Bobcats in 4 5 35.71%
Raps in 16 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

post #21 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 01:40 AM
I survived Smash Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB20 View Post
Yikesssss. This Pacers team sucks.
Korver on Hibbert! Had me laughing my *** off.

So, Roy. What would ya say ya do around here?

Pretentious French proverb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 02:36 AM
Waitin' On A Sunny Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Korver on Hibbert! Had me laughing my *** off.

So, Roy. What would ya say ya do around here?
Lmao, that was hysterical. What the hell happened to Roy Hibbert? He went from one of the most physical centers in the league early in the season to a pushover who surprises me on the rare occasion he manages double-digit boards. ****, Tiago Splitter gets more rebounds than Hibs does these days, which is sad. Roy is friggin' 7'2"!

"You think I am a devil, but that is only because I have lived in Hell." - Captain Poison, Blood Diamond

"Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas." - Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2

"There is only one god, and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to death...not today." - Syrio Forel, Game of Thrones
post #23 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Man on the Moon

Language: SQL
My Mood: Lonely
can't wait for game 2!!

actually i don't really blame the refs for the raps loss in game 1. raps played like garbage. although the nets getting no fouls called against them in the 4th quarter makes me wonder

post #24 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 09:40 AM
SAS Member

Warriors beating Clippers in game 1 was surprising , really had high hopes on D.Rivers, improved Griffin and co., yet they lose against somewhat dissapointing team in Warriors, mostly because of the step back that Iguadala has taken with his offense and H.Barnes who did not seem to take any steps forward, especially considering his promising post-season year ago.

Still with Splash bro's and Lee they are a dangerous bunch and LAC got a taste of it. Now with what would be home-court advantage Warriors will not give series away for nothing less than best basketball from the clips.

If you dont sin, Jesus died for nothing.
post #25 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
roivas yromem eerf lla

Wouldn't surprise me if GSW made it to the conference finals, my only drawback doubt is Bogut being out. Let's not forget this is the team that nearly upset the Spurs last year.

Curry didn't even have a great game, and their entire team played with foul trouble since the first quarter. I'm pretty confident in them. If Blake/Deandre can't win it, the clips wont win this series.

Mavs stayed in it longer than I thought. Parker is their nightmare. Duncan is their reaper. Greene, Lenard, Ginobli, Bineli sprinkle the sand to keep them asleep. Yet the Mavs managed to lose while wide awake. I fully expect a sweep, if not, following games I predict will be blow outs to make up for that.

I can't call the Wiz/bulls, haven't invested my time to watch much of them.
My only wish tonight is that Lemarcus puts on a show. I've been pulling for this guy since the Roy days. Hope he further establishes his name to the world.

Never be negative Owl+
see from all angles
post #26 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 07:24 PM
SAS Member

I'm gonna go…

West
OKC/Rockets

East
Bulls/Nets

OKC wins it all.

Kinda kidding myself that the Spurs or the Heat will get knocked off that early but whatever :P
post #27 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Waitin' On A Sunny Day

Mavs played surprisingly well today, but I'm not sure they can keep up that level of defensive excellence. They made it a mission to contain San Antonio's 3-point shooting, and they did it well (See Marco Belinelli + Danny Green's stats today...ugh).

That left the inside wide, wide open, though, and Tony+Tim+Manu will rip that vulnerability to bits if Dallas keeps it up.

Still, gotta think Dirk + Monta will have better games as the series progresses, too, on the other side.

"You think I am a devil, but that is only because I have lived in Hell." - Captain Poison, Blood Diamond

"There is only one god, and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to death...not today." - Syrio Forel, Game of Thrones
post #28 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Karma Chameleon

Don't understand the poll question choices
post #29 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 01:43 AM
green and blue

I really want to dislike the Spurs as the Mavs have to face them first round, but I respect the team too much. Especially because of Duncan. I hope they win it all if (when) they knock out Dallas. Contrary to my picks for the guessing game, I want to see the Clippers and Heat to lose horribly. The Rockets can go **** themselves too. Maybe also OKC and the Pacers too, but they aren't as hated by me as the previous 3 lol.

