Official NBA thread - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby View Post
Can someone tell me how the rise of the Raptors came about? I admittedly haven't been following much at all. I never get around to watching games or keeping up to date with them. Like, did they acquire a great player in a trade? New great coach? As far as I'm aware or remember, they seemed to be on a big upswing after trading away Gay. The Raptors rise seemed so sudden.
Lowry happened. Toronto was looking at another losing season when they traded Gay last year. What that did was take the ball out of Gay's hands and Lowry has been absolutely balling ever since. The Gay trade also solidified our bench and we're one of the deepest teams in the league right now. We also have about $28 million in cap space next season. This isn't even our final form.

**** the past
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 10:38 PM
SAS Member

James Harden went off again last night. He's probably my favorite player/beard to watch in the NBA.
post #43 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 08:12 AM
watching stars collide

Good god...

post #44 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

^ James Johnson absolutely demolished him yesterday. You know you've been dunked on when you have to commit a cheap shot on the next possession. RIP Drummond.

**** the past
post #45 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 11:59 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Can someone tell me how the rise of the Raptors came about? I admittedly haven't been following much at all. I never get around to watching games or keeping up to date with them. Like, did they acquire a great player in a trade? New great coach? As far as I'm aware or remember, they seemed to be on a big upswing after trading away Gay. The Raptors rise seemed so sudden.
sweet lou happend
post #46 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 12:12 PM
foe
Live. Laugh. Learn

My Mood: Bored
Raptors became good for a couple of reasons; their players got better and their division got crappier. Lowry, as gunner21 mentioned, became a top 2 point guard in the East. DeRozan (currently injured) became one of the top SGs in the East. Their frontcourt is pretty good too with Valanciunas, Patterson and Johnson & Johnson.

Then you have the demise of the Atlantic division.

I think they're still behind Bulls, Cavs and Wizards though come playoff time. Raptors still lack a bit of star power and have a questionable bench. Bulls got depth, Cavs got a Big 3, Wizards have Wall, Beal and a better PF/C rotation.
post #47 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 06:25 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foe View Post
Raptors became good for a couple of reasons; their players got better and their division got crappier. Lowry, as gunner21 mentioned, became a top 2 point guard in the East. DeRozan (currently injured) became one of the top SGs in the East. Their frontcourt is pretty good too with Valanciunas, Patterson and Johnson & Johnson.

Then you have the demise of the Atlantic division.

I think they're still behind Bulls, Cavs and Wizards though come playoff time. Raptors still lack a bit of star power and have a questionable bench. Bulls got depth, Cavs got a Big 3, Wizards have Wall, Beal and a better PF/C rotation.
I would argue to say that the raps are above the wizards. nene has dropped off significantly and pierce has not been an upgrade over ariza. i think the raps when healthy could take out both the bulls and the cavs(not both teams back to back, but they could beat one or the other) if enough things go right for them.
post #48 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-26-2014, 01:17 AM
SAS Member

Im so happy the Raptors are doing so good this year, they're a likable team and from what I read online, they've got the funniest fanbase
I hope for a Raptors vs Hawks EC Finals.

For the WC Finals I want GSW vs Memphis...
since its obvious the Pelicans won't make it anymore or have a very very slim chance of even taking the 8th seed
I worship Anthony Davis and his legendary brow and was really hoping he'd make the playoffs this season but man, the west is brutal.
post #49 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

We the North....we the fourth

Huge win today on the road against the Clips. Lowry got dat MVP booty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalpretzel View Post
Im so happy the Raptors are doing so good this year, they're a likable team and from what I read online, they've got the funniest fanbase
I hope for a Raptors vs Hawks EC Finals.

For the WC Finals I want GSW vs Memphis...
since its obvious the Pelicans won't make it anymore or have a very very slim chance of even taking the 8th seed
I worship Anthony Davis and his legendary brow and was really hoping he'd make the playoffs this season but man, the west is brutal.
A female NBA fan?! Is this real life?

**** the past
post #50 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Screwed over last night by the zebras. What else is new.

**** the past
post #51 of 1507 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daylight View Post
Paul George got hurt and Lance Stephenson left the Pacers. The Miami Heat broke apart. These both opened the door for the Raptors and Wizards to make their move in the East. Both were teams on the rise to begin with. The second best team in the Raptors division currently has a 10-14 record so their current record isn't what it seems. Raptors wouldn't survive in the Western Conference.
Wouldn't survive in the Western Conference they said.

**** the past
post #52 of 1507 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 12:19 AM
SAS Member

On Monday I had sort of a brief awkward stare down with Doug McDermott of the Chicago Bulls as we walked past each other at a downtown Indy mall. I gave him a little head nod as we past each other. Of course the Bulls beat my Pacers later that night.
post #53 of 1507 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:42 PM
watching stars collide

I find it quite amusing that Detroit haven't lost since they waved Josh Smith. They've already equaled their total wins from when Smith was around.
post #54 of 1507 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I find it quite amusing that Detroit haven't lost since they waved Josh Smith. They've already equaled their total wins from when Smith was around.
Meanwhile houston faltering since they got him.

**** the past
post #55 of 1507 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 07:05 PM
watching stars collide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner21 View Post
Meanwhile houston faltering since they got him.
That makes it double as enjoyable. I'm not really a fan of the Pistons, but I absolutely hate the Rockets. Almost as much as the Clippers. I'm glad they aren't doing completely hot.
post #56 of 1507 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Karasuno's Ace

Quote:
That makes it double as enjoyable. I'm not really a fan of the Pistons, but I absolutely hate the Rockets. Almost as much as the Clippers. I'm glad they aren't doing completely hot.

My Clippers are so bad at the moment. I don't know what trade can be made with our limited assets, but something need to be done. The bench is so incredibly useless. Either Jamal completely carries the bench, or he has an off night, and no one else steps it up. The +- for the starters is usually pretty good, even in defeat, but the bench just gives up every lead and then some. I guess I can't be too upset about them losing to the Hawks since they are so good, but it's getting painful to watch this 2nd unit every game.

"Let me give you some advice b*****d. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."
post #57 of 1507 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 07:21 AM
SAS Member

Knicks get Okafor or Mudiay or I quit.
post #58 of 1507 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Farewell SAS

My Bulls have been looking real good lately, despite losing to the Nets. Jimmy Butler definitely has Most Improved Player of the year locked up. He's definitely gonna get paid after the season.
post #59 of 1507 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Where did all this hate for Rockets come from? Everyone hates them suddenly.

**** the past
post #60 of 1507 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 05:38 PM
watching stars collide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner21 View Post
Where did all this hate for Rockets come from? Everyone hates them suddenly.
Howard and Harden.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page