fell asleep halfway through it and watched the rest of it today. I like the first one better but this one was good as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35762 of 35794 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 01:17 PM
zkv
SAS Member

Togo with Willem Dafoe. Such a brilliant actor. So brilliant I may end up watching Last Temptation at some point since I saw him say it was a high point in his career. Anyway, Togo. Didn't enjoy the CGI as usual. Very few pull it off smoothly, and it's in everything now. Overall it was alright. I cried, that's usually a good sign, but it doesn't mean that much since it's about a dog so it's kind of cheating in that way. Dog>human every time.
post #35763 of 35794 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 04:57 PM
SAS Member

Shutter Island

Pretty good. I saw it in theaters back when it came out.

post #35764 of 35794 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 04:29 PM
Royally F***ed

My Mood: Brooding
Heathers.

Quote:
Whether to kill yourself or not is one of the most important decisions a teenager can make.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #35765 of 35794 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 07:31 PM
Gangsta Crayon

Ghost for the second time.

The Iron Giant
post #35766 of 35794 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 03:19 AM
zkv
SAS Member

Dreamcatcher again. I still think the movie's alright, even if they ruined the ending and a few other things. The casting and acting were pitch perfect, especially the five friends, both grown-ups and kids.
post #35767 of 35794 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 07:25 AM
SAS Member

Welcome to the Dollhouse on DVD from Netflix mail. I've been meaning to rent some of Todd Solondz's movies for a while. This is okay, not quite as dark as I was anticipating given what I've heard about the director.
post #35768 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Cold Pursuit.

I thought it was going to be another Taken with Liam Neeson but it wasn't. It was a humorous and quirky revenge movie.

What is a man?
post #35769 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Gangsta Crayon

Good Burger

The Punisher
post #35770 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 07:50 AM
Aspergian

The Matrix

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #35771 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 12:05 PM
Gangsta Crayon

The Crazies
post #35772 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 02:48 PM
Gangsta Crayon

The Lovely Bones

Just as good viewing it my second time as the first time. Such a chilling film.
post #35773 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 08:53 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Jojo Rabbit
post #35774 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 09:04 AM
Self isolating from self

The Shadow

Setup progress now at 100% capacity.
post #35775 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 03:33 PM
SAS Member

I viewed the movie Family In Hiding.

I feel good today, and I like feeling good. The two threads which I posted here at SAS very recently are serious; they pertain to my experiences, and they are not meant to be funny. However, as I feel good and as I like feeling good, I am not going to feel obligated to behave solemnly. I am going to have a little bit of fun writing about this movie, to show everyone that I can stand up to god-as-a-man's attempts at bullying me without becoming unable to enjoy myself as a result.

Here I am, making an example out of myself to say that -- despite some ups and downs -- there is no harm done. I had a nice meal with people I care about, then I had an enjoyable experience sitting in front of the TV.

The behaviour of the Brie Larson lookalike daughter, played by Elyse Levesque, makes fun of me for attempting to contact Zack Snyder using this web forum. Hahaha. It also makes fun of me for being such a fangirl of Zack Snyder.

Although the movie was obviously created by me, the names of the actress and actor playing the characters of Alicia and Matt -- the daughter and son -- both refer to WWE "superstars" with not-so-creative-sounding gimmicks. And the Bret Hart reference is one of several things hinting that the associated character is actually supposed to represent a girl, as it also relates to Chloe Grace Moretz. The same character has a vagina necklace and a penchant for crying a lot.

Look at the t-shirts! LOL! And look at Brian's jacket, when Brenda Strong arrives to speak out against the villain who seems to live in a Greek temple. The name of the actor who plays Brian even refers to his jacket -- but the name of the character suggests that the alleged "head of the t-shirt" is actually a very naughty boy.

By the way, the movie's story primarily references The Courier -- as the crime boss in this movie has the face of Ezekiel Mannings from that other movie. But so does the duplicitous FBI agent! And even more amusingly, there are two "Dean Cains" in this movie: one who is good, and one who is bad.

Brenda Strong's new hairstyle is a silly reference to Season Four of Supergirl, as well as the movie Salt that stars Angelina Jolie as a Russian super woman who breaks free from her handlers. Of course, Brenda Strong herself plays a character on the Supergirl TV show -- and she puts on some completely unnecessary glasses to complete the Kara Zor-El A.K.A. Red Daughter look.

The movie's credits say that it was Kara's idea, with Charlotte Clark-Gamache credited as only Charlotte Clark. And the shower scene, along with the VP mentioned at the very end of the credits, make it obvious that the movie came from the mind of Victoria. There is also a BC mentioned -- but it isn't Yahweh. It's Ma's grove, and it's Ms to you.

Zack Snyder, are you out there somewhere, in my mind. I do like you, honestly -- but not as much as this movie suggests. I know it is not your fault that god-as-a-man is such an arsehole. Keep up the good work. Preferably not like Sucker Punch or 300 though.
post #35776 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Gangsta Crayon

The Revenant
post #35777 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 01:39 AM
drifting in mist

Modern Times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dream View Post
The Shadow
The Alec Baldwin one? I was obsessed with the aesthetics and powers of that character when I was a teenager. Kind of want to rewatch it now.
post #35778 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 04:02 AM
Royally F***ed

My Mood: Brooding
Earth Girls Are Easy.

Which is possibly my favorite movie now.

Quote:
A relationship is a lot like a porcelain nail, Ted. You can break it, and you can glue it back together, but it's not going to be as strong as it was unless the person is really committed to not bringing home nurses.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #35779 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-05-2020, 04:52 AM
bipolar

This. My wife really loves it and it is pretty good. Nicely filmed - and the lead kid is actually an Aussie. (although you'd never think so)

post #35780 of 35794 (permalink) Old 08-05-2020, 09:21 AM
SAS Member

I viewed the beginning of the movie Joy, starring Jennifer Lawrence, before turning the movie off very soon after she mentioned what her invention is. I hated the position she was in. Instead of simply accepting what was being offered to me, I rejected it -- choosing instead to have another go at creating something better with my mind.

About the beginning of that movie though: some of it comes from my previous post in this thread, which is only a few posts above this one. The girl, Joy -- A.K.A. Kara the super-girl, named like the Greek word "chara" -- is an imaginative creatress, side-by-side with her dark-haired sister: referring in this context to the aggressive and receptive aspects of the same girl. It says loudly and clearly to the audience that the Goddess can write the story herself, and the masculine aspect of the cosmic curator doesn't like that. So he showed his "true colours".

But remember that there are two "Dean Cains": there is the person whose behaviour I am exposing since I have had enough of it, and there is the idea I have of that person's potential to be someone who actually helps people, instead of pretending to help them while actually trying to oppress them.

So! I created a better movie with my mind: The Ice Princess, which was released in America as "Ice Princess Lily". The version of the movie which I viewed stars Kristin Fairlie as Lilli, whose face and hairstyle remind me of Kristen Wiig -- and the story is about Goddess Lilith revealing that she is not a monster after all.

The movie's history is very interesting, as it represents the girl taking control of her own story with regard to name, appearance, and gender.

The German movie poster features a Bully, but notice that Lilli herself is looking to the left. And there is nothing fallen about my lesbian orientation.

Next to that Bully -- on the poster only -- is the snowman who wants to be the only one "walking in the air", dressed like a Fat Controller and voiced by Heinz in the German version: a Henry Kissinger reference that identifies the bully with a small "b" as the floater from the Fortress of Solitude -- or is it Orthanc -- with his stupid statue now relocated as it wasn't very well received, to say the least. And notice that he tries to take the credit for everything, but the wannabe Emperor ends up more like Snoke.

The Zach in the credits is not Zack Snyder -- although I do have something to say to him with regard to an end credits sequence, but I choose to be polite about it. Obviously I was less polite in a previous post here, but I was doing my best to stay calm. Also, I am not going to say that Superman made him do it, as that is not my idea of who Zack Snyder is. With regard to Zach Bennett, think Jane Austen, a Mesopotamian name for God, and the alleged creator who is more mafia crime "lord" than maker.

Nessaja is pronounced Nessiah in English: as in "He's not the Messiah..." -- again! LOL. But what I actually want to say is that I dislike the idea of Mistress Elizabeth -- i.e. she who must be obeyed -- almost as much as I dislike Master Darcy. I feel that I ought to say that I dislike both of them equally, but alas I am a lesbian with an attraction to girls who like to ride on top: and that is the only situation in which I enjoy "being ridden".

What I am saying with this movie is that the dragon is a girl and she's not the Devil. She rides herself, so it is she who flies on her own as well.

I don't subscribe to the strict-dualist scheme, so I refuse to label him as the Devil simply because I am not the Devil. But I will let him speak for himself through the character of Arktos in the movie. I am everything, but I am the Goddess.

I don't hate men and it is not my mission to alienate them. I used to like the movie How To Train Your Dragon until god-as-a-man's behaviour got worse and worse; now, simply noticing it on Netflix while searching for an alternative to the Jennifer Lawrence story was a slightly triggering experience for me. So I created the Ice Princess movie to help myself feel better.

The name of the director refers to that Fourth World reject from Josstice League who was on a mission, seemingly to make the Amazon love him -- although who knows what that line was about! The movie was so badly edited. Anyway, I don't love you in that way, S Gerrard. I like the colour red though, but I don't support a football team.

The end of the movie is a reminder that I never wanted to hurt Steven Wolf; not even his worst representation from the Winter of 2017. It highlights one of the few things that I genuinely loved about the theatrical version of Justice League: that the League showed the masses they don't have to be afraid of God's cruelty, and that they can fight back against it. It is also important to me that it is shown that the Goddess can do it on her own -- but that is what I am doing, now, with this post about a children's animated movie.

I still think that the character of Steve Trevor is a nice man; a well-meaning person who is not the same as Superman -- even though I refuse to say that he cannot do what I can do. Obviously I don't want a man as my lover, but I very much do not want a "Lois lain" of any sort. That is what this aspect of me was saying via the Supergirl Season Four Blu-Rays.

Hmm. I went a little off-topic there, but it might have been one of the most important things I typed up for this post. The thing I wanted to say though, is that I have not actually seen my favourite movie, Wonder Woman, for quite a while -- and that has been my choice in response to god-as-a-man's attempts at gay conversion therapy. I remember how I used to cry at the end of the movie, as love is love and I can empathise with that, even as a solipsist.

Back to speaking of that other movie: I feel that the end credits sequence is inappropriate. The dragon child has been through a lot. Horrible, horrible trauma -- which is something that I, personally, understand very well. I feel that the recurring motif of protecting innocence, which is good for the story portion of the movie, is good for the end credits sequence as well. I am a person who stays at the cinema until the very end of the credits, by the way. However, a movie that I recently viewed on TV I chose to turn off before the very end, and that is unusual for me.

I am feeling very, very angry again, now. But I don't want to be manipulated into "retaliating" against someone who I actually like and believe to be an ally. So I am choosing to deliberately draw attention to the beginning of the movie Joy, and to the very end of the animated movie The Ice Princess. Doing so says what I want to say without me behaving as "the villain".

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page