Philadelphia Flyers - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Philadelphia Flyers

Last place overall in the NHL! 11 wins! I have watched this team for 23 years and I have never seen such terrible hockey as I have seen from this team. I'm not used to seeing my team so pitiful and at the bottom. What happened?
I don't want the Flyers to become the Arizona Cardinals of the NHL. Anybody here a Flyers fan or just a hockey fan in general?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 AM
gone

re: Philadelphia Flyers

I like hockey. I'm glad the Flyers suck though because I hate them

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 06:44 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely

Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie is friendless
I don't want the Flyers to become the Arizona Cardinals of the NHL.
Relax. It's one season.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Terminated

re: Philadelphia Flyers

Last edited by llee; 02-10-2010 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Paranoia
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGVan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie is friendless
I don't want the Flyers to become the Arizona Cardinals of the NHL.
Relax. It's one season.
You're right. The Flyers would have to stink the joint out for the next 60 years to reach the level of the Cardinals. A better comparison is I don't want this to turn into a situation where they miss the playoffs for 6 or 7 straight seasons like the Rangers did. It figures that the one season the Flyers have to be the worst, is a season where the entry draft class is, from what I have read, okay at best. There isn't any Crosby's or Malkin's to choose from in this years class.

The most disappointing aspect of this year's team is that of the young players regressing. I'm talking about Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Joni Pitkanen and R.J. Umberger. Forsberg's foot problem has not helped, Gagne has been disappointing, and with Primeau and Desjardins retirements, along with the bad Handzus trade, the Flyers have lost needed veteran leadership.

I feel the current management has to go. Paul Holmgren and John Stevens have not done anything to give me hope for next season. Let them go. It's high time that the Flyers hire someone from outside the organization as GM that isn't a pal of Bob Clarke and can bring a new philosophy to the Flyers that emphasizes player development, better drafting and better trades. Player development and drafting is key, as the Devils, Avalanche and Red Wings have proved over the past decade. A major housecleaning is needed.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 08:26 PM
SAS Member

Re: re: Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by llee
Canuck fan here.

Though, I was always a Penguin fan ever since the Lemieux/Jagr/Francis days. But Crosby/Malkin/J.Stall are just as exciting. Perhaps more so with the new NHL and all.
I agree. they're all very young--even marc andre fleury. They remind me of the Tampa Bay Lightning from 2002; no pressure and right on the verge of greatness.

However, as a penguins fan, they had a more balanced team back in the day. Heck, Jagr, as exciting as he was, wasn't even on the 1st line.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Re: re: Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronian
I agree. they're all very young--even marc andre fleury. They remind me of the Tampa Bay Lightning from 2002; no pressure and right on the verge of greatness.
The only question about the Penguins is where will their home be next season? Houston? Oklahoma City? Kansas City? Winnipeg? Or, if a miracle occurs, Pittsburgh? Regardless of their future home, this team reminds me a little of the Quebec Nordiques of the early 1990's. Much like Quebec in 1994 with Sakic and Forsberg, the Pens have two young all world players in Crosby and Malkin. The Penguins won't win it all this year, but I predict a Cup by 2009 in whatever city they are playing in.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 04:50 PM

hopefully we'll get to see crosby in the playoffs atleast this year. I hope he stays on top of the points to not enough Canadians up there anymore. although right now out of the top 5, 4 are Canadian and the only one thats not is Ovechkin, which is alright to, hes fun to watch.

right now Crosby has 79 pionts and Ovechkin has 69, plus Ovechkin has played 5 more games and also has a +/- of -10 and crosby is at +15
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:45 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCanada
hopefully we'll get to see crosby in the playoffs atleast this year. I hope he stays on top of the points to not enough Canadians up there anymore. although right now out of the top 5, 4 are Canadian and the only one thats not is Ovechkin, which is alright to, hes fun to watch.

right now Crosby has 79 pionts and Ovechkin has 69, plus Ovechkin has played 5 more games and also has a +/- of -10 and crosby is at +15
I always liked those Pittsburgh/Washington playoff series (I guess it's because Pittsburgh won the majority of them). It would be cool to see Crosby and Ovechkin pick it up again.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 07:10 PM

yea that would be a good series.

oh yea and to give ovechkin some credit, I don't think he has as good of company on the ice, Crosby has Malkin(i don't think they are on the same line but they seem to get alot of piont together) and Mark Recchi. im not sure who Ovechkin has, Zubrus?

i guess this ain't about the flyers though, im just happy there is an active hockey thread on SAS
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Karma Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCanada
yea that would be a good series.

oh yea and to give ovechkin some credit, I don't think he has as good of company on the ice, Crosby has Malkin(i don't think they are on the same line but they seem to get alot of piont together) and Mark Recchi. im not sure who Ovechkin has, Zubrus?

i guess this ain't about the flyers though, im just happy there is an active hockey thread on SAS
ya, me happy too.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 07:24 AM

So they went and traded Forsberg to Nashville...

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=pag ... eid=289087

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page