post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Yoink

Cool

$20 All-in Concert Tickets

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:00 PM
Leftist Darkness

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I live in the UK, I'm not aware that this has ever been a thing here. I'm bummed because IAMX didn't come to the UK on their last tour (I've seen them 3 times already though, but I need endorphins where I can get them plus they were doing mental health gatherings on their last tour :<) here is a list of bands I've seen live (hyphenated ones were support acts at a concert) I may end up missing one..

Green Day
- Hard-Fi
- Taking Back Sunday
- Jimmy Eat World

The Blanks (just because they played at my uni, not very into their music though Scrubs was a good show.)

Evanescence
-The Pretty Reckless

ONE OK ROCK

Girugamesh

Mindless Self Indulgence
- The Red Paintings (this was the best band I discovered through a concert and their set was really weird too.)
- The Dead Betas

IAMX (x3)

Steven Wilson (x4)

The Birthday Massacre
- The Dead Betas
- Among The Echoes (I think honestly don't remember this band really, and they may have been replaced at the show or something but they were like goth rock or something and opening for TBM.)

Deftones
-AFI

A Perfect Circle

The Dresden Dolls

so 17? I would go to many more, but I shouldn't really go to any at all. I feel guilty for doing fun stuff when I can't make myself do other stuff and I still tend to get really anxious especially in the last few years but it helps a small amount. And music is very important to me in a spiritual/drug sense.

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain
You've been talking to the wall
Everybody is dead in this house

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain
You never wanted to be born

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Leftist Darkness

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbath9 View Post
That's a pretty good list. I've seen Green Day, Evanescence x2, Deftones and probably a couple more from that list.

I find that having tickets for a concert that is months away gives me something to look forward to when I get depressed (which is like every other day).

I read a great book called "Guilt, Shame and Anxiety - Understanding and Overcoming Negative Emotions" by Dr. Peter Breggin. He writes that these legacy emotions were needed during our evolution but we really don't need them anymore and can replace them with a more constructive emotion, something like Love
I feel like it's pretty normal for someone like me to feel guilt/shame when doing stuff I enjoy, because I'm doing far less productive stuff than the average person (at my point of existence the total obliteration of shame/guilt is probably more a sign of sociopathy and I have more than enough sociopathic traits haha..) Some people though work really hard and feel guilty for even taking short breaks and that seems unfair on them.

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain
You've been talking to the wall

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain
You never wanted to be born

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page