post #41 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 PM
New mum to summer rose

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
Poison
Well put

they also cause bad migraines and stomach cramps from hell
add to that the increased constant hunger and dry mouth, weight gain and lethargy you have one of the most overrated danger pills around

AVOID!!!

i was an idiot to go back on them when i did, a desperate one though looking for a good night sleep but it takes longer than the doctors say it does to withdraw from them without being nauseas everday and the weight i gained is going to take a while to drop again

"Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not? "
RFK quoting George Bernard Shaw

Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?-Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
SAS Member

Seroquel is so bad!

I find it so addictive cause it slows my mind down. And i like the way the turn off my brain a little bit too much.

But i have gained so much weight on them, constant hunger, drugging you out so bad that there is no energy.

I have been on these pills for almost 5 years now. And i want to get off of them! But i don't have a physiciotrist and to do so you need one and it has been so hard. Oh and did i mention i devoloped type 2 diabetes from taking these pills too?

I want to sue the doctor who put me on these...
post #43 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 PM
SA INTJ

All it does is put me to sleep. I'm on 50mg.

Worst experience with it happened when I was making myself a snack. While I was preparing the snack I started to get a weird feeling, I can't really explain it. My heart started beating faster and it was as if my sensory perception started to heighten. I walked over to the fridge to get a drink; the next thing I know I'm on the ground staggering. I realized I blacked out for a couple of seconds.

It was kind of scary as I've never blacked out before. I'm not sure if the pills were to blame. It could have had something to do with my long period of inactivity on the couch watching tv.

.................................................. ..............................up.
.................................................. .................climb
Time to practise. It's gonna be a hard

post #44 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseshackles View Post
All it does is put me to sleep. I'm on 50mg.

Worst experience with it happened when I was making myself a snack. While I was preparing the snack I started to get a weird feeling, I can't really explain it. My heart started beating faster and it was as if my sensory perception started to heighten. I walked over to the fridge to get a drink; the next thing I know I'm on the ground staggering. I realized I blacked out for a couple of seconds.

It was kind of scary as I've never blacked out before. I'm not sure if the pills were to blame. It could have had something to do with my long period of inactivity on the couch watching tv.
What you experienced sounds like postural hypotension, be careful of this if on seroquel as it can cause this effect, usually blacking out or dizziness especially when standing up too quickly, this is due to a sudden drop in blood pressure.
post #45 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 12:32 AM
SAS Member

I have been prescribed Seroquel/ quetiapine for social anxiety and to help me sleep.

My review:

A few months ago when I first ingested 25mg before bed I woke up feeling alive for the first time. This lasted a few days, but I think that a lot of it was my mind tricking me to believe that I had more energy and was happier. It was like I was having a manic episode. These effects wore off and I felt like it didn't do anything for me anymore other than being a very good way to fall asleep.

I get very vivid dreams while on this medication. Due to my constant worrying, all of my dreams while on this medication are where I am stressed/ upset or something bad is happening in them. A lot of the time, my fears manifest into my dreams. I feel this negative emotion while sleeping and when I wake up. They are very unpleasant dreams like getting cheated, having my dogs taken away from me or a dream about a zombie apocalypse.

You also feel like you are hungry all of the time. I am 19 and 135 pounds and I can eat tons of food and still be hungry...

Im worried about getting tardive dyskinesia from taking this, but my psychiatrists claims that I will be fine...

--------------------
post #46 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 01:18 AM
SA INTJ

@jim_morrison, thanks for helping me understand exactly what happened.

@Emotion
Wow, you know I've been wondering about all the dreams I've been having. Ever since I've been on Seroquel I've had a dream every night. They truly are vivid, and in my case they are completely random. I've read that dreams usually stem from a recent activity, but these dreams pull up all sorts of life experiences, and a lot of times involve persons I haven't thought about for months or years.

And I can relate when you say they are unpleasant, because the last one I had involved a girl I had a crush on, a situation I obliterated after I expressed my feelings.

It just makes me wonder what's the meaning of dreams. Makes me want to read up on it.

