Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Kobe Bryant is dead!!!!

4K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  WillYouStopDave 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yeah a legend only 41, been a min since I seen such a great die so young.

#7 ·
Better? Materialistically maybe but everyone struggles

#9 ·
That's truly heartbreaking news, I'm sorry for the losses and all those touched by this.

I really don't like small planes and helicopters, esp small planes, it seems like they're the ones always falling out of the sky more then commercial liners. I don't trust them one bit.

#10 ·
Yeah 5 died......him, his 13yr old daughter, another parent, their kid, and the pilot. He leaves his wife and other 3 daughters including baby girl.

#24 ·
I'm trying to pick out my favorite Kobe moment but there's too many. There's that time Matt Barnes faked throwing the ball at his face and he didn't even flinch, that iconic alley-oop to Shaq in the Finals, the buzzer beater against the Suns, scoring 81 points in a single game, dropping 60 on his last game before retirement a few years ago. Even his reaction to the Eagles winning the Super Bowl was fun and made you feel happy for him. It's hard to believe he's gone. It doesn't seem real yet.

#25 ·
Not really into sports, didn't know him, but that's life you can never take it for granted, there's families ripped apart every day that don't make the headlines, all the best to his family.

#27 ·
If he's married with no prenuptial agreement, his wife. If he's not, it would have to be mentioned in the will that the kids get it. Otherwise, it's either what Kobe mentioned or it's probate.

#30 ·
i couldnt believe it, such a freak accident out of nowhere. really awful...
(Probably) not such a freak accident. Flying in heavy fog when even most police and news choppers have been grounded? Pilots are likely not generally trained to fly in such conditions because it's not necessary unless it's some kind of life and death situation where you need a chopper in the air regardless of the risk. The military probably flies choppers and other aircraft in bad weather if they're in a war zone but civilian air traffic generally is not a place where you should see people flying in heavy fog.

#34 ·
You look hard enough you can always find stuff. Its nothing.

#37 ·
People die everyday. If your famous people take notice. If your not, then nobody cares. Maybe close family and a few friends, but that's it. What does a life mean? I think every life should be held sacred. Death levels the playing field. Heaven or Hell no exceptions. I fear that Hell is going to be very populated full of godless people. I for one is praying for heaven. Because there is no escaping death. Figure out what you believe in now, because you never know when your last breath will be.

#38 ·
People die everyday. If your famous people take notice. If your not, then nobody cares. Maybe close family and a few friends, but that's it.
I don't think that people don't care. I think that if people are not close to the person who died or their loved ones, it's more a case of people don't want to know because death is a painful and difficult topic that people don't really want to deal with before they have to. So for example, if everyone went out of their way to care about every single person who died, it would be a never ending nightmare for everyone.

But I do think that this is one major disadvantage to the way we live. I think humans probably were meant to live in small groups instead of massive cities like we do. An event like this gives people kind of an artificial sense of community that they don't feel when thousands of random strangers are dying.

#39 ·
@Kevin001 , @WillYouStopDave, @Persephone The Dread

I am not the kind of person that thinks that every seemingly chaotic event was planned by some conspiracy. Though there are some cases that were undoubtedly planned.

In this case, I was thinking more along the lines of the phenomena known "synchronicity" as described by Carl Jung.

Synchronicity is a concept, first introduced by analytical psychologist Carl Jung, which holds that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no causal relationship yet seem to be meaningfully related.
E.G:

- You're driving down the road . On a stop sign you observe a kid wearing a Sonic the Hedgehog t-shirt crossing the street. All of the sudden you start remembering a childhood friend who used to be fond of Sonic games before moving out of state to California. Suddenly another car cuts you off and upon looking at the license plate of that car you realize that it has a California license plate.

- You have an MP3 player loaded with over 800 songs that are set to play at random. The device contains no algorithm that is fed by your listening patterns in order to play certain songs more often. Instead the "seed" fed to the device is determined by memory volume. So the machine plays songs randomly as deterministically as possible and independent of your listening patterns. Appearing to the user to be truly random.

Before turning the device you start thinking of a song that you haven't heard in a long time. And then when you turn on that device that song plays first.

Events such as these contain no apparent relation but are freakishly related when interpreted by an individual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.