All in the spirit of friendly and healthy competition of course.
post #30 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 12:41 PM
SAS Member

My goodness, Kevin Durant...

post #31 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 10:27 PM
Waitin' On A Sunny Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby View Post
The Rockets can go **** themselves too.
Amen. I ****ing hate James Harden and Dwight Howard. Hope Portland obliterates them, even though I'd really prefer that series go 7 in order to beat up the winner in preparation for the next series, assuming my Spurs can win against Dallas.

And Chicago tonight. This team's lack of offense is just destroying it. I'm not high on the Wizards's chances in the East (Heat would roll over them in a possible ECF, IMO - might even sweep them) but Washington can just annihilate Chicago in stretches. There's no consistent scorer for the Bulls, and defense can't do everything against guys who can make buckets like Nene and Wall.

post #32 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 04:09 AM
green and blue

Today was a good day. My team the Mavs even up the series, but more importantly, HOUSTON DOWN 2 GAMES!!!! Home court advantage too.
post #33 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Waitin' On A Sunny Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby View Post
Today was a good day. My team the Mavs even up the series, but more importantly, HOUSTON DOWN 2 GAMES!!!! Home court advantage too.
That was a great game y'all played; my Spurs looked completely out of sorts. Can't wait for this series to progress.

I do find consolation that Houston's down 0-2 and OKC's down 1-2, however. Makes last night feel all the better. Gah, Russ Westbrook bugs me almost as much as Harden. As much as I respect Kevin Durant, I'd love to watch the Grit n' Grind Grizz knock off OKC.

Also, Roy Hibbert...*snort* two boards, man. For a 7'2" center, two boards. Against Pero Antic. What happened to this dude...$14 mil a year and this? I feel for Indy fans.

post #34 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 09:57 PM
green and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB20 View Post
That was a great game y'all played; my Spurs looked completely out of sorts. Can't wait for this series to progress.

I do find consolation that Houston's down 0-2 and OKC's down 1-2, however. Makes last night feel all the better. Gah, Russ Westbrook bugs me almost as much as Harden. As much as I respect Kevin Durant, I'd love to watch the Grit n' Grind Grizz knock off OKC.

Also, Roy Hibbert...*snort* two boards, man. For a 7'2" center, two boards. Against Pero Antic. What happened to this dude...$14 mil a year and this? I feel for Indy fans.
Yeah I'm not a fan of Westbrook either, but respect KD. But yeah I'd prefer to see Memphis beat OKC as well.

Today is the first day I've been awake to actually watch a playoff game haha. I gotta wake up earlier. Not being in the same time zone as the US sucks. But at least I can watch the Warriors hopefully beat the Clippers. I hate them more than the Rockets and the Heat.
post #35 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:29 PM
The White Johnnie Cochran

Amazing final minutes by Curry wasted, I don't see GS recovering from this heartbreaker.
post #36 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 02:35 PM
SAS Member

Thoughts...

Chicago: Done.

Houston: Done.

Charlotte: No chance in hell.

Indy: Going to be in serious trouble if they can't figure out a way to string together some points. They can still turn this around though, and I think they will.

Clippers/Warriors: This is the one series I have no idea who is coming out of. I think this will go 7.

Dallas: Their defense poses an interesting challenge to San Antonio, but I think the Spurs will ultimately emerge the winner. I'll even say in no more than 6. Popovich will make the necessary adjustments.

Brooklyn: I think they'll come out of this series due to their experience.

OKC/Memphis: This one may go 7 as well, but I think the Thunder will win it.

If OKC falls in the first round though, I will pretty much be writing off the rest of the west and assuming the Spurs will be back in the Finals.
post #37 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 06:37 PM
SAS Member

Vince Carter doe!
post #38 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 06:40 PM
SAS Member

Come on Thunder!!
post #39 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 06:54 PM
SAS Member

This has been quite an exciting first round
post #40 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
roivas yromem eerf lla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buerhle View Post
Don't understand the poll question choices
Just sarcasm.

Also.
It's A V.......C...........3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My goodness'. Might be the best day of my life.
Every game in the west is like a conference finals. I can't imagine what the second round will be like, good grie'f.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxMF9Wtq78U

Never be negative Owl+
see from all angles

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page