Therapy Group: Quezon City Growth and Recovery Enhancement for Anxious Thinkers (GREAT) - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

User Tag List

post #21 of 365 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 12:41 PM
SA Survivor

Smile

Happy Sunday everyone!

"What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like." ~ Saint Augustine

be the light that creates a beautiful rainbow in a tearful sky...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 365 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 05:46 PM
SA Survivor

Thumbs up

Great!

Had a great long day with our 3rd group session, got so sleepy while still on the bus (had 2 hour-sleep the night before because of too much excitement!), I had fallen asleep while charging my fon after I got home. Just woke up and excitedly open the GREAT group page to view your comments (and the pictures of course!). Surprised no one has posted a comment yet. Hmm... it seems you are waiting for the "mother hen" to sign in and make her call...

I will be acknowledging everybody's participation in the order of appearance (parang sine ano?)...

Ynoga Man-- thank you for the one-on-one sharings with me during our travel to and from the session. Looking forward to more sharings with the group... and our individual session with Doc Randy next week.

Will Tan-- you have greatly improved! i'm happy to see you less anxious and look happier. i could even see you have a great sense of humor by the way you share your stories. the near-drowned experience really amuses me.

Clockwork Orange-- thank you for joining the 3rd session all the way from the Visayas region. you already have a booking for a photography session with the group (joke!). as to your request last night, i am extending now your thanks to the group for approving your suggestion to make the session weekly so you could maximize your stay in Manila.

Bare Foot and Maya Makahiya-- thank you for joining us and sharing your stories with us. I know it was a bold move on your part to come out and be with a group of people but you made it and I agree with you when you said it's about time to make some changes. I am proud by the way you overcome your anxieties and shared your thoughts and feelings. I hope you could feel how much we appreciate your presence in the group.

Christina Elise Lee-- you always amaze me with your courage to face your fears head-on. volunteering to do the first sharing requires guts and you have it!

Jennifer Hysteria-- true to your word, you did share more about yourself this time. that convinced us that you do have SAD aside from looking great!

Kate Ortega and Tin Ortega-- i am always fascinated by twins and you fascinate me even more with your sharings and talents. I missed the talent portion of Kate yesterday but according to Ynoga Man you sang like Leah Salonga. Wow. That must be great!

Drey Yerd-- it must be the added confidence, but you're looking better (as in handsomer, if there's such a word!) and enjoying more every session. i hope to see the day you would finally dance in joy. challenge!

Coolasa Cool-- now i see for myself how much good the therapy has done to you, as in you're glowing inside and outside! thank you for the sharings and the thought-provoking questions you raised to make a lively discussion.

On behalf of the GREAT'1s, I would like to express our great thanks and appreciation to Doc Randy for such a wonderful welcome you have given to the group. I think everybody felt so welcomed that nobody wanted to go home. I know we have over extended our stay in your clinic (6 hours!) but if only we could camp out till evening, we would. =) Thank you very much Doc Randy from the bottom of our hearts! Looking forward to another great session this Sunday (and the lunch out!).

Last edited by chevlenz; 08-29-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: add pic
post #23 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 09:01 AM
SA Survivor

Thumbs up

Abangan!

GREATmates, TV5's Alagang Kapatid will air a segment on Imbestigadok about agoraphobia either on Sept 10, 6AM or Sept 11, 7AM. They will also feature the GREAT group in this episode. Watch out for this!

post #24 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 PM
SA Survivor

Thumbs up

affirmations

This month I bless everyone in my life, and everyone in my life blesses me. What I put out returns to me multiplied. I pay people compliments. I offer gratitude and appreciation. I lend support and encouragement. Basically, I give all the things I want to receive. ~ Louise L. Hay

post #25 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 06:04 PM
SA Survivor

On mindfulness and meditation...

Freeing Yourself from Depression, Anxiety, Stress and Exhaustion | Psychology Today
www.psychologytoday.com

‎"There is an alternative to the struggle that pervades much of our lives" By Danny Penman, Ph.D., in Mindfulness in a Frantic World

post #26 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 PM
SA Survivor

Red face

When you tell people you have SAD...

