Balding - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Balding

Balding is the worst part of getting old as a male. If you're fat, stupid, ugly, or anxious(or all of the above), you've at least had your whole life to get used to it.
There are only a couple of treatments that SLOW hair loss if they work, other than that all there is thousands of dollars of hair plugs.
All anybody will say, trying to be helpful, is "shave your head". I don't do change. I've never changed my hair and never wanted to. Nobody understands that to me that would be like walking out of the house naked one day.
Anyway, don't know why I'm making this thread, it's pointless.

Work a little bit harder on improving your low self-esteem, you stupid freak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:42 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
We can do a lot with our body using the law of attraction. We can heal ourselves, remove all out ailments and even grow back teeth and hair. You need to take time out of your day to focus on what you want, it's like a meditation. 15-30 minutes a day on focusing on your hair, imagining that you have it, being grateful for it, visualizing it etc. Should see results in 6-12 months.

Of course your self limiting beliefs can prevent you from manifesting something like this, if that's the case than you need to look at your beliefs first.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:49 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Not everyone goes bald & it can look good on people anyway, though I have seen a bald guy who got a tattoo on his head so it looked like he just had a buzz cut it looked really good, if I ever went bald I might consider it if I cared enough, though it might look out of place say if you lived to 80 or whatever, I have seen a couple of guys who insisted on wearing wigs & they didn't seem to realise it just looked like a dead cat sitting on their head, if they were gonna go the wig route they should have got a really good one at least, of course there's plenty of treatments now if it really bothered you much.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
We can do a lot with our body using the law of attraction. We can heal ourselves, remove all out ailments and even grow back teeth and hair. You need to take time out of your day to focus on what you want, it's like a meditation. 15-30 minutes a day on focusing on your hair, imagining that you have it, being grateful for it, visualizing it etc. Should see results in 6-12 months.

Of course your self limiting beliefs can prevent you from manifesting something like this, if that's the case than you need to look at your beliefs first.
Yeah, that's a fantasy. And you have the convenient excuse of "You're not believing hard enough!"

Work a little bit harder on improving your low self-esteem, you stupid freak.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 08:38 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Yeah, that's a fantasy. And you have the convenient excuse of "You're not believing hard enough!"
Up to you.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 10:31 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 10:35 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Worst part ? It's important to have proper perspectives.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:22 AM
Permanently Banned

Been balding since 16.

Was intensely depressed for like 5 years. Still miffed about it but feel a lot better.

I'm a Norwood 4a. Started buzzing my head about 2 years ago.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:08 AM
Barbells and kittens

My hair started thinning in my late 20's. I took it really hard at first, too. Before that I used to either keep my hair long or shorter and heavily styled. Now I just keep it buzzed. It's literally made zero difference in my life, so I don't even care much anymore. On the bright side it saves money on haircuts and hair products.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:21 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
My hair started thinning in my late 20's. I took it really hard at first, too. Before that I used to either keep my hair long or shorter and heavily styled. Now I just keep it buzzed. It's literally made zero difference in my life, so I don't even care much anymore. On the bright side it saves money on haircuts and hair products.
Posted via Mobile Device
Norwood?
Posted via Mobile Device
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:31 AM
MAGA

Occasional minoxidil spraying on top of my head seems to have saved my hair over the years, although in general it's probably thinner now, but what's there still grows fast. Or I'm just lucky to don't have discernible bare spots yet.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
Norwood?
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not really familiar with that, only that it's a scale of baldness. Just receding and thinning in the front. Too much so to try to do anything but buzz it now.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:15 AM
Tired

Language: English
Been slowly receeding for years. Interestingly only really noticed it a bit of a way in. I sorta used to massively care, but these days give much less of a ****. I am heavily reliant on my hair for being ok looking, though, I think.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:32 PM
Permanently Banned

SHOW ME YOUR NORWOODS! BALD NORWOODS! SHAVED NORWOODS!

Also my bad, i'm between 3a and 4a. i'll be 4a in 3 years prolly.

PS. there seem to be diff variations on the scale, but i use this one (which i just assume is the original because of the image quality lol)
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:43 PM
Breaking the Cycle

I feel you brother. But the thing I regret most is not so much losing the hair, which was just an unavoidable fact of life, but caring so much about it.

I started balding at the age of 18 already, without really knowing it anyway. I lost some hair around the temples but not that much. I felt like it was just my natural hairline. When I was about 21-22, it really hit me hard. I lost a lot of hair in quite a short period. It was so thin. My brother was already quite bald so I just knew the same faith laid ahead of me. I was worried sick about it. I was often ashamed to go out, wore a hat often. At a certain point I decided to just take a buzzcutt. Now I am almost 29. I shave my head regularly at <1 mm. Nowadays I feel quite comfortable having a bald head. Being bald is actually better than balding (even though technically I am still in the balding phase).

The reason for this is that now people will perceive me as just a guy with bald head. But at least it looks well groomed. My grown out hair actually made me way more insecure than my bald head does now. Besides the fact that it looked silly, I was always worried sick that when I stood under a light, people would see how damn thin my hair actually was, so I became afraid of that. I was always scared that someone would say something about my thinning hair. Even if they didn't, I sometimes felt that people were staring at it. Now that I am just bald, people will sometimes say something about it. I don't really care anymore. I am not trying to hide it nowadays. In that sense, shaving my head really helped me with my the process of acceptance.

I think there are some lessons here that I might apply to my personal mental health situation. I wish there was something like a razor to deal with the fragile state of my personality.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:25 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I just had a look at the norwood thing & I think I might be somewhere between stage 1 & 2 but It's been like that forever, I've never had a straight hairline : /

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:15 PM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
SHOW ME YOUR NORWOODS! BALD NORWOODS! SHAVED NORWOODS!

Also my bad, i'm between 3a and 4a. i'll be 4a in 3 years prolly.

PS. there seem to be diff variations on the scale, but i use this one (which i just assume is the original because of the image quality lol)
I guess I'm close to 3A, I don't have the bald spot on the back of my head yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:19 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
I guess I'm close to 3A, I don't have the bald spot on the back of my head yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
K!
Posted via Mobile Device
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:00 AM
SAS Member

Losing your hair in your 20ís really sucks there is no two ways about it. It makes you feel like premature aging among your peers. By the time you are in your 30ís especially mid 30ís STFU you are supposed to be a man now. Cut it short and work on your fitness and muscle mass.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:37 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zork20001 View Post
. By the time you are in your 30ís especially mid 30ís STFU you are supposed to be a man now. Cut it short and work on your fitness and muscle mass.
But I'm not a man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page