I quit seroquel cold turkey, love coffee hate to eat. hehhahehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 10:14 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angernome30 View Post
I quit seroquel cold turkey, love coffee hate to eat. hehhahehe

Yeah! Am I the only one who gets insanely hungry after I take my Seroquel?!
I just start picking up everything and shoving it into my mouth w/o thought.
It feels like I haven't eaten in days.

However, I can say I don't mind it though....I'm trying to gain about 20 lbs.
post #23 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Shy, but not hopeless

Hi,
I been on 50mg of Seroquel taken about an hour before I want to be asleep. I been on it for about 5 years. I have not needed to increase the dosage for the same effect. I must say it really knocks me out and I would never take it unless I have a safe place to lay down for 6 hours. My Pharmasist told me it has a half life between 7 and 12 hours. If that info helps at all.
I am so sorry for those out there who have had a bad experience not just with Seroquel but the people who have, by the sounds, overdosed by so called professionals. I wanted to use some swear words there!! I have a dislike for greedy drug companies and "professionals" who over prescribe and who essentially work for them!
I understand to that Seroquel may not be helpful to everyone, low or high dose.
This is a great thread. Power to the people!

post #24 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 02:52 PM
SAS Member

Walking sombie and nightmares, didn't help me sleep too well either. It made me kooky and spooky, not sleepy, only for a month then it didn't work at all. I was scared to try higher doses than 25mg due to the nightmares and sluggish cloudy mindedness. So I quit it slowly over a 2 week period. I know it was a low dose but I still took it down slow cutting pills in half for that time period.

GAD
  • noun: a sharp prod fixed to a rider's heel and used to urge a horse onward
  • noun: an anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months
  • verb: wander aimlessly in search of pleasure
post #25 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

I started off on 25 mg and worked my way up to 400 mg. Right now my doc has cut me down to 200 mg. It is very sedating at first, but it is easy to build up a tolerance to it. It has been prescribed to me mainly for insomnia.

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"
post #26 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 12:32 PM
SAS Member

SA is not my primary disorder. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Depression, Anxiety and Social Anxiety are a result of the PTSD. I take 300mg of Seroquel along with Zopiclone at night to stop night terrors and morning flashbacks. Then I take Effexor in the morning to deal with my daytime problems of depression and anxiety.

For some, the "coma" is a problem, but for me? Without taking it, I relive my traumas over and over again in my sleep, and wake up in shock and unable to speak. So I take the sleeping-coma and thank my lucky stars.
post #27 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Bounty hunter

Seroquil ruined my life.
Not only did it make me gain 100 pounds, but when I lost the weight, excess gross wrinkled skin was left behind (now it's up to my extreme investments to get cosmetic surgery) ***** THAT DRUG.

In addition to this, it made me stop getting my period. Completely. Sure, sounds like bliss, but you can only imagine how damaging that must be to a woman's body and natural menstruation cycles. When I stopped taking seroquil, my menstruation cycle never regained a normal routine in monthly arrival. Sometimes I get it every two months, sometimes 2 weeks apart. It comes at random unpredictable intervals without warning. Hell, I could get pregnant and not even think twice over a missed period. Sorry to be graphic (especially to you guys you there) but I've ruined a lot of my favorite pairs of panties due to this bullsh*t.

***** seroquil and its disgusting side effects, the thought if it makes me want to vomit.
post #28 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 03:15 PM
SAS Member

it saved me from going mad from insomnia! i did feel abit hazey the next day at first but that went away and i don't have any noticable side affects now.
post #29 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:58 PM
SAS Member

Seroquel helped me with my insomnia, but not with my anxiety. I took about 25 mg daily but then stopped. I didn't gain any weight fortunately
post #30 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 10:57 PM
SAS Member

Seroquel sucks. I've been taking it for years, and now I can't fall asleep without it.

I don't think meds are the answer when it comes to curing SA, but Seroquel sure works well as a sleeping pill!
post #31 of 143 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Space Cadet

Did nothing for me, if anything it made me suicidal.

Also, I missed a dose once. I couldn't fall asleep until 6 in the morning. After seeing my shrink, I tapered down my dose to wean myself off it. The first day after my final dose, I was up for 36 hours straight.
post #32 of 143 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 04:05 PM
3rd SAS Battalion

I'm on it at the moment. If you can stay on it long enough to build a tolerance to it then it will help your SA. 25mg used to put me to sleep, now it takes 300mg.
post #33 of 143 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 04:08 PM
New mum to summer rose

It not a good drug full stop!
25 mg does turn into 100 then 200 mg and tolerance, despite the doctors telling u its "great and has no withdrawals or tolerance" they lie it does have withdrawals the main one being insomnia. It is a good sleeping pill in a low dose but i developed shocking sleep paralysis well it basically intensified my sleep terrors i had frequently and the appetite, it was awful. i was basically sleep eating then eating again and u just do not care about anything on them, i felt like the walking dead

"Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not? "
RFK quoting George Bernard Shaw

Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?-Abraham Lincoln
post #34 of 143 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
SAS Member

I was on 150mg for manic depression.

It worked at first, but I became resistant ultimately stopped it. It isn't worth the side effects in my opinion. I gained weight on it.
post #35 of 143 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 04:36 AM
SAS Member

This thread is fascinating to read; my sympathies to those who've copped it badly from the drug. I'm suspected to have schizophrenia as well as anxiety, hence taking this drug (Abilify and Respiridol were... unacceptable, side-effect-wise), and I've found it positively mild at 250mg. I sleep in a little bit, and I'm hoping that will go away, but otherwise it's been downright side-effect free, and it's taken away some of the 'noise' and constant irrational fear caused by my schizophrenia. I still have a fair few problems with anxiety, but I get the feeling I'll defeat that better with therapy than with any drug.

Just a story to add to the mix.
post #36 of 143 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 05:18 PM
New mum to summer rose

yes dammit the doctor has put me on a low dose again to combat the effexor withdrawals because its been "effective" in making me sleep and calming me down, but the zombie like eating is always an issue
I ended up having to discard them
Effexor withdrawals can be managed with other medications

"Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not? "
RFK quoting George Bernard Shaw

Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?-Abraham Lincoln
post #37 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 11:25 PM
SAS Member

I can't say that seroquel works well for SA or Bipolar in my experience, but it is one of the only things that makes me sleep if I take a high enough dose. Be careful though because it tends to be a big weight gainer. It always makes me very hungry after I take it. I see commercials advertising adding it to other antidepressants. I have