Sometimes it's hard for other people to believe or understand us, not because they are less sympathetic, but because they are less informed. So it would help if we educate them first and to do that we need some data or proof to support it. I usually refer my friends and family to this documentary about social anxiety disorder so they would realize it's not just I who have it. Here's the link to the documentary: http://youtu.be/gmEJEfy5f50
Social Anxiety Documentary: Afraid of People
www.youtube.com This is the only documentary I've seen that focuses on SA so i hope it helps people with it. Below are websites that offer help and support for people with SA...See More

post #27 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 11:15 PM
SA Survivor

Cool

hey!

854 views in less than a month? that's GREAT! to our visitors on this page, feel free to post your comments on how the group or this page has helped you, or whatever it is that interests you. you are welcome to share your thoughts here...

Last edited by chevlenz; 09-02-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: additional info
post #28 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 02:10 PM
SA Survivor

Happy Sunday GREATmates!...

See you soon for our 4th group session GREAT'1s!
Wall Photos
When I worry, He provides me with peace,
And a love that will never cease.
When I fear, He shows me there is hope,
And blesses me with a way to cope.

-poem by Ally, age 8. I love being a child of God. How about you? ♥
By: GodVine

post #29 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 01:30 AM
SA Survivor

TRIVIA: Just visited our SAS page...do you know how many number of views? 888. And to think it started on 8/8. well, gr8t!
LikeUnlike UnsubscribeSubscribe Yesterday at 5:44am
Coolasa Cool and Drey Yerd like this.

post #30 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 03:21 PM
SA Survivor

Thoughts to live by

"We are all human beings. Each one of us has the same desire and the same right to be happy. Today's new reality is that we are all deeply interdependent, therefore it is our responsibility to care for each other." ~ Dalai Lama

Last edited by chevlenz; 09-14-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: additional info
post #31 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
SA Survivor

4th GREAT group therapy session

post #32 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
SA Survivor

But of course, di lang naman picture taking ang ginawa natin sa 4th group session, di ba? This thread is devoted for the reactions of all GREAT'1s who were present in the session as well as interactions from GREATmates who were not there. So everybody is enjoined to participate here...

First, let me thank once again, Doc Randy for the great welcome that extended beyond the call of duty, 'ika nga. Beyond being a life coach and facilitator to the group, you made us feel you are our friend. Thank you for having such a big heart and for such generosity you have shown to the group!

Chevlenz Buena Sobrang enjoy ako sa 4th session... nagiging open na talaga ako mag-share about my thoughts, what made me anxious, i.e., na baka ma-late ako, na baka di matuloy ang session, na hindi pa ako nakapunta sa Japanese restaurant, na di ko alam kung ano ang i-oorder, at di ko alam gumamit ng chopsticks...hahaha! ngayon, pwede ko na sya tawanan kasi nakaya kong harapin lahat ng yon, at masaya ako sa nangyari. I feel great!

Chevlenz Buena GREATmates, mag-comment kayo ha? the ball is in your court now...keep it rolling!

Bare Foot I also enjoyed myself at the 4th session though its my second time attending. the tension was less, and its good to listen to the group. Thanks ate helen for organizing this group. =)

Chevlenz Buena You're welcome, Bare Foot...dream come true for me and Will Tan. hindi na tayo mamamatay na "ganito pa rin"... nakita ko rin mas relaxed at happy ka last time. saka magaling ka magsalita ha! i liked your choice of words.

Chevlenz BuenaClockwork Orange-- Share ka naman dito ano ang natutunan mo at ikaw ang "star" sa 4th session...

Clockwork Orange lab rat tawgag don hehe.. dont let your mind think of negative thoughts. smile and make eye contact.

Clockwork Orange Thanks to Doc Randy for treating us to lunch. Next time tayo naman sana ung mag treat sa kanya

Chevlenz Buena Oo nga... kaya lang baka sa jollibee lang natin kayang i-treat si doc. Ang mamahal pala ng pagkain dun sa japanese resto!

Chevlenz Buena I could eat a 35-peso-lunch... yung kinain ko dun 5x over!

Chevlenz Buena Hmm...tatatlo lang ba yung umattend sa 4th session? ano naman yung reaction ng iba aside dun sa comments sa pictures?