.................................................. ..............................up.
.................................................. .................climb
Time to practise. It's gonna be a hard
post #47 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 01:24 AM
SAS Member

Question

Help

I have been on Seroquel 150mg 4 times a day for a total of 600mg a day. I have gained 17 kilos in just over two months with the pounds piling on everyday. After I take it i am SO HUNGRY. Once i ate myself sick and had to go to the emergency room as the cramps and pains in my stomach were so bad. It wasnt in my head I was STARVING and felt like I hadnt eaten in years.
I went to see my doc about this and he took one look at me and said STOP IT NOW. So for the last 3 days i have come off cold turkey as directed with nothing to replace it.
I feel awful. Sweating then freezing. Sick to my stomach, pins and needles everywhere even my lips! Shaking and feeling like I had 10 straight coffees. I cant sit down and and thank god for my sleeping pill or i would be twitching in my bed all night.
I know this medicine works for some people but for me it just didnt and i reacted badly to it.
Has anyone else had to come off straight away for a reaction from such a high dose.
I was put on this medication for dissociation disorder and extreme anxiety while in hospital. I had a bit of a mental implosion and landed myself in the priory here in the UK for SEVEN Weeks. So I am sure at the time it was the best thing for me.
Can anyone give me any hints or tell me what you did to help the withdraw symptoms? they say they are rare but I can tell you they are awful..

kindest regards
Kris
post #48 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 02:14 AM
SAS Member

OMGoodness poor you that is awful. And you were on 600mgs a day? thats insane? I am 200mgs a day. And i know exactly what mean by the excessive over eating whenever i take them i eat and eat and eat and i know in my body im full but seroquel has been proven to tell the brain that you are always hungry and never full I have gained alot of weight as well. I hate seroquel.

I want off of it so bad. But i can't sleep without it but im thinking of slowly cutting myself off cause im no longer me anymore. How has your mood been going off of them? I hope you feel better soon. Take care, chrissy
post #49 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 PM
SAS Member

Seroquel XR

Hi. I've suffered from Social Anxiety disorder from early youth. I tried a number of drugs and treatment and nothing seemed to work. Then 3 years ago I got diagnosed as being Bipolar Type 2. After trying a number of drugs, my doctor hesitantly put me on lithiuml, because it has to be strictly regulated. It worked great for the manic episodes but did nothing for the depression or anxiety. She tried me on a few drugs but nothing seemed to work until she tried Seroquel XR. My symptoms quickly subsided and along with the depression, my social anxiety also mostly disappeared, my sleep patterns returned to normal...the sleepiness during the day slowly subsided as I adjusted to the drug. My only major problem with the drug was akathisia (relestlessness and twitching of the legs and body - mostly while trying to sleep) which was quickly cured by a low dose of clonazepam. Now I am in another dilemma. The Seroquel caused me to have some weight gain and elevated cholesterol. In a discussion with my doctor we decided to switch the Seroquel to Lamotrigine...big mistake. As we speak I am having massive withdrawal symptoms along with new symptoms from the new drug. Lamotrigine has caused anxiety, depression, fever and chills, vivid nitemares, intolerable insomnia and a host of other symptoms. I am wishing this decision was never made and want to go back to taking Seroquel XR and escape this nitemare. My partner is trying to convince me to stick in out in the hopes that the withdrawal and side-effects will subside. But these two drugs are meant for two different purposes...limotrigine is not meant for treating social anxiety disorder and there are days that I cannot stop crying from the withdrawal and what limotrigine is doing to me. I am trying to reach my doctor as we speak, to hopefully convince her to let me go back on the seroquel and return to the happy life that I once had.
post #50 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 AM
SAS Member

I like seroquel a lot as well. Best thing I've taken for anxiety and no sexual side effects which must be unique in psychopharmaca land
post #51 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 01:16 PM
SAS Member

be careful with this medication. i used to take seriquel at night 200mg. it made me have very vivid uncomfortable dreams, and woke up feeling really lightheaded the next morning and dizzy throughout most of the day. it really lowers your blood presure.. and if you take it for long periods of time you can develop dyskenasia were you have involentary movements. it gave me twitches.. but evantually it can lead to spurratic flailing of the limbs.. so ive heard.
post #52 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
by name and nature ; )

starting at Seroquel

well for my first SAS post...

Well interestingly enough I found myself at a time where I am trialling some Seroquel. My discussion with GP was that of insomnia, general nervousness (after workplace accident) and stress around work, as well as some relationship concerns

On day 4 of trial now, I did not take my usual time late afternoon today, and I only just realised the time! Ah...
Was advised to take within 6-9pm, for relaxed evening and good sleep

last 4 days, been pretty chilled, had a few headaches and toothaches but since i dont often take other meds of any sort its all a bit full on...

take the odd xanex when i want to be a zombie
post #53 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Just for today...

