Picking a Major and Motivation :( - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
secretseven

Language: English
My Mood: Bored

Picking a Major and Motivation :(

I've recently learned that I will be able to graduate early if I want to. I'm currently a junior in high school and doing a program that allows me to attend a community college early to receive my associates degree. This program has brought up a lot of unwanted anxieties about picking the right location and the right major. I have been going around saying I'll do environmental studies or marine science things but I don't think that's what I actually want to do. I've been feeling really caught up about it and it's keeping me up at night. I've fallen behind on this weeks assignments but I had been doing really good with motivation this quarter. It is really messing with my head to go from top to bottom like that. I would love if you guys have any advice on how to self-motivate and push through this next few quarters. How did you guys decide on what to pursue while also dealing with the stress of growing up? Any advice/messages welcome!

SecretSeven <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:48 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret7 View Post
I've recently learned that I will be able to graduate early if I want to. I'm currently a junior in high school and doing a program that allows me to attend a community college early to receive my associates degree. This program has brought up a lot of unwanted anxieties about picking the right location and the right major. I have been going around saying I'll do environmental studies or marine science things but I don't think that's what I actually want to do. I've been feeling really caught up about it and it's keeping me up at night. I've fallen behind on this weeks assignments but I had been doing really good with motivation this quarter. It is really messing with my head to go from top to bottom like that. I would love if you guys have any advice on how to self-motivate and push through this next few quarters. How did you guys decide on what to pursue while also dealing with the stress of growing up? Any advice/messages welcome!
Graduate as early as you can if it is a possibility. I graduated from college early and did college in high school courses, and it was one of the better decisions I made. It's really nice to not have finances cause even more anxiety if need be. I'm a job recruiter though, so let me give you a little secret: your major in an associate degree won't make a difference, as long as it isn't say, a straight art degree. Anything in the social or hard sciences will translate into a job, since your education will be general enough to fill a variety of positions. Seriously. Most human resource or school administrators just want to see that you had a degree and could maintain adequate grades. Just spend your time taking as much a variety as possible to learn what you really like and don't like, and figure out how to make money from it. Also, take time to volunteer, it gives you a lot of practical skills and will make your heart happy.

ideasunlimitedonline.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page