Random Thought Of The Day: Entertainment Edition - Page 66 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1301 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 05:37 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoon View Post
Not really sure how the Peoples Choice Awards works. At the moment you can vote in any category out of five "finalists". Does that mean there was a previously more expansive vote opened to the public? Or do they choose who the people are allowed to vote for?

Kind of annoyed I can't vote for I Am Jazz. Though if it didn't make the cut because not enough have watched it that would make sense. Don't think any other TLC shows are votable either. I hear about 90 Day Fiance all the time and that's not on there.
I'm pretty sure that they take a small group of people with different background, race and etc. and just ask them to choose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1302 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 07:18 PM
(K)Joe + Joi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanarko View Post
I'm pretty sure that they take a small group of people with different background, race and etc. and just ask them to choose.
That's probably true. It's just a shame that potential nominees which people like but aren't super popular are likely to get completely excluded from voting that way.

"Even when you're hopeless, hope is all you have." - Fear The Walking Dead

"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to." - Carl Sandburg
post #1303 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:46 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Man, they need to give Leonardo DiCaprio an Oscar.

post #1304 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 10:53 PM
Russian Modster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
Man, they need to give Leonardo DiCaprio an Oscar.
They finally did, in 2016.

http://oscar.go.com/news/oscar-news/...for-best-actor

:: As it stands, more people are willing to kill for what they believe in, rather than die for it ::

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #1305 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 12:35 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
That's probably true. It's just a shame that potential nominees which people like but aren't super popular are likely to get completely excluded from voting that way.
I mean, if you do know anything about smaller nominees, then these events are just not for you. Any kinds of awards, reviews, scores are meant for people who aren't fluent in whatever medium that is. "Oh my gosh, those Marvel movies are getting all the awards, Imma gonna watcha `em!". And then when it is semi-good, "oh my gosh, the one and only movie that I saw during this year won an award. My taste is so good!" xD Ridiculed, but true.

I stopped paying attention to any news that force their reviews onto me and any awards, etc.
post #1306 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:54 AM
(K)Joe + Joi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanarko View Post
I mean, if you do know anything about smaller nominees, then these events are just not for you. Any kinds of awards, reviews, scores are meant for people who aren't fluent in whatever medium that is. "Oh my gosh, those Marvel movies are getting all the awards, Imma gonna watcha `em!". And then when it is semi-good, "oh my gosh, the one and only movie that I saw during this year won an award. My taste is so good!" xD Ridiculed, but true.

I stopped paying attention to any news that force their reviews onto me and any awards, etc.
Lol I like Marvel movies pretty well but it does seem excessive when some categories are practically just "which Marvel movie did you enjoy the most?"

post #1307 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:59 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Toxic Butterfly View Post
I know, I was trying to be funny.
post #1308 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 06:57 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Lol I like Marvel movies pretty well but it does seem excessive when some categories are practically just "which Marvel movie did you enjoy the most?"
"The one with diversity!!!"
post #1309 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 07:15 AM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #1310 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 07:28 AM
Lonely Misanthrope

@WillYouStopDave Well, that was pretty entertaining. At the beginning I thought she was drunk, or had some neurological thing going on.

I fast forwarded through the whole middle part, but the end was funny. I enjoyed the truth bomb about life being short and insufferable/terribly long at the same time. So be a toothbrush!

Now I'm Nothing
post #1311 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 07:41 AM
Flying Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by twytarn View Post
@WillYouStopDave Well, that was pretty entertaining. At the beginning I thought she was drunk, or had some neurological thing going on.

I fast forwarded through the whole middle part, but the end was funny. I enjoyed the truth bomb about life being short and insufferable/terribly long at the same time. So be a toothbrush!
TBH, I'm not sure there isn't something up with her but I love her vids. And strangely, she thinks a lot like I do. She just does it faster and better.

Like I think someone asked me once when I was a kid what I wanted to be for Halloween and I said a vacuum cleaner and they just gave me this "WTF?" look and went away fast.

------------

post #1312 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Flying Backwards

------------

post #1313 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 06:54 PM

I'm going to watch some old B Rated Movies on Youtube. About a month ago I watched "The Alligator People." The ending was sad. Two nights ago I watched "The Crawing Eye" {1958}
This movie is actually good. I like it. I need to finish it though. The good thing about these movies is the fact that their about an hour amd several minutes long. I can watch a 2 hour movie but if I had to pick I would choose an hour special. {This is why I like an hour tv shows over movies at times. Unless a long movie happen to be good}

I also need to squeeze in watching my Kolchak: The Night Stalker. My Mom sent me some Youtube links to watch him.
post #1314 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Permanently Banned

^ You should watch Creep Show.
post #1315 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:39 PM
SAS Member

I totally see why people dont like american remakes if they really got into the original "foreign" version first

I loved Let the Right One In, and the american "Let Me In" version has a good rating but i find it really lifeless..like theyre just trying to re-enact instead of saying something original. I didnt make it past the first scene between her and the boy because it just felt off compared to the original. The original feels like a conversation, while this feels like a script being read

a
post #1316 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:53 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOne View Post
I totally see why people dont like american remakes if they really got into the original "foreign" version first

I loved Let the Right One In, and the american "Let Me In" version has a good rating but i find it really lifeless..like theyre just trying to re-enact instead of saying something original. I didnt make it past the first scene between her and the boy because it just felt off compared to the original. The original feels like a conversation, while this feels like a script being read
I totally feel this. The United States always have to Americanize foreign foods such as Taco Bell with authentic Mexican cuisine.
post #1317 of 1527 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 10:29 AM

@Meisha12 I heard of that show before I never watched it. Thanks for the recommendation: D
I'll be checking it out.

I was flipping threw the tv channel when I stumble upon a show. The setting was in a high school classroom. This guy was being mean to big guy. He was bullying him. {Not because of his weight but for other reasons} It was intense because I froze from changing the channel. It was straight up bullying. The big guy tried to defend himself but it wasn't doing him any good. Then suddenly the big guy pulled a gun out. I didn't see that coming. I covered my mouth and cried a "Ooo!"

I felt sorry for the big guy. The other guy had it coming though. Like the teacher said He had pushed him too far. In the end the teacher talked the big guy into not doing it.
post #1318 of 1527 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 07:57 PM
giggling ******

blessed are they who bash your children's heads against a (punk) rock
post #1319 of 1527 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 04:33 PM
(K)Joe + Joi

I liked the Shrek movies when they came out but I kind of wish they were doing something new instead of rebooting it. Guess we'll just see what exactly they have in mind for Shrek 2.0.

post #1320 of 1527 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Mur

R.I.P Stan Lee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page