Solian (amisulpride) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Community and Website Administrator

Language: Test123
My Mood: Cheerful

Solian (amisulpride)

Amisulpride (sold as Solian, Sulpitac, Amitrex, Soltus or Amazeo) is an atypical antipsychotic used to treat psychosis in schizophrenia and episodes of mania in bipolar disorder. In small doses it is also used to treat depression. For more info see the Wikipedia page linked to below.

Amisulpride is not approved for use in the United States.

More info:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 03:25 AM
SAS Member

amisulpride

Background:
3+ years living with depression, 2+ living with social anxiety disorder. Over the last 6-8 months have noted significant improvements in both, moreso depression. Have cycled through a couple of antidepressants and antipsychotics, zoloft and lexapro, olanzapine, abilify, seroquel (could be more just can't think of at this moment).
Currently taking: 60mg fluoxetine, 45mg mirtazapine and 300mg amisulpride

Started taking 50mg in morning and 50mg at night and noticed some improvements, reduced general anxiety, increased talkativeness, general improvement in mood and motivation. My dose was subsequently increased to 100mg in the morning and 100mg at night as there was still definitely room to improve. Further reduction in anxiety, significant reduction in persecutory anxiety type thoughts, eg. people laughing and thinking they're laughing at me or I guess you could call it paranoia.. My dosage has been further increased to 150mg in the morning 150mg at night. I am not sure whether to attribute excess tiredness to the amisulpride or if another factor is at play here but have been much more tired since increasing the dosage. Still, further reduction in anxiety to the point of relaxation, although this could be a side effect of lethargy.

Currently paranoia is dramatically decreased from the point it was before starting the amisulpride, every time I up the dosage I notice an improve in mood but it generally subsides after a few days. I feel it has worked wonders on my generalised anxiety and social anxiety, though I am still far from completely recovered
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:50 AM
SAS Member

Language: Italian, English
My Mood: Sick
I've been taking Amisulpride (it is sold under both the names Solian and Deniban in my country) for the last few months and it's one of the few medications that have actually, effectively helped with my somatization anxiety. I already felt some benefits on a lower dosage of 50 mg/day but had a better experience when my dosage was increased to 100 mg/day (I actually asked to have it further increased but had to give up on it due to side effects). I've been doing pretty well on 100 mg/day even though I should probably add that I also take long half life benzodiazepines along with it. The only side effect I'm experiencing is that my period disappeared but will I call that a side effect? I would rather call that a positive effect lol

«But the thing that girls know best, is that glitter covers all the ugliness
And they know one thing above all the rest
Sparkle covers evilness
Shimmer covers all the mess
Glitter covers darkness»
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page