Would you date a religious person? - Page 5 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #81 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 04:07 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Yes, I like people with a good imagination.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 04:16 PM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I roleplay as Satan a lot/make jokes about Satan/generally have a lot of respect for Satan.
If you believe in Satan, does that mean you believe in God ? Cause Satan was made by God.

A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
- Macbeth
post #83 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 04:54 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
If you believe in Satan, does that mean you believe in God ? Cause Satan was made by God.
I don't believe in Satan I just like him as a character.

https://gnosticwarrior.com/sophia.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia...Gnostic_mythos

Quote:
Almost all Gnostic systems of the Syrian or Egyptian type taught that the universe began with an original, unknowable God, referred to as the Parent or Bythos, or as the Monad by Monoimus. From this initial unitary beginning, the One spontaneously emanated further Aeons, being pairs of progressively 'lesser' beings in sequence. Together with the source from which they emanate they form the Pleroma, or fullness, of God, and thus should not be seen as distinct from the divine, but symbolic abstractions of the divine nature. The transition from the immaterial to the material, from the noumenal to the sensible, is brought about by a flaw, or a passion, or a sin, in one of the Aeons.

In most versions of the Gnostic mythos, it is Sophia who brings about this instability in the Pleroma, in turn bringing about the creation of materiality. According to some Gnostic texts, the crisis occurs as a result of Sophia trying to emanate without her syzygy or, in another tradition, because she tries to breach the barrier between herself and the unknowable Bythos. After cataclysmically falling from the Pleroma, Sophia's fear and anguish of losing her life (just as she lost the light of the One) causes confusion and longing to return to it. Because of these longings, matter (Greek: hylē, ὕλη) and soul (Greek: psychē, ψυχή) accidentally come into existence. The creation of the Demiurge (also known as Yaldabaoth, "Daughter of Chaos") is also a mistake made during this exile. The Demiurge proceeds to create the physical world in which we live, ignorant of Sophia, who nevertheless manages to infuse some spiritual spark or pneuma into his creation.

In the Pistis Sophia, Christ is sent from the Godhead in order to bring Sophia back into the fullness (Pleroma). Christ enables her to again see the light, bringing her knowledge of the spirit (Greek: pneuma, πνευμα). Christ is then sent to earth in the form of the man Jesus to give men the Gnosis needed to rescue themselves from the physical world and return to the spiritual world. In Gnosticism, the Gospel story of Jesus is itself allegorical: it is the Outer Mystery, used as an introduction to Gnosis, rather than it being literally true in a historical context. For the Gnostics, the drama of the redemption of the Sophia through Christ or the Logos is the central drama of the universe. The Sophia resides in all of us as the Divine Spark.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism

post #84 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 05:05 PM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I don't believe in Satan I just like him as a character.
Figured afterwards when I re-read the last part, I'm tired etc, I was liking the YouTube video I only watched 10 minutes though cause I have to sleep, get up early, but I'm gonna try to watch it all when I have time.

- Macbeth
post #85 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I don't think Satan would be wearing a very good disguise if he tried to conceal himself as a snake. I mean, who the hell would trust a snake?

/WYSD
post #86 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 05:20 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Figured afterwards when I re-read the last part, I'm tired etc, I was liking the YouTube video I only watched 10 minutes though cause I have to sleep, get up early, but I'm gonna try to watch it all when I have time.
Which video? One I posted? Was one 10 minutes long? I thought they were shorter. Oh well good night.

edit: Oh right the one I linked in the other post forgot I did that. Yeah it was timestamped, the rest is irrelevant although it's pretty funny standup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I don't think Satan would be wearing a very good disguise if he tried to conceal himself as a snake. I mean, who the hell would trust a snake?
That wasn't Satan it was Crawley Crowley

https://youtu.be/n4XHKJLvwCY?t=2m3s
post #87 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 06:16 PM
Tired

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
I would only date Catholics (if it ever happens). Everything else is out of question. It isn't much of a problem because where I live nearly everybody is Catholic.
Oh, sorry mate, forgot to reply to your pm.. glad everything got back to normal, is everything still fine?

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #88 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 02:12 PM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Oh, sorry mate, forgot to reply to your pm.. glad everything got back to normal, is everything still fine?
Yes, I kept a decent amount of what I gained. Strenght is a little down. But I think I recovered well from the cycle.

Still, it is very difficult to work out after a cycle. It feels different. And you are somehow "depressed" of how slow you progress compared to "on cycle". Just imagine the time it takes you to gain 17 pounds without gear when you no longer are a novice to bodybuilding...

And you will never have that "ripped" look and vascularity.

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #89 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 03:57 PM
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
Yes, I kept a decent amount of what I gained. Strenght is a little down. But I think I recovered well from the cycle.

Still, it is very difficult to work out after a cycle. It feels different. And you are somehow "depressed" of how slow you progress compared to "on cycle". Just imagine the time it takes you to gain 17 pounds without gear when you no longer are a novice to bodybuilding...

And you will never have that "ripped" look and vascularity.
I imagine that's the hardest part.. going back to normal mode.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #90 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 04:26 PM
Ad astra per aspera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWater View Post
Nope, not at this point in my life.
Still a no. More a hard no at this point. Likely due to the kind of religious pple I've been exposed to*, but I've never met one where deity wasn't a huge part of their life, church going wasn't a large part, trying to convert or guilt you wasn't a huge part, being snidely condescending for "knowing the truth" and pitying others for not knowing wasn't a large part. I consider many new age pple religious as well. They're somehow all teachers who know the truthTM and, whoo boy, condescending doesn't begin to describe it. We pooooor pple who just don't know how it all really works. "Enlightenment" surely doesn't bring humility lol.

But that's what I consider religious. There are some pple who believe in a deity, who are very areligious, rarely go to church and would never dream of pushing their beliefs on another, very progressive. I still wouldn't date them until I was certain I wasn't having kids though, because pple do tend to become more vocal abt religion when it comes to child rearing (and mortality.)

*Worth noting quite a bit of my upbringing was in the bible belt. I'd likely have a different opinion if I didn't equate religious pple with condescending, *******, holier than thou, hypocritical zealots.

Miles to go before I sleep. Vale.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #91 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 06:30 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
It depends on what kind of mood I'm in when you ask me.

/WYSD
post #92 of 93 (permalink) Old Today, 06:43 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Yes & I would corrupt her making her realise there is no God; that we evolved by fish in the ocean

lol

While you SCREAM at your woman, there's a man, wishing he could talk softly in her ear...

While you HUMILIATE, OFFEND, & INSULT her,
there's a man flirting with her, & reminding her, how wonderful she is.

While you HURT your woman,
there's a man wishing he could show her love

While you make your woman CRY,
there's a man stealing smiles from her.
post #93 of 93 (permalink) Old Today, 08:08 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Wink

meeting recruiter or interviewer

are you religious?

let me have a job

hope that sinks in properly.

want to live?

say no or You Can't to me, u lose your life now.

we only get judgment til after we all depart. no upfront results.

they hide it all away. sinister. they giggle in shadows.

i want force it. so easy. tell me NOW! √/x ? turntables. let me do. u win too. never leaving the room or letting go of handshake until i get an answer. everything's always negative. they deserve death, by wishing that on me, they all had. control twist. not happened yet. should have. No I/V since 2014. they don't allow, cos they suspect of me intending harm? only if they done it all to me. time's up. their turn, or mine?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page