Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   30+ Members (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f21/)
-   -   Has anyone tried CBD oil for their feelings of anxiousness? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f21/has-anyone-tried-cbd-oil-for-their-feelings-of-anxiousness-2222075/)

gcotting10 03-31-2019 03:43 PM

Has anyone tried CBD oil for their feelings of anxiousness?

I have severe social anxiety and I have started taking CBD oil. This stuff works! Have any of you tried it and it work for you? Or not work for you?

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

NPC Shawn 04-07-2019 06:09 PM

Got sold on a $70 bottle a few months back. Never did a thing no matter how much I took. Racing thoughts continued, insomnia was just as bad, no affect on anxiety.

toouncoolforschool 04-10-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcotting10 (Post 1093671969)
I have severe social anxiety and I have started taking CBD oil. This stuff works! Have any of you tried it and it work for you? Or not work for you?

How do you take it? Most commonly I've seen it in gummies and tincture dropper form. I tried the latter form, and felt slightly more calm, but not all that different really.

gcotting10 04-11-2019 02:04 AM

I take 10 drops twice a day and I haven't taken a pill in over a month I use Hempworx 750 THC free

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Soldoc 04-19-2019 05:07 PM

I tried CBD in different forms. Tinctures, vape, capsules, isolate, edibles, etc. I started with low dosages and worked my way up, and tried taking it several times a day. I did so for about 5-6 months. Honestly, there was no change for me. My work involves dealing with a lot of strangers every shift and dealing with some A-type personalities. I felt no change in my anxiety at all. I didn't sleep any better. I really wanted it to work. It seems to me CBD proponents are hyping it up as some cure-all. I would be more willing to believe that at most, for certain people in certain circumstances, it might have some mild effects. I honestly couldn't say that it did anything for me. I tried taking pretty decent doses before hanging out with friends or coworkers and really there was no change. I wasn't any more social, open, or calm. I just gave up after giving it an honest try. If it really worked and changed my social situation I would be recommending it heavily, but that just wasn't the case for me.

WillYouStopDave 04-19-2019 11:05 PM

So I have to admit, I have never actually been in the presence of this particular "product". Does it stink like weed?

Persephone The Dread 04-20-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093691845)
So I have to admit, I have never actually been in the presence of this particular "product". Does it stink like weed?

No it tastes kind of olive-y I guess? Not really sure what to compare it to.

Luzali 04-27-2019 05:49 PM

I can only buy a very low dose one here, cant seem to get anything stronger. It mildly worked for a short time but effects didnt last so I didnt repurchase. I sometimes takes half a Melissa dream tablet, theyre herbal sleep aids - they dont work for sleep but I do find them useful for anxiety, particularly before an event or situation where I need to stay calm. They dont cure the anxiety but they do take the edge off.

SplendidBob 04-27-2019 05:52 PM

Yes. Everyone has. It doesn't do anything.

Kiba 04-29-2019 08:02 PM

Yes and no. Yes, i have tried it, no it didn't have any noticeable effects on my anxiety.

boswell1967 05-01-2019 12:15 PM

Cannabis oil has helped me immensely and it covers a wide range of symptoms. In order for cannabis oil to work and in order for patients to see a difference there needs to be some sort of explanation as to what CBD and THC can do separately and what can these cannabinoids do together. Cannabis sativa is the name for plant and from this species the plant can be hemp or marijuana. Hemp is cannabis which holds trace amounts of THC and companies are starting to breed the THC out completely giving CBD isolate. Legalization is important from a medical standpoint but, companies are taking advantage and using words like organic, farm to table, lab tested, no pesticides, full spectrum without having any idea of what all this means. Now imagine a person who is dealing with a chronic health issue who is looking to get better by using an alternative treatment but is receiving misleading information. Marijuana has far more therapeutic benefits than hemp. CBD derived from marijuana can certainly decrease the level of anxiety for anyone. THC however, needs to be in the equation because it has the medical properties to reduce anxiety also. I choose King Harvest Wellness for my medical needs because they tell you over and over again to micro dose your medicine and find "YOUR PERSINAL" sweet spot. Those people who have said that CBD does not work for you. Okay. The reason it is not working is because it is derived from HEMP. There is a difference and each has its place in the world.

LostAndFoun D 05-18-2019 03:49 PM

I do like it but they arent all created equal for sure. My last bottle cost 140.00 dollars and it didn't do crap. I find I do better with cbd oils that contain the highest level of THC (which is only .3%) for my anxiety and sleep problems. And even then I have to take quite a bit.

And @Persephone thedread

some of them taste like you just ate a big joint. lol Depends on the kind I guess.

LostAndFoun D 05-19-2019 07:28 AM

ok. I'm now really mad at cbd oil. I read and was told you couldn't take too much and it would NOT get you high. I got my new cbd (same kind I always take...but this time got it from ebay) and decided to take it together with my other kind. OMG. I was stoned. I remember EXACTLY why I quit smoking pot when I was a teenager - it was awful. Most of the night I kept thinking I wasnt breathing right and was going to die. Then I got paranoid thinking someone tampered with my ebay bottle and gave me something weird and it was some other drug or something. Then I kept thinking I was choking to death and kept coughing.

I read cbd made from hemp couldnt get you high! Wrong!

I did take a lot last night but I was in major pain.

Has anyone else had this happen? I stayed up most of the night because I thought if I went to sleep I would die. Kind of funny- but not funny. I was scared.

TheForestWasDark 05-19-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostAndFoun D (Post 1093720791)
ok. I'm now really mad at cbd oil. I read and was told you couldn't take too much and it would NOT get you high. I got my new cbd (same kind I always take...but this time got it from ebay) and decided to take it together with my other kind. OMG. I was stoned. I remember EXACTLY why I quit smoking pot when I was a teenager - it was awful. Most of the night I kept thinking I wasnt breathing right and was going to die. Then I got paranoid thinking someone tampered with my ebay bottle and gave me something weird and it was some other drug or something. Then I kept thinking I was choking to death and kept coughing.

I read cbd made from hemp couldnt get you high! Wrong!

I did take a lot last night but I was in major pain.

Has anyone else had this happen? I stayed up most of the night because I thought if I went to sleep I would die. Kind of funny- but not funny. I was scared.

Not enough info given. Did you even research this a little bit ? Anyway ya cbd taken in too high of a dose can make you feel unpleasant. Obviously if you weigh like 120 lbs it won’t take much to take effect and get a stable outcome.

LostAndFoun D 05-19-2019 08:23 AM

Uh..ya. I made "friends" with the cbd/medical MJ guy and he's been talking my ear off about it for quite some time. People have told me he knows what hes talking about and has been in the newspapers with articles, etc.

He said it was fine, you can give it to your animals, kids, whatever.

Its hard to say how much I took because the droppers are never marked for some reason. But I took somewhere in the vicinity of 2 or 3 droppers of the 1000mg bottle and 3 droppers of the 500mg bottle.

I'm a big fat *** too. Not 120 lbs. lol

RelinquishedHell 05-19-2019 08:38 AM

It works well for me. It's just so cost prohibitive given I need to take 100mg to have a desired effect and I've heard others say the same. Some brands also feel stronger and more balanced than others.

LostAndFoun D 05-19-2019 08:41 AM

I guess I took way too much. Never had a problem though until last night.

LostAndFoun D 05-21-2019 05:38 AM

so i havent been taking as much as i did the other night and its working out pretty well. i slept ok last night -other than waking up at 430 this morning. i wish you could just grow your own ... but I guess thats not legal. its too bad its so damn expensive.