Random Thought Of The Day: Entertainment Edition - Page 66 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1301 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 05:37 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoon View Post
Not really sure how the Peoples Choice Awards works. At the moment you can vote in any category out of five "finalists". Does that mean there was a previously more expansive vote opened to the public? Or do they choose who the people are allowed to vote for?

Kind of annoyed I can't vote for I Am Jazz. Though if it didn't make the cut because not enough have watched it that would make sense. Don't think any other TLC shows are votable either. I hear about 90 Day Fiance all the time and that's not on there.
I'm pretty sure that they take a small group of people with different background, race and etc. and just ask them to choose.
Kanarko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1302 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 07:18 PM
(K)Joe + Joi
 
Solomoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanarko View Post
I'm pretty sure that they take a small group of people with different background, race and etc. and just ask them to choose.
That's probably true. It's just a shame that potential nominees which people like but aren't super popular are likely to get completely excluded from voting that way.

"Even when you're hopeless, hope is all you have." - Fear The Walking Dead

"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to." - Carl Sandburg
Solomoon is offline  
post #1303 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:46 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 5,074
Man, they need to give Leonardo DiCaprio an Oscar.
Suchness is online now  
 
post #1304 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 10:53 PM
Russian Modster
 
A Toxic Butterfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: U.S.
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
Man, they need to give Leonardo DiCaprio an Oscar.
They finally did, in 2016.

http://oscar.go.com/news/oscar-news/...for-best-actor

:: As it stands, more people are willing to kill for what they believe in, rather than die for it ::


Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
A Toxic Butterfly is offline  
post #1305 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 12:35 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoon View Post
That's probably true. It's just a shame that potential nominees which people like but aren't super popular are likely to get completely excluded from voting that way.
I mean, if you do know anything about smaller nominees, then these events are just not for you. Any kinds of awards, reviews, scores are meant for people who aren't fluent in whatever medium that is. "Oh my gosh, those Marvel movies are getting all the awards, Imma gonna watcha `em!". And then when it is semi-good, "oh my gosh, the one and only movie that I saw during this year won an award. My taste is so good!" xD Ridiculed, but true.

I stopped paying attention to any news that force their reviews onto me and any awards, etc.
Kanarko is offline  
post #1306 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:54 AM
(K)Joe + Joi
 
Solomoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanarko View Post
I mean, if you do know anything about smaller nominees, then these events are just not for you. Any kinds of awards, reviews, scores are meant for people who aren't fluent in whatever medium that is. "Oh my gosh, those Marvel movies are getting all the awards, Imma gonna watcha `em!". And then when it is semi-good, "oh my gosh, the one and only movie that I saw during this year won an award. My taste is so good!" xD Ridiculed, but true.

I stopped paying attention to any news that force their reviews onto me and any awards, etc.
Lol I like Marvel movies pretty well but it does seem excessive when some categories are practically just "which Marvel movie did you enjoy the most?"

"Even when you're hopeless, hope is all you have." - Fear The Walking Dead

"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to." - Carl Sandburg
Solomoon is offline  
post #1307 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:59 AM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 5,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Toxic Butterfly View Post
I know, I was trying to be funny.
Suchness is online now  
post #1308 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 06:57 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoon View Post
Lol I like Marvel movies pretty well but it does seem excessive when some categories are practically just "which Marvel movie did you enjoy the most?"
"The one with diversity!!!"
Kanarko is offline  
post #1309 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 07:15 AM
Flying Backwards
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 27,596
My Mood: Relaxed

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #1310 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 07:28 AM
Lonely Misanthrope
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Purgatory
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,608
@WillYouStopDave Well, that was pretty entertaining. At the beginning I thought she was drunk, or had some neurological thing going on.

I fast forwarded through the whole middle part, but the end was funny. I enjoyed the truth bomb about life being short and insufferable/terribly long at the same time. So be a toothbrush!

Now I'm Nothing
SamanthaStrange is offline  
post #1311 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 07:41 AM
Flying Backwards
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 27,596
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by twytarn View Post
@WillYouStopDave Well, that was pretty entertaining. At the beginning I thought she was drunk, or had some neurological thing going on.

