How many questions can you answer in this question paper? TRANSFORMS&PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

How many questions can you answer in this question paper? TRANSFORMS&PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL

I can't complete my Engineering course since I failed in 2 subjects. Below is one of them (MA2211 - TRANSFORMS AND PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS). How many questions can you answer in it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 10:56 AM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
I can't even read any of that without wanting to scream and hurl my tablet at the wall.

And stomp on it a few times.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
I can't even read any of that without wanting to scream and hurl my tablet at the wall.

And stomp on it a few times.
My Engineering Course is 3 years (its actually 4 years but I joined 2nd year directly since people who completed a diploma course are allowed to).

There will be 2-semester exams per year. Each semester has like 5 Subjects. So, 10 subjects/exams per year.

If a student fails any of the subjects then he/she has to rewrite it along with the exams on the newer subjects in the following semester.

My 3-year course ended in 2016. I had failed in like 22 subjects on the course end.

But even the students who finished their 3-year course (but failed) can still appear and write exams for their failed subjects for every 6 months for the next 3 years.

I was attending the exam until 2019. Got passed in those 20 subjects. But can't pass in 2 of them. So much frustration.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 11:44 AM
Temporarily Banned

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I can't answer any of those questions.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 05:50 PM
Failure's Art

Oh I could answer all of them alright. Just not correctly.

Everybody knows you only live a day but it's brilliant anyway
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 06:56 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
It depends on how I am allowed to answer them.

If I am allowed to answer them with this post, then I can answer all of them right now.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 06:07 PM
anxiolytic

Language: 'Merican
Differential equations is definitely used as one of the filters in engineering courses. It pretty quickly sifts people who never really grasped the basics of calculus and algebra.

That said, Fourier transforms aren't terribly difficult. In fact, by the time you get Fourier transforms you're happy to see something that's going to make your life easier. Just make sure you understand algebra and calculus. To be fair if you're American we're notoriously bad at teaching math, and our math literacy is well below what's considered to be proficient. We also have a culture where not knowing basic math skills like algebra is acceptable and just means "ur not one dem nerds".
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiro View Post
Differential equations is definitely used as one of the filters in engineering courses. It pretty quickly sifts people who never really grasped the basics of calculus and algebra.

That said, Fourier transforms aren't terribly difficult. In fact, by the time you get Fourier transforms you're happy to see something that's going to make your life easier. Just make sure you understand algebra and calculus. To be fair if you're American we're notoriously bad at teaching math, and our math literacy is well below what's considered to be proficient. We also have a culture where not knowing basic math skills like algebra is acceptable and just means "ur not one dem nerds".
Yeah, it is one of the hard subjects in the course. But its not that hard for the people who loves maths.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 11:47 AM
anxiolytic

Language: 'Merican
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manooffewwords View Post
Yeah, it is one of the hard subjects in the course. But its not that hard for the people who loves maths.
The real "math people" are the people who choose math as their major. To everyone else it's just a tool.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page