43m New motorcyclist and I can't find the enjoyment of it. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

43m New motorcyclist and I can't find the enjoyment of it.

I decided at the age of 42 to get my driver's license and I finally did it but knew driving a car and owning one wasn't for me. I decided to go with a motorcycle and went through with the classes. This June I went and treated myself to a new motorcycle and had the excitement and nervousness that comes with it. I have rode the bike a few times and did enjoy it but most days I just sit and think about all eyes on me once I leave my place and head towards my bike. All eyes on me when I put my helmet and stuff on me and all the neighbors are looking at me. When the bike starts up I feel like everyone in the neighborhood is again all looking out their windows at me. I know they really are not looking but it just feels like they are. The other problem is I am not a social person and the couple people who are in my life do not engage with me that it makes it hard to get into wanting to motorcycle with no one to talk to about it and even ride with. I know I would get out and ride if I had a riding buddy to go with but that is hard to find with social anxiety. I am not quick to want to meet up with a person and I like to take my time before feeling comfortable to spend time with that person. Pushing myself to ride my motorcycle is something I do everyday and I plan on doing it everyday. Just felt like finally putting it out there for someone to read and getting it off my chest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 01:35 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
People make the most random first posts sometimes, then disappear forever 🤔

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 04:19 PM
Yoink

Ride to live, Live to ride

Too crazy to motorcycle around here nowadays

But I used to have fun riding my dual purpose motorcycle to closed beaches at midnight

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 02:47 PM
I am Jack's cold sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbersixty View Post
I decided at the age of 42 to get my driver's license and I finally did it but knew driving a car and owning one wasn't for me. I decided to go with a motorcycle and went through with the classes. This June I went and treated myself to a new motorcycle and had the excitement and nervousness that comes with it. I have rode the bike a few times and did enjoy it but most days I just sit and think about all eyes on me once I leave my place and head towards my bike. All eyes on me when I put my helmet and stuff on me and all the neighbors are looking at me. When the bike starts up I feel like everyone in the neighborhood is again all looking out their windows at me. I know they really are not looking but it just feels like they are. The other problem is I am not a social person and the couple people who are in my life do not engage with me that it makes it hard to get into wanting to motorcycle with no one to talk to about it and even ride with. I know I would get out and ride if I had a riding buddy to go with but that is hard to find with social anxiety. I am not quick to want to meet up with a person and I like to take my time before feeling comfortable to spend time with that person. Pushing myself to ride my motorcycle is something I do everyday and I plan on doing it everyday. Just felt like finally putting it out there for someone to read and getting it off my chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
People make the most random first posts sometimes, then disappear forever 🤔

Oh bobbersixty, we hardly knew ye...

I've been out haunting the neighborhood
And everybody can see I'm no good
When I'm walking out between parked cars
With my head full of stars
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2020, 12:15 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Join a motorcycle club or gang.

I dont think people are staring at you it the cycle they are checking out. So no worries

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page