I fast forwarded through the whole middle part, but the end was funny. I enjoyed the truth bomb about life being short and insufferable/terribly long at the same time. So be a toothbrush!
TBH, I'm not sure there isn't something up with her but I love her vids. And strangely, she thinks a lot like I do. She just does it faster and better.

Like I think someone asked me once when I was a kid what I wanted to be for Halloween and I said a vacuum cleaner and they just gave me this "WTF?" look and went away fast.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #1312 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Flying Backwards
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 27,596
My Mood: Relaxed

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #1313 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 06:54 PM
.
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,538
I'm going to watch some old B Rated Movies on Youtube. About a month ago I watched "The Alligator People." The ending was sad. Two nights ago I watched "The Crawing Eye" {1958}
This movie is actually good. I like it. I need to finish it though. The good thing about these movies is the fact that their about an hour amd several minutes long. I can watch a 2 hour movie but if I had to pick I would choose an hour special. {This is why I like an hour tv shows over movies at times. Unless a long movie happen to be good}


I also need to squeeze in watching my Kolchak: The Night Stalker. My Mom sent me some Youtube links to watch him.
Fun Spirit is offline  
post #1314 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 98
^ You should watch Creep Show.
Meisha12 is offline  
post #1315 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:39 PM
SAS Member
 
ShadowOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,569
I totally see why people dont like american remakes if they really got into the original "foreign" version first

I loved Let the Right One In, and the american "Let Me In" version has a good rating but i find it really lifeless..like theyre just trying to re-enact instead of saying something original. I didnt make it past the first scene between her and the boy because it just felt off compared to the original. The original feels like a conversation, while this feels like a script being read

a
ShadowOne is offline  
post #1316 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:53 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOne View Post
I totally see why people dont like american remakes if they really got into the original "foreign" version first

I loved Let the Right One In, and the american "Let Me In" version has a good rating but i find it really lifeless..like theyre just trying to re-enact instead of saying something original. I didnt make it past the first scene between her and the boy because it just felt off compared to the original. The original feels like a conversation, while this feels like a script being read
I totally feel this. The United States always have to Americanize foreign foods such as Taco Bell with authentic Mexican cuisine.
Meisha12 is offline  
post #1317 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 10:29 AM
.
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,538
@Meisha12 I heard of that show before I never watched it. Thanks for the recommendation: D
I'll be checking it out.
_____________



I was flipping threw the tv channel when I stumble upon a show. The setting was in a high school classroom. This guy was being mean to big guy. He was bullying him. {Not because of his weight but for other reasons} It was intense because I froze from changing the channel. It was straight up bullying. The big guy tried to defend himself but it wasn't doing him any good. Then suddenly the big guy pulled a gun out. I didn't see that coming. I covered my mouth and cried a "Ooo!"

I felt sorry for the big guy. The other guy had it coming though. Like the teacher said He had pushed him too far. In the end the teacher talked the big guy into not doing it.
Fun Spirit is offline  
post #1318 of 1527 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 07:57 PM
giggling ******
 
estse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,066

blessed are they who bash your children's heads against a (punk) rock
estse is offline  
post #1319 of 1527 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 04:33 PM
(K)Joe + Joi
 
Solomoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,036
I liked the Shrek movies when they came out but I kind of wish they were doing something new instead of rebooting it. Guess we'll just see what exactly they have in mind for Shrek 2.0.

"Even when you're hopeless, hope is all you have." - Fear The Walking Dead

"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to." - Carl Sandburg
Solomoon is offline  
post #1320 of 1527 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Mur
.
 
Mur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,650
R.I.P Stan Lee
Mur is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random thought of the day: 30+ edition anonymid 30+ Members 6850 09-10-2019 10:23 PM
Random Thought of The Day: SCHOOL EDITION Tumbling Destiny Students 390 09-07-2019 03:18 PM
Random Thought Of The Day Orb General Discussion 17301 12-07-2018 10:28 PM
Random Thought Of The Day LoneLioness Just For Fun 88478 11-10-2013 11:20 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome