- NBA at CBS
- NBA at FOX
- NBA at Sports Illustrated
- NBA at Sporting News
- NBA at Pro Sports Daily
- NBA at Fanhouse
- Draft Express
- RealGM

News, rumors, scores, highlights, draft, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Grind

baksetball is the ****...

the rockets got a good scouting report...i dont know about the whole 'city thunder' or whatever, but baksetball is always good to watch...kobe will have a huge chip on his shoulder this season, i can bet he will be very mad when playoff time comes...and the grizzlies got pau gasols brother or somethin...the nba is crazy, i just want the playoffs to come...

I'm nothin short
Of a
Circumcised d*** head
--Mr. SandMan--
post #3 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Yeah I really like the Rockets this year and on paper they look like a team with a shot of winning it all, but you know injuries will inevitably occur to this team at the worst time, so who knows how things will end up for them? But I'm still keeping an eye out for Houston and Philly as my 'unlikely' picks to play in the finals.

Aside from that it's amazing the numbers some of these late draft picks are putting up! Granted it's just one game but...

Mario Chalmers.....17pts, 8ast, 7reb
Darrell Arthur.....11pts, 15rebs, 2blk
Jason Thompson.....18pts, 10rebs in 22 minutes off the bench!

post #4 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
SAS Member

This just in A.I. has been moved to detroit for chauncy, Mcdyess, and some other dude, u guys think this will make them a championship team or a worse team? I personally think it will make them a better team as A.I.'s scoring is better than Chancy's, but then again Chauncy was the controller of their offence, so it'll be interesting.
post #5 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I think Detroit mostly did this trade to go after a big free agent next year or in 2010 since AI's contract will be coming off the books while Billups still has a few years left on his. It's tough to tell though, Iverson could be just the guy the Pistons need to get back into the finals. But if it doesn't work out, big deal, they just won't re-sign him and they'll pick up somebody else in the offseason. They've got Stuckey, Afflalo, and Bynum so it wouldn't surprise me if in 2010 they throw some money at guys like Dirk or Amare or even Boozer this offseason.

If anything I think it makes Denver a much better team. AI was expendable in their system with the all of the offense the team already provides and with Billups running the point, he should be able to set up the other guys better and provide them with much needed perimeter d

I got to say the last few moves Denver has made were questionable but I'm really liking this trade for them and Detroit.
post #6 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 01:10 PM
SAS Member

I've heard they made trade A.I. for possibly Chris Bosh or Lebron, which makes sense because Lebron is not gonna win a championship with the team he's got and hes contract is ending in the summer of 2010 and so is Bosh's I think, D-wade's is too for that matter. Oh and btw Bynum is on the lakers not the pistons.

And I think I agree with you. This deal looks like a win win situation for the two of 'em, Denver gets a mature point guard, and Pistons get a strong consistent scorer, I look forward to watching both these teams play.
post #7 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

haha I shouldn't have mentioned him, I was talking about Will Bynum, the scrub point guard for Detroit. I watched him drive all over Charlotte Monday night but again the guy's a scrub and probably won't be with the team next year. Stuckey and Afflalo on the other hand are going to be great players.
post #8 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:08 PM
hms
SAS Member

I'm a big basketball fan, but now I have no team to root for (No more Sonics). So I guess my team now is the Blazers since they are closest to me and also have one of my favorite players B-Roy. I've been watching him play since his days at Garfield High School in Seattle. Plus they've got a deep young team and one of my new favorite players Rudy Fernandez out of Spain.

I think it will be the Lakers vs the Celtics in the finals again this year, but with the Lakers winning this time. My sleeper team this year is the Hawks.

The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.
post #9 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I know what you're talking about man, I was a huge Hornets fan before they jetted to the Big Easy. Admittedly, I tried to not follow them but it's really tough not to like Chris Paul. But the Blazers have a good team, Brandon Roy is very legit and I'm liking what I've seen from Rudy Fernandez so far, he is so good at creating his own shot, he's like Manu Jr.
post #10 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 03:54 PM
SAS Member

The Cavs are going to be serious contenders this year. LeBron James is an inch taller and gained another 20 lbs. of muscle. In the games I have seen, he can't be stopped. He is too strong, too fast, and too big for just about everyone now. So the defense swarms him, leaving one or two guys wide open, and this year he has Mo Williams, Delonte West, Daniel Gibson, Anderson Varejao, and Z all shooting well for him. And now there are rumors the Cavs might get McDyess.

"Whatever dramas are going on in my life, I always find that place inside my head where I see myself as the cleanest, tallest, strongest, wisest person that I can be." -Layne Staley

"The earth we abuse and the living things we kill will, in the end, take their revenge; for in exploiting their presence we are diminishing our future." -Marya Mannes

"Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities." -Voltaire
post #11 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Yeah I heard he weighs like 275 now. Not sure how accurate that is but still that's 10lbs more than Dwight Howard! That's insane!
post #12 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Karma Chameleon

this years rookie class is impressing me. thats one thing I have to say for right now.

mayo, rose, beasley just for starters. chalmers, anthony morrow warrior guy??

fernandez - blazer.

the list goes on and on.
post #13 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
SAS Member

DOnt forget Eric Gordon, he hasn't gotten too many minutes, but hopefully he won't get stuck on that dead end *** Clippers organization. If you ask me Dunleavy just does not do his players justice, hes got an athletic bunch, thorton, Davis, and Camby and a few others and he insists on doing that boring *** generic offence, he needs to speed it up mang, the Clippers got mad potential, but the organization keeps fckin up, and they end up chasing Brand away, STUPID.

You guys still think Lakers is #1 after that whooping by Detroit?
post #14 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Grind

the nuggets look good from what i saw, i dont know about the center position, but the only real centers are still rookies besides shaq...

and lol, did anyone see that sportscenter commercial with shaq playing scrabble...i forget what word he said, then they showed the board, and it had all these shaq words like 'shaq fu' lmao...that was very funny to me, then they asked how he got all the 'q's...it was very funny...

but yea, i really havent been watching, i saw some of the nuggets/celtics game, then the first quarter of the pistons/lakers game...i usually start getting more into it when the playoffs roll around...

I'm nothin short
Of a
Circumcised d*** head
--Mr. SandMan--
post #15 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Aspergian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignate View Post
i usually start getting more into it when the playoffs roll around...
Funny, that's when I lose interest since it's always the same teams that win the championship every year.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #16 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Grind

playoff basketball is the best basketball, go big or go home...

I'm nothin short
Of a
Circumcised d*** head
--Mr. SandMan--
post #17 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Karma Chameleon

i realize this is a lot of peoples sleeper team, but I think it would be cool if Portland upset the Lakers in the playoffs or something crazy like that. They are not my team, but I like Aldridge and the rest of that team to maybe pull an upset or two if they get in.
post #18 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Aspergian

Oden is looking good and he's not completely in game shape yet, when he gets there watch out. Roy is playing like an all-star. I really like Rudy the guy is all hustle. Batum is another one I really like, he's got some raw talent for such a young guy. I could go on and on the Blazers have a lot of talented young guys.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #19 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:42 AM
SAS Member

during the "jail blazers" days i use to just ignore the blazers but now with oden, roy, rudy, batum, lamarcus etc... i have been following them a lot more closely now. They have so much talent and very humble - compared to damon stodamire (someone i know tried to talk to him but he just ignores you), rasheed, bonzi, randolph. I think 4-6 seed playoffs.

- a heck of a job by gm-kevin pritchard.
post #20 of 605 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:59 AM

How about the NBA D-LEAGUE! Woo! Go Jam!

Anyone?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page