Do you enjoy being middle aged? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 10:13 PM
MAGA

I think middle age starts soon or varies after 40. If you've ever seen the movie "10", they mention it as "patchwork". Scars don't go away, wrinkles start forming and persist, eye vision focus changes, hair thinning or loss, more white hairs, extra hair starts growing in undesirable places, back aches more, etc.

Ironically, even with all the glut of fad "health" and alternative products out there , it's been reported recently that average lifespan hasn't improved or gotten worse for everyone. So it could be while maybe people can look younger longer, true aging hasn't really been slowed and life threatening diseases and conditions, cancer, Alzheimer's etc. still has much to do with luck in surviving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:12 AM
Born Of Blotmonađ

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
I’m not middle aged yet but I miss being stoned/drunk all the time in high school & feeling like the fun would never end & not working or job hunting or worrying about making ends meet every month
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:23 AM
Poorly tuned

My Mood: Relaxed
I believe I would enjoy being a Thanksgiving turkey just slightly more than I enjoy being middle-aged.

/WYSD

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:24 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I believe I would enjoy being a Thanksgiving turkey just slightly more than I enjoy being middle-aged.
Rotfl!

But seriously there are pluses and minuses. I’ve learned some important life lessons with age (34 so maybe just hitting middle age?) like the importance of work life balance and knowing my worth.
But my body doesn’t function as well as when I was younger - my lower back is a ***** - and I’m starting to wonder if I’m too old for crop tops 🙂

It'll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls, for the times they are a changing.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:42 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
..... It's a pity you'd have to get your head chopped off first though getting stuffed then stewing in your own juices, then someone sucking on your drumstick sounds like it might be fun

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 10:05 PM
raising your spirits

My Mood: Brooding
I don't much think about it. Denial's a helluva drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcar82594 View Post
Ironically, even with all the glut of fad "health" and alternative products out there , it's been reported recently that average lifespan hasn't improved or gotten worse for everyone. So it could be while maybe people can look younger longer, true aging hasn't really been slowed and life threatening diseases and conditions, cancer, Alzheimer's etc. still has much to do with luck in surviving.
Life expectancy has decreased because the wealth gap has grown. Fewer people, on average, can afford expensive medical interventions that prolong life. So the average life expectancy goes down, even if the wealthiest continue to live slightly longer each year.

In science, ideology tends to corrupt; absolute ideology [corrupts] absolutely" - Robert Nisbet
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:03 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryDude View Post
Some things are better, but is it crazy to say life was more magical as a young adult?
I do not enjoy middle age.
health is comparatively worse. still don't have a middle class job. still have never had a dating life or a girlfriend or any intimacy experiences.

No.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"
Stan Lee, 1962
http://hypestyle.newsvine.com
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:55 PM
loser

This is the first year in my life that I actually feel like I'm getting older. My muscles feel more stiff, I'm not as flexible as I was and I have a constant lower back problem (nothing problematic though). I never noticed those things before but I guess that's the start of being middle aged. My hair was falling since my late teens so I never perceived it as something you get when getting older.
I'm not enjoying it, not at all. Feels like I wasted the best years of my life and the only thing that's left is dread and despair.
I often fantasize of resetting my life, starting all over but the depressing thing is that nothing would be different because I am who I am and it's nothing to brag about.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:46 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W00DBINE View Post
When you're younger you still have hope, but as you get older and things don't get better that hope fades away. I'm dreading reaching 40 and still not achieved anything, 5 more years don't feel that long.
What do you want to achieve and whats stopping you?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page