Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Did you ever feel anxious and lonely in this Covid19 outbreak?

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  ash_fitness365 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

How is everyone? I dont know if I could share this here - I just wanted to breath a little. :crying:

I hope all is going well with you guys. I, myself don't feel good, I begin to ruminate things when this Covid19 started, especially during lockdown. I have this feeling that it is unsafe to go out, thinking what if the person I meet is infected, what if the places I go is contaminated. I also feel it is unsafe to have the vaccine even it is approved and rolled-out to the public. I am really worried of what will happen tomorrow. How can we survive all of these things?

I do smile and laugh,...but deep inside I have this anxiety if we ever gonna be real safe... :(

Did you also feel the same way?

#2 ·
Anxious? I've felt anxious my whole life. I haven't felt truly lonely since before I had the internet in the 90s. It's hard for me to feel lonely with the internet.

When I felt lonely was sitting in a small bedroom lit by a single bare lightbulb in the 80s with one TV channel and one or two good radio stations and pretty much nothing else.

#3 ·
I think a lot of the fears you mentioned are pretty common these days; I've talked to a lot of people who have told me they're afraid of the exact same things. These truly are uncertain times we're living in for sure, and I think those of us who struggle with anxiety are feeling it more than anyone.
Funnily enough, I don't worry about COVID itself as much as I worry about the impact it's having on the world, like society shutting down. I'm pretty young and healthy, so I don't feel like I need to worry about getting sick. But I do know that my social anxiety tends to get worse when I withdraw from society and stop interacting with people, and COVID is sort of forcing me to do that right now whether I want to or not. I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation, but I'm very interested in seeing how I fare once society starts opening back up again.

#4 ·
My anxiety levels did rise in March and April but then it all kind of became routine and I returned to baseline. I didn't really feel lonely though because I rarely feel lonely even if I don't see or talk to another person for weeks.

I would say just don't think about it. Just look at it as one more ****ty thing in our world you have to deal with it. Take basic precautions, get vaccinated, but otherwise don't dwell on it. That's when these things mess with you. When you think about them. Thinking about the situation won't change it. Instead, just be. Recognize you can't fix everything, you can't change the world, all you can do is just be. Just accept it and move on.

#5 ·
Think about it this way:

Are you in a high risk group? Probably not.
So you could get Covid but it won't kill you (virtually 100 % sure it won't). So don't worry too much.

Also, you may have already had it and didn't even notice. You may actually already have anti bodies.

Instead of worrying yourself silly you could do following: Take charge. Don't just avoid risks but also actively work on your immune system.

Here are a few things that make a noticeable (and fast) difference:

Don't smoke
Don't drink (or take drugs of course)
Lose weight (if you are overweight)
Eat well (heathy stuff 3 times a day, every day)
Exercise outdoors (in the park or in the forrest)

Breathing forrest air actually makes a large difference to your resilience.

That's what I do. Even if I catch Covid, I should be resilient. It won't be bad so there is no need to worry too much.

I think I already had it anyways. But that's another story.

#6 ·
Just say this in the DailyMail.co.uk

Surgeon General Jerome Adams says people still need to wear masks and socially distance after they've been vaccinated because it doesn't prevent infection just severe illness

- Surgeon General Jerome Adams appeared on GMA on Monday as the first vaccines were rolled out across the US
- He said that Pfizer vaccine protects people against severe disease but not from getting infected
- It means that after people have been vaccinated, they still need to be careful

Link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...dams-says-people-need-wear-masks-vaccine.html

#7 ·
Not that much more anxious and lonely than I usually am. In a way it is less lonely because everybody is suffering together now. When the world goes back to doing its thing and leaves me behind I'll probably feel lonelier. It is depressing though all the death and deprivation.

#9 ·
Lonely no. Covid or no covid, it has made little difference to my social life and everyday routine for the most part. If covid were to happen several years earlier, then it might have a bigger impact on my social life and I would've felt much more lonely.

Anxious, yes. Anxious just about the uncertainty of a variety of things in the world and how this will possibly affect my own personal livelihood.

I think the biggest thing I miss most is being able to go to the gym. Despite very rarely talking to people there, just seeing people and some familiar faced strangers and being around the presence of people strangely makes a difference to me. It is weird. I have also been wondering had I been living on my own completely and not have any housemates, I wonder how I will be. Since I will literally have near zero person to person interactions this way.

#11 ·
Thank you all for sharing your own experience during this pandemic, I feel better now.

I just felt alone fighting this situation, and your thoughts have helped me convince myself otherwise and that everyone is doing their best to cope up and to survive.

A friend suggested that I should listen to delta waves on youtube to calm my mind, so far, it's doing well to keep me at peace when I listen.
@Lisa thank you for sharing those heart-warming advice. I really appreciate it.

#13 ·
Covid-19 is scary, but I'm not that anxious over it, nor does it make me feel lonely. I rarely leave the house, and I've been dealing with loneliness way before covid-19 started. When I leave the house, I always wear a mask and rarely interact with anyone if I can help it.

I'm more worried about my mother. She's a social butterfly and going out to parties and gatherings with friends despite the pandemic. She says she needs to live her life and be social, but she's in her 50s, and her health isn't the best.

#15 ·
Covid-19 is scary, but I'm not that anxious over it, nor does it make me feel lonely. I rarely leave the house, and I've been dealing with loneliness way before covid-19 started. When I leave the house, I always wear a mask and rarely interact with anyone if I can help it.

I'm more worried about my mother. She's a social butterfly and going out to parties and gatherings with friends despite the pandemic. She says she needs to live her life and be social, but she's in her 50s, and her health isn't the best.
What activities do you do so as not to get lonely and bored?

Tell your mom to be extra careful. Covid is not a joke.

I used to feel lonely and need the company of others. With time, I like to be home and mindful. Just focused on my things and looking to stay grounded and not get caught in any Covid related anxiety, whether it is coming from the radio, TV or internet. Leaving Fakebook was a great start. It feels less lonely to stay away from fake people out there.
Thanks for the advice mate. Yes I am slowly leaving social media apps and focusing more into something productive and less anxious activities.

I agree with your last statement - It feels less lonely to stay away from fake people out there.
:boogie

#14 ·
I used to feel lonely and need the company of others. With time, I like to be home and mindful. Just focused on my things and looking to stay grounded and not get caught in any Covid related anxiety, whether it is coming from the radio, TV or internet. Leaving Fakebook was a great start. It feels less lonely to stay away from fake people out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.