Need help with an assignment (involves ocd and panic disorder) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Need help with an assignment (involves ocd and panic disorder)

I have a research class where we have to write a research proposal and I thought of doing mine on the effects of caffeine on OCD symptoms. The thing is I found a lot of articles about the effect of caffeine on panic disorder and I think panic disorder and OCD do sometimes occur together as do other anxiety disorders. I need to find statistics (from a reputable source) about comorbidity of OCD with other anxiety disorders and especially panic disorder. Also, caffeine seems to have a negative impact on panic disorder so I thought it would have the same impact on OCD (worsen it) but I read an article where they were comparing a drug and caffeine and slightly more people improved from the caffeine so it might have a positive effect in larger doses. Has anyone had experience with this or does anyone here suffer from OCD and/or panic disorder? Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
SAS Member

I've had OCD since I was tiny, but not Panic Disorder. I do drink a LOT of caffeine (I'm drinking Coke right now ), but I've never noticed its effect on my OCD. As far as I can tell, it doesn't have any, but I may just not be paying attention.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page