Fear The Walking Dead - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Fear The Walking Dead

So tonight is episode 3. I am not really sure where I stand with this but will see the season through. Well, if you can call six episodes a season. I will post more later after viewing the episode which plays in about 3 hours from now. Our last episode left us with things beginning to break down so I expect this episode to be interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Permanently Banned

Indeed. Looking forward to some more character development. I'm guessing that Alicia the daughter will find a way to see her infected boyfriend as a zombie, but that she won't be killed by him. Maddy the mother will freak out about something, because that's just what her character does (before she kicks some ***). And I'm hoping we'll see Travis the dad and his son show some more survival skills. The military should get more involved at some point. And then there's the question of whether or son Nick is going to be in danger from his dope dealer's buddies...given that dope dealers really don't care what else is going on when something goes wrong in the supply chain...etc.

I have to go to work right in the middle of the show, so I gotta download it later >.<. The next shift always asks me, "Did you see what happened on TWD???" No, because I've been here, so don't spoil it for me prreeeeeeze :P
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Spirit of Vengeance

My Mood: Mellow
Yep, looking forward to tonight's episode as well though I have school work to do so I'm going to DVR it and watch it later. So far I really like this show. I know some have complained that there is not enough action/zombie killing but I enjoy seeing how all the little things go wrong bit by bit until all hell breaks loose eventually. We all know that the zombie apocalypse is going to happen but the characters on the show don't....yet.

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”

I've got a Dungeon Master's guide
I've got a 12-sided die
I've got Kitty Pryde
And Nightcrawler, too
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I am trying my hardest to remain positive but this show is just falling flat with me. I found myself bored with this episode. The best part was the final minutes when the military showed up. The characters are so one dimensional and uninteresting. In TWD, the characters were great right from the start. Gah...will watch the entire season but I need a reason to give a **** about these people. :/
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 07:42 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineKitty View Post
I am trying my hardest to remain positive but this show is just falling flat with me. I found myself bored with this episode. The best part was the final minutes when the military showed up. The characters are so one dimensional and uninteresting. In TWD, the characters were great right from the start. Gah...will watch the entire season but I need a reason to give a **** about these people. :/
I agree, the characters are very flat, but I do think this was the best episode so far.

I wish they would have gone further into the hospital scene.

SPOILERS

On the other hand, I have noticed the shows reliance on cheap devices like when the daughter runs back to get the bullets alone. Typical dumb actions people take in typical horror movies.

Also, imo, the teacher mom got bit, which is why she asked the other step mom to take care of business if she ever became a walker. And why she was so hostile to Susan, the zombie neighbor.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 12:54 PM
Permanently Banned

Your neighbors have just been eaten by zombies, and society is collapsing.....

What should you do?

1-Start gathering all of the canned goods, bottled water, heavy clothes, backpacks, sleeping bags, flashlights, medical supplies etc. in order to bug out....

2-Try to find out what's going on by using a cell phone, radio, TV, and computer....

3-Board up all of the doors and windows, fashion weapons, and post looks outs in the front and back of the house, up on the roof etc.

4-Band together with your neighbors, pool weapons, supplies, and shelter, brainstorm on what to do next.

5-Play Monopoly with the kids, glancing furtively at all of the glass windows in the house.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

^^Yeah I know the Monopoly game was a bit much. Society is falling...who wants to play Monopoly!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 04:44 PM
SAS Member

Will Madison show us she has more than two facial expressions? I hope so, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up on that hah. The only characters I like so far Mr. Salazar, Nick, and Tobias. The other characters are just "meh" so far.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Spirit of Vengeance

It was a pretty boring episode. I enjoyed the first two episodes but this one sort of bugged me for some reason. It had some good parts but some dumb moments as others have mentioned. Plus, yeah, the character development hasn't been the best for everyone.

I've got a 12-sided die
I've got Kitty Pryde
And Nightcrawler, too
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 05:54 AM
Sigh.

But... I made a thread already... http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...8/index13.html

And where were some of you guys with chatting about it.

Oh, I see. WineKitty is cooler than me.

PTSD doesn't mean you're going insane.
It means you're sane and reacting from something that was insane.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Permanently Banned

I love how everyone continues to put out the trash, act normal, and not talk with each other....

'Hi Dan! How's the family? Was anyone uhmmm eaten last night? Don't know if you knew, but the Jones and Johnsons are not going to be coming to the neighborhood party this year.....Have any extra ammo or cans of Dinty Moore you can spare?'
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 11:35 AM
Spirit of Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThisGuy View Post
But... I made a thread already... http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...8/index13.html

And where were some of you guys with chatting about it.

Oh, I see. WineKitty is cooler than me.
I think I made the last post in your FTWD thread but no one responded after that. I guess I killed the thread.

I've got a 12-sided die
I've got Kitty Pryde
And Nightcrawler, too
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Sigh.

Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462 was so silly short. I'm not sure I'll pay attention enough to not fastforward through them. They play 30 seconds twice throughout a WD episode's commercials. Ugh.

PTSD doesn't mean you're going insane.
It means you're sane and reacting from something that was insane.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page