Random Thought of The Day: SCHOOL EDITION - Page 20 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #381 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:22 PM
SAS Member

Man, nobody goes to school in the summer.

I have this really checked out teacher. She was late every lecture but one this semester, always wanted to leave early, pretty well demanded we skip the last week of lectures, etc. It is good in some ways though. I was swamped with other work and handed this assignment in unfinished. Even though I only did 70% of the questions and I'm sure a few might've been wrong, I still got 100%. Score.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:10 AM
SAS Member

My teacher's slides are really lacking in some areas, so I have been forced to the internet to research. What do you know, not only are they inadequate, they are downright inaccurate in several areas. She is quite consistent though, so I have to learn the incorrect definitions if I want to pass this exam.
post #383 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 02:17 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Machu Picchu.

post #384 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 03:59 PM
SAS Member

I go to register for next year, and it won't let me. I call and it turns out I did not pay my tuition deposit. I had just kind of figured it would be a one time thing, now that I've paid for four semesters already without nary a mention of any deposits again. Nope, it's every year before fall/winter registration, and no notification was sent out for idiots like myself. Now I have to come up with $300 and stand to risk losing out on good course selections over the wait to get everything sorted.

Money grubbing sons of *****es.
post #385 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 02:06 PM
SAS Member

My gpa is pretty questionable. 2.87 on a 4.33 scale. Comes out to a 71% average (I think though the math doesn't quite add up), or a B-. It could have been so much higher. I pissed around a great deal. Really poor study habits, always leaving things till the last minute, skipping class too much, missing several assignments and tests. I'm not sure it matters that much to my future employment, but it kind of irks me. I want to jack it up, more as a test of my working abilities and to prove myself really. I've got 1/3 of this program done, should be able to do something before the end.
post #386 of 391 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:20 AM
SAS Member

Go to hand in my assignment an hour before the deadline and there's a little note on the page: "Oh yeah, I think we discussed Dijkstra's algorithm enough, so I'm changing the one question, use this other algorithm that we didn't even touch on." Note this wasn't there two days ago when I downloaded the criteria to start the assignment. So I had to scramble to teach it to myself and implement it in the time remaining. Got it done, but I'm not sure if I was right. The thing that really messed with me was it was unnecessary to use the algorithm in that context, pointless even. Been boned a couple times this year from teachers changing criteria at the last minute.
post #387 of 391 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 12:53 PM
SAS Member

Thinking about leaving my teacher a bad review on ratemyprofessors. However, due to the makeup of the class and the nature of my complaints, I'm sure she will know it was me. I don't really want to offend her, as she was quite nice and allowed me a break once when she shouldn't have. However, being nice didn't make her a good teacher.
post #388 of 391 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:42 AM
SAS Member

Don't y'all ma****as have school starting up? I actually get excited about it now that I'm old. I suppose I have matured in some ways.

I had a real good teacher last semester, and one that was quite terrible. I get an email yesterday, and what do you know:the good teacher backs out of this course I have with her this semester, only to be replaced by the terrible one. I just can't win.

Also, damn, I did the logistics. I am going to have to start getting up at 6AM to get to school on time or I'm going to have to put down $250 on a parking pass each semester, in addition to the gas. I'm dreading winter.
post #389 of 391 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 04:18 PM
SAS Member

Language: I have a one tongue and that is not English
My Mood: Cheeky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
Don't y'all ma****as have school starting up? I actually get excited about it now that I'm old. I suppose I have matured in some ways.

I had a real good teacher last semester, and one that was quite terrible. I get an email yesterday, and what do you know:the good teacher backs out of this course I have with her this semester, only to be replaced by the terrible one. I just can't win.

Also, damn, I did the logistics. I am going to have to start getting up at 6AM to get to school on time or I'm going to have to put down $250 on a parking pass each semester, in addition to the gas. I'm dreading winter.
Yes we have. I feel trapped because they made some changes into everything. I feel my privacy is gone and I cannot handle this situation . I need my privacy, I cannot go on like this. Honestly I have very deep thoughts about this. I don't know if new computer helps, I don't know how to handle this when students are forced to share every work with others. I feel I want to run away from school and hide and never ever go out again!
I already felt so good and secure and thought I can graduate and now I am falling back to my former nightmare. I hate this time with all connecting, sharing etc. .

No, I don't speak English and that is a secret of my happiness!
post #390 of 391 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:59 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
Amazon opened a warehouse in a nearby suburb and has been sending postcards to our city households soliciting job applications. According to it, there's a free shuttle from a train station that will drive you to location and they pay $16/hour.

I feel like their reputation as abusive employers reeeally precedes them...
post #391 of 391 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:55 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Was thinking about doing a year of school for sterile tech but don't want to take out more loans....

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page