Random thought of the day: 30+ edition - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Random thought of the day: 30+ edition

In the spirit of this thread, I thought a thread like this might serve a purpose (or not, I don't know). So, well, it's here now, for what that's worth. Feel free to make use of it however you like. It will at least be less crowded and easier to keep up with than the general random-thought thread, anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:17 AM
SAS Member

People who are super confident in their abilities and let the world know it are often no where near as good as they think and usually worse than those who are meek and downplay their abilities.

This has been studied and is called the Dunning-Kruger effect in psychology. Look it up.
post #3 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locut0s View Post
People who are super confident in their abilities and let the world know it are often no where near as good as they think and usually worse than those who are meek and downplay their abilities. This has been studied and is called the Dunning-Kruger effect in psychology. Look it up.
Heh, this reminds me of a spastic co-worker who just this morning was having a conversation with another co-worker. He said "I'm a frickin' genius," and not in a flip manner. I highly doubt that, but don't know the guy that well. However, he is an extreme leftist (the kind that live in fairytale land), so the likelihood of his claim being an exaggeration is pretty great.

post #4 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Little Winged One

My Mood: Angelic
Charles Darwin had a "mystery" illness -his stomach would ache,he'd often vomit,shake and would often be prone to bouts of flatulence when around anyone outside of his family. He spent a great deal of time in his study recovering from these troubles and hiding from social activities. Sound familiar,(well,minus the flatulence)????

-Work on Forgetting the Self-

"Never try to appear to be more than you are but always try to be more than you appear."
post #5 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 AM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
So tired from class. Having 7 1/2 hours of class in one day was not the smartest decision. God, I hate Tuesdays. And I don't get home till 9:45 or 10:00pm but I have to get up at 7:15am the next day. It doesn't leave me enough time to unwind, shower, eat, brush my teeth, catch up on SAS, and still get enough sleep. I keep reverting back to my normal night cycle on the weekends.
post #6 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 AM
SAS Member

Rain, rain and rain some more.
post #7 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 AM
SAS Member

It's raining here too. Luckily it didn't rain on my walk back home. Didn't bring my umbrella cause the backpack was already too heavy.
post #8 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Trouble.

It snowed here again. I'm looking forward to one day moving to where it doesn't snow. I don't like seasons at all, in fact. Maybe Winter could be 55 and Summer could be 78 lol. That would be fantastic.
post #9 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 01:17 AM
Trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
My pendant fell into the sink drain and I was about to sadly write it off. Then I stopped thinking like a ditsy girl, looked under the sink, removed part of piping (it was so easy) and voila! There be my pendant, and a lot of disgusting scum.
Hooray!

Random: I'm completely addicted to sugary beverages. Water? Nevar!
post #10 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 04:26 PM
SAS Member

Having the owner of your company send out an e-mail to the entire company complaining of the bathroom floor being "sticky" and admonishing people to "pee in the toilet" is one of the lamest things that can happen at a job.
post #11 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 PM
giggling ******

Anyhow, back street. Run down. Lack of sleep. Flipped out. Got caught. Realized I was smarter than you. Ate donut. Smiled. Fog came. Left finger paints on window. Only for tonight.

blessed are they who bash your children's heads against a (punk) rock
post #12 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
SAS Member

Two different doctors appointments in one day.. ugh

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Carl Sagan
post #13 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 AM
SAS Member

Having trouble getting out of bed. It's too damn cold here. I woke up and the thermostat in my bedroom said 54 F (12 C)!!!! I hate this ****ty cold weather. Makes me so miserable.

Outside temp was around 44 F.
post #14 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 10:04 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lurking
*a million little thoughts in my head all at once...

The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people. - Travis Bickle
post #15 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspants08 View Post
It snowed here again. I'm looking forward to one day moving to where it doesn't snow. I don't like seasons at all, in fact. Maybe Winter could be 55 and Summer could be 78 lol. That would be fantastic.
It's all in the west coast, man. I've been eyeing Victoria, British Columbia, for as long as I can remember. If I was going to move anywhere, that would probably be my first choice (and my second, and my third) -- just for its climate.

post #16 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM
SAS Member

Is it really necessary to use hashtags in plain text posts and comments?

#AnnoyingThingsPeopleDo

#AreYouAwareThisIsNotTwitter

#STUPID

post #17 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 05:46 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

I really didn't realise how well pensioners have it financially in this country now. we've always viewed pensioners as being poor and sure there still is some elderly in poverty which is tragic. overall the older generation are some of the ones who have been hit the least hard by the tories "we're all in it together" plan.
I was incredibly worried when my dad announced his retirement a couple of years back as i'm unemployed and I thought with me being on benefits we'd suffer and not afford much but as its turned out we aren't doing that bad at all, he has a private pension ontop of the state pension as well as all the other benefits he receives. he's doing all right for himself, so much so that he went on a month holiday to new zealand last year and is going away on holiday again this summer.he's bought new furniture for the house. his generation got a pretty lucky break ,the kids these days have it hard.
post #18 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Devil's Advocate

I am thinking what would eventually kill me. Junk food? chain smoking? Will I die a natural or an accidental death. God.. Let me please die in peace. In my sleep. Let me die young enough. Not frail and elderly, crippled and dependent on others.

Diagnosis - Schizoaffective Disorder
Meds - Xanax 1mg, Ativan 2mg and Seroquel 100mg - before bed to sleep well.
post #19 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 09:40 PM
merry-seeking

Fun exchange of messages with a guy from an online dating site. Wonder if it will continue. He says he wants to, but I'm thinking it may be too much to hope for. Time will tell.
post #20 of 6993 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
uggla

Why haven't I seen this thread until now?

To everyone over 30:

Squats. S Q U A T S. Your ***** will thank you.

that's what she said

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page