Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Entertainment (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f23/)
-   -   Random Thought Of The Day: Entertainment Edition (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f23/random-thought-of-the-day-entertainment-edition-1506146/)

HenDoggy 06-15-2015 09:12 AM

Random Thought Of The Day: Entertainment Edition

I feel like this sub-forum needs a "random thought of the day" thread so i don't start a new thread everytime a thought regarding entertainment pops up in my head lol. Please be courteous and use spoiler tags if you are discussing plot-lines. Thanks.

this show, sense8 could've been so much more. im 5 episodes in and confused as freak. episode 3 was the only exciting one. :frown2:

need to catch up on some orange is the new black, didn't even watch season 2 yet...

HenDoggy 06-17-2015 09:13 PM

when the freak are they going to announce the the friday night lights movie. its been on my mind for weeks...

IveGotToast 06-17-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HenDoggy (Post 1080629978)
when the freak are they going to announce the the friday night lights movie. its been on my mind for weeks...

They're making another one? I enjoyed the first one, which along with Rocky, Raging Bull, and The Sandlot are the only sports movies I've ever liked. I think it mostly has to do with The Explosions In The Sky soundtrack though.

IveGotToast 06-17-2015 09:33 PM

Pretty disappointing year for films. Mad Max was fun and Ex Machina was interesting. That's it really.

HenDoggy 06-17-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IveGotToast (Post 1080630194)
They're making another one? I enjoyed the first one, which along with Rocky, Raging Bull, and The Sandlot are the only sports movies I've ever liked. I think it mostly has to do with The Explosions In The Sky soundtrack though.

oh, yeah original film was great, but i was referring to the tv show, movie. last i heard, they were trying to do a crowdfunding for it, but it might be scrapped... speaking of raging bull, i need to watch that soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IveGotToast (Post 1080630234)
Pretty disappointing year for films. Mad Max was fun and Ex Machina was interesting. That's it really.

need to watch both of these as well

another random thought: loved that portlandia episode, one more episode haha, is battlestar galactica really that addicting?

IveGotToast 06-17-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HenDoggy (Post 1080630306)
oh, yeah original film was great, but i was referring to the tv show, movie. last i heard, they were trying to do a crowdfunding for it, but it might be scrapped... speaking of raging bull, i need to watch that soon.

need to watch both of these as well

another random thought: loved that portlandia episode, one more episode haha, is battlestar galactica really that addicting?

That's my favorite Portlandia episode. I can relate to the binge watching addiction, especially with Breaking Bad.

I really want to watch Battlestar since there are so few good Scifi shows. Of course it's not as bad as fantasy shows. Honestly though, how have we had 60 years of tv, and only one good fantasy show? (Which is really going downhill)

HenDoggy 06-17-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IveGotToast (Post 1080630482)
That's my favorite Portlandia episode. I can relate to the binge watching addiction, especially with Breaking Bad.

I really want to watch Battlestar since there are so few good Scifi shows. Of course it's not as bad as fantasy shows. Honestly though, how have we had 60 years of tv, and only one good fantasy show? (Which is really going downhill)

haha, same with breaking bad. i was lucky enough to not have seen it til all 4 seasons were made available on netflix streaming. i binged watched all the seasons within a week or so. did the same for walking dead season 2.

hmm, look like battlestar is not on netflix streaming. such a shame, was looking forward to checking it out. ugh i guess i'll watch this show, the strain. looks kind of promising.

Kevin001 06-18-2015 03:45 PM

I'm thinking about watching Jurassic World again.....it was so good.

HenDoggy 06-18-2015 05:55 PM

^that's all i've heard people talking abut these days, makes me tempted to go see it but i don't want to go alone lol

if anyone wants to get into Swans i suggest they listen to "The Burning World" first. Great album and easy on the ears.

millenniumman75 06-18-2015 07:09 PM

I was told that Astronaut Wives' costume were what people actually wore in the early 1960s....I had no way to knowing with all the Black & White shows.