I think I may very well be the only person on the planet who can take Seroquel and Ambien TOGETHER and still wake up 2 hours later. I don't feel a difference with 300 mg of Seroquel at bedtime. Insomnia for sure. My anxiety must be a gazillion times worse than I think it is.
post #54 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseshackles View Post
@jim_morrison, thanks for helping me understand exactly what happened.

@Emotion
Wow, you know I've been wondering about all the dreams I've been having. Ever since I've been on Seroquel I've had a dream every night. They truly are vivid, and in my case they are completely random. I've read that dreams usually stem from a recent activity, but these dreams pull up all sorts of life experiences, and a lot of times involve persons I haven't thought about for months or years.

And I can relate when you say they are unpleasant, because the last one I had involved a girl I had a crush on, a situation I obliterated after I expressed my feelings.

It just makes me wonder what's the meaning of dreams. Makes me want to read up on it.
I don't know if anyone else has said this, but you do have dreams every night (from my psychology 101 class)--you just don't always remember them.

But certain meds can make them more vivid (and make you remember them more)
post #55 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy612 View Post
I think I may very well be the only person on the planet who can take Seroquel and Ambien TOGETHER and still wake up 2 hours later. I don't feel a difference with 300 mg of Seroquel at bedtime. Insomnia for sure. My anxiety must be a gazillion times worse than I think it is.
Oh wow =[ What do you feel like if you purposely stay awake once you take them?
post #56 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Hated by all females

Serequel is the only way I fall asleep at night. Without it I stay awake all night long no matter how sleepy I am (thanks to my backwards circadian rythm). Id love to get off it but just can't. It is bad news though. And I also get the bizarre dreams with people I haven't thought about in 20 years. Plus they just depress me more. Stay off if possible

All glory to the Hypnotoad!
post #57 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 03:42 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisa1536 View Post
Well put

they also cause bad migraines and stomach cramps from hell
add to that the increased constant hunger and dry mouth, weight gain and lethargy you have one of the most overrated danger pills around

AVOID!!!

i was an idiot to go back on them when i did, a desperate one though looking for a good night sleep but it takes longer than the doctors say it does to withdraw from them without being nauseas everday and the weight i gained is going to take a while to drop again
wtf - I've been on Quet for over a year now and don't get migraines and stomach pains. Its kept me very neutral and from a psychologists perspective a resounding success in terms of treating bi polar.

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel. Tear up the book and write your own damn rules. Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got, and the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

Hello again, to all my friends, together we can play some rock 'n' roll

http://xalexisflloydx.deviantart.com/

https://www.facebook.com/chris.lloyd.336717

Sorry for any previous and future madness on this forum. Bi Polar is a ****** sometimes =/
post #58 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 05:06 PM
SAS Member

I'm currently on 250 mg of quetiapine. It did make me feel really sleepy at first but you get use to it.

"The darkness is death - we can speak, but we are not heard. We can scream but they turn their backs. We can run, but we cannot catch them. It is the dream where arms and legs won't work the way they should, and the air is too thick to breathe. Loved ones walk a mile ahead, forgetting to stop as we fall behind. This is the reality of the darkness. We are buried alive inside ourselves."-Dana-Christene Umanetz
post #59 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Battling anxiety wat else

Great if you want to sleep and eat all day and be a Complete Zombie with no emotions.............Just took 450 MG 2 days ago and all i did was sleep all day and ate a bunch of food. Could barely get up and walk for a day..........Would work for someone with mania.....totally levels you out.....weight gain also. I was given this for depression though......
post #60 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 01:20 PM
3rd SAS Battalion

Thumbs up

I have found Serquel to be the only medication that has helped my social anxiety. I began taking 25mg rising to 75mg twice per day over the course of two months.

The problem with Seroquel is that when you first start taking it you will go to sleep very often. However I switched to Seroquel Long Term Release and this ceased to be a problem.

I am now on 500mg Long Term Release, taken at night. Weight gain is an issue but this can be combatted by burning off more calories than you take in. The only other side effect is vivid and strange dreams, but they are rarely nightmarish.

My general paranoia about the outside world is demonstrably less although getting outside is still very difficult. Essentially I was housebound beforehand, but now I can do basic shopping etc. without the aid of benzos.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page