World Social Anxiety Day February 1st 2020 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

World Social Anxiety Day February 1st 2020

I've created the event on Facebook.I would kindly ask you to spread the word to gain awareness. It's true that it does already exist a day about mental health but it's not specific as this one. If you would like to join this event, and inviting other people who suffer from social anxiety disorder to "participate", I would be really glad. Thank you very much. I'll spread the word in the italian forum and in the french one. If I have written in the wrong section I'm sorry.

This is the link of the event that I've just created.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1435973496526980/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 06:34 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I don't think people like this want attention.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 06:38 PM
Permanently Banned

do I get the day off ? <had to edit> for some reason I’m starting to get all anxious about this upcoming social anxiety day ... didn’t we just have Christmas for God sakes ... I’m gonna be thinking about this for weeks ...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I perfectly understand your points, in particular for privacy concerns.

If you want you can send an email to the main newspapers, magazines, press in general and in general, the media as you prefer. I'm sorry for my not perfect english, but i'm not a native speaker as you guess.

This is the text you can use

"
Dear Sirs,
I would like to bring to your attention that the World Social Anxiety Day will be held on February 1 2020. Here is the link of the Facebook event to spread awareness on this topic.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1435973496526980/

As Wikipedia says, Social anxiety disorder is an anxiety disorder characterized by a significant amount of fear in one or more social situations, causing considerable distress and impaired ability to function in at least some parts of daily life.
No need to say, that’s quite debilitating for personal and professional life of people.

Looking forward for your kind response
"

If you have privacy issues, you can use a nickname, otherwise your real name, as you prefer. If you use a nickname, explain that privacy is a issue for you because you suffer with social anxiety disorder.
Thank you very much to all of you people.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 09:22 AM
Permanently Banned

After sleeping on this idea overnight and all kidding aside ... you know it might be a very good thing to bring awareness to as many people as possible concerning Social Anxiety. It’s been my experience that when I try explaining SA to people, they truly don’t get it ... they can’t comprehend just how debilitating it can be living with this illness. Perhaps with a lot of attention and awareness focused on SA ... more research will be done and possibly major relief can be found. I’ll remain positive and optimistic.
I did however cancel my Facebook page a while back so, is there any other places online where you’re thinking of advertising this ?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Who agrees with this initiative can send an email to the american psychological association. I found this website https://www.apa.org/convention/contact We could write to the director Ms Won at this address: [email protected]

with this text
"
Dear Ms Won,
with this email, we require the institution of World Social Anxiety Day on February 1st 2020.
We hope you could support our battle to gain more awareness on this topic and agree to the institution of this day.
Social Anxiety has ruined the professional and personal lives of so many people, so it would be awesome to spread awareness about it.
Iím a person who suffers with social anxiety and so I have privacy concerns, thatís why Iím using an anonymous address. I know youíll understand. The Facebook event we created is at this link https://www.facebook.com/events/1435973496526980/
I really thank you for your time.
"
signed by your nickname if you want privacy or

with this text instead
"
Dear Ms Won,
with this email, we require the institution of World Social Anxiety Day on February 1st 2020.
We hope you could support our battle to gain more awareness on this topic and agree to the institution of this day.
Social Anxiety has ruined the professional and personal lives of so many people, so it would be awesome to spread awareness about it.
The Facebook event we created is at this link https://www.facebook.com/events/1435973496526980/
I really thank you for your time.
"
signed with your real name if you don't have privacy issues.
As object of this email we could write World Social Anxiety Day February 1st 2020

Thank you very much if you want to participate.

I'm sorry if I wrote too much or if I can't write 2 subsequent posts (I'm not sure about the rules).
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Could you please share this video on all your social networks?
It's about World Social Anxiety Day. It's in Italian and subtitled in English. It will be translated in French too tomorrow or in 2 days.
Could you please tell me if you see english subtitles automatically or they appear automatically in italian? Thank you

The news is for the first time online in Italy at this link https://dedalomultimedia.it/notizie/...raio-2020.html

I don't see much of interest here. If this thread is not appreciated, I'm sorry. I struggled so hard to obtain this article and i kept on writing press releases in so many parts of the world, but since we are anonymous (being social phobics) it's so difficult.

Thank you, folks!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

​Our request for a Social Anxiety Day (I'm talking now at national level and no more at a world level) has been taken into consideration by a group of Italian psychologists and it will be discussed in an italian congress of psychologists on April 24, 2020 in Caserta (Italy) named "Anxiety and social withdrawal". https://www.arspsico.it/events/ansia...​​

The event that should take place in Turin on February 1, has been canceled. Talking to the psychologist that should have talked at the event (that we decide to cancel) we realized that it's better to do things slowly and well.

You can remove this thread. Thank you, folks.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 03:58 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
I don't think people like this want attention.
Thank you!

I can't believe anyone would think this is a good idea.

/WYSD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page