Drey Yerd Actually I had fun sa 4th session. From eye contact exercise to yummy Bento nagenjoy tlga ako. hehe. Akalain mong may sense of humor pla si CO and Will. Sa observation ko nung session, mukha nman relax ang lahat. parang wala akong nakitang anxious. hehe.

Drey Yerd One thing. Okay lang makipag eye contact sa lalake basta may sasabihin ka. pagwala, nakakahiya. lol.

Chevlenz Buena Kaya raw mag-invite ng ibang members sa 5th session para masubukang i-increase yung level ng anxiety at sana makakaya pa rin natin...

Drey YerdMedyo comfortable na kasi ako sa inyo eh. cguro, mas okay nga yun.

Chevlenz Buena ako rin. hindi na masyadong kinakabahan kahit me tanong at mag-go around the circle ang sasagot. saka nagiging madaldal na rin ako. haha...

Maya Makahiya
Though I was a nervous wreck on my way to the clinic, I felt more at ease during the session. The hardest part for me that day was getting on public transpo (2 years since my last commute --mabuti na lang at hindi puno ang MRT).

Listening to other members share their thoughts helped me reflect on my own anxieties as well... there's still so much I need to learn/practice but being among individuals who strive to overcome their fears encourages me to do the same.
. . .
Maybe in time I can post comments and address members more casually, but for now suppressing the urge to hit the backspace button is proving to be quite a challenge...

Drey Yerd Thanks for not pressing the backspace button. hehe. now you are one step ahead! just post everything comes in your head. Gradually, you will get used to it.

Chevlenz Buena Thanks, Maya. That's a big leap of faith. Sharing with the group in the session and in here. I also appreciate your ideas relating eye contact with the view finder in photography.

Bare Foot Omedetou!

post #33 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 01:52 AM
SA Survivor

Thumbs up

A thousand and more views

I visited the GREAT-SAS page to check if my wish for 1000 views in a month's time will be granted. Thrilled to see 999 views. Oh my, just a view away!

I waited for a little while before checking again... Uh-oh! I missed the 1000th mark. You know why? Because it's a thousand and more views! Wow, great! =)

Just for the record, here's how far the GREAT page fared in a month's time... just a little rearrangement in numbers, huh?

Last edited by chevlenz; 09-07-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: additional info
post #34 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
SA Survivor

For daily meditation

"Can you imagine how wonderful it would be if you could live your life without ever being criticized by anyone? Wouldn't it be wonderful to feel totally at ease, totally comfortable? You know what? You can give this to yourself." ~ Louise L. Hay

post #35 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 07:15 AM
SAS Member

hi sa lahat, i don't know if i'm suffering from SAD or not but i'm really battling in depression sometimes, sa tingin ko kailangan ko nang komunsulta sa isang espesyalista. can i join in your rd theraphy group?
post #36 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 AM
SAS Member

hi sa lahat, hi chevlenz tanong ko lang kung magkano magpakonsulta kay doc randy at mahal ba yung gamot na nirereseta niya?
post #37 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 11:18 AM
SA Survivor

Hi imnotok! Welcome to the GREAT page and you are also welcome to join us in the GREAT group therapy session today at 12-2pm at doc randy's clinic. We are on the fifth session for the first batch but this is a special session because we are inviting GREAT members who failed to join the first batch to attend this session and have a feel of what it's like to be in a group therapy session.

you can call his secretary to inquire the consultation fee of doc randy; the medicines that he prescribes are relatively cheaper. Mine is just about 40/tab.

post #38 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM
SAS Member

hi chevlenz, thanks for the reply, kung aattend ako sa group therapy today how much will i pay?
post #39 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
SA Survivor

Smile

GREAT Special Edition

See you soon GREATmates for the group therapy session special edition sa bahay ni kuya, este- clinic ni Doc Randy.

Don't run from lessons; they are little packages of treasure that have been given to us. As we learn from them, our lives change for the better. I now rejoice whenever I see another portion of the dark side of myself. I know that it means that I am ready to let go of something that has been hindering my life. I say, "Thank you for showing me this, so I can heal it and move on." - Louise L. Hay

post #40 of 365 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 PM
SAS Member

hi chevlenz, how's ur last session? sayang di ako nakasama late ko na kasi nalaman tong site na to, invite me next time!
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page