IcedOver 06-19-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HenDoggy (Post 1080642778)
^that's all i've heard people talking abut these days, makes me tempted to go see it but i don't want to go alone lol

I can't count the number of comments I've read on this forum from people not wanting to go to the movies alone. Believe me, no one cares. I went to the mess that was Mad Max: Fury Road recently, and the only other people in the theater were 4-5 guys by themselves. Many times I've spotted single women as well, and dozens of times I've been the only person in the theater, which can be a treat (most recently for Avengers: Age of Ultron). People aren't looking at you.

IveGotToast 06-21-2015 12:38 PM

I really want to see Inside Out Now. People have been going crazy about it like it's the best Pixar movie yet, outside of The Toy Story Trilogy.

HenDoggy 06-21-2015 07:50 PM

IcedOver 06-22-2015 08:21 AM

I think Marvel Comics lost a lot of readers today, and I may be one of them (at least when it comes to new comics). I'm only a casual reader anyway, primarily around the releases of these new movies. Sometimes I'll buy comics and not get around to reading them for months. I'm doing that with the "Secret Wars" big reboot event, where they're effectively "destroying" the entire Marvel Universe and replacing it with something lame.

Spider-Man has been one of my favorite characters since I was a kid. Today they announced that Peter Parker will no longer be the main Spider-Man after this event, but will be replaced by Miles Morales, the "social justice warrior" experiment from a few years ago (he's black and hispanic, and already replaced a murdered Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe). Marvel Comics is no longer a company centered around storytelling. Today it's focused on pandering to special interest racial and gender topics, influenced by screaming SJWs who have never read a comic but have made comicdom the latest target of their calls for "diversity" at all costs. Today Captain America is also black and Thor is a woman. Instead of creating new superheroes who fit the racial/gender parts they feel are lacking, they're taking established and legendary white and male heroes and changing their races/genders. It's truly disgusting, disrespectful and disheartening.

millenniumman75 06-22-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedOver (Post 1080696530)
I think Marvel Comics lost a lot of readers today, and I may be one of them (at least when it comes to new comics). I'm only a casual reader anyway, primarily around the releases of these new movies. Sometimes I'll buy comics and not get around to reading them for months. I'm doing that with the "Secret Wars" big reboot event, where they're effectively "destroying" the entire Marvel Universe and replacing it with something lame.

Spider-Man has been one of my favorite characters since I was a kid. Today they announced that Peter Parker will no longer be the main Spider-Man after this event, but will be replaced by Miles Morales, the "social justice warrior" experiment from a few years ago (he's black and hispanic, and already replaced a murdered Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe). Marvel Comics is no longer a company centered around storytelling. Today it's focused on pandering to special interest racial and gender topics, influenced by screaming SJWs who have never read a comic but have made comicdom the latest target of their calls for "diversity" at all costs. Today Captain America is also black and Thor is a woman. Instead of creating new superheroes who fit the racial/gender parts they feel are lacking, they're taking established and legendary white and male heroes and changing their races/genders. It's truly disgusting, disrespectful and disheartening.

The inventor of the web injection thing (from the wrist) also won't be getting anymore money because the patent expired.

IveGotToast 06-24-2015 11:15 PM

The two best movies of 2014 were made for a combined budget of 12 million dollars. It's amazing what a good story and quality actors can do.

Nightcrawler and Whiplash in case you were wondering.

IcedOver 06-25-2015 06:50 AM

Went to Full Metal Jacket in the theater yesterday. This was overheard from a group of younger guys in the theater.

"You seen this before?"
"No, I saw the remake."
"This was remade?"
"Yeah."
"Wait, are you sure?"
"Dude, I'm sure. Is Jake Gyllenhaal in this?"
"No."
"Dude, look it up."

(Of course he was thinking of Jarhead. Wrong war, even.)

I AM in a world . . . of sh*t!

millenniumman75 06-25-2015 07:55 AM

The Bachelorette is a mess.
That one contestant will go into history as the only one to sleep with two Bachelorettes.

No wonder he's still single.

Kevin001 06-26-2015 09:39 PM

I wonder if Jurassic World will gross over 2 billion worldwide?

IveGotToast 06-26-2015 10:53 PM

How have I gone this long without watching Chinatown? It's so good I wanna watch it again. Best final line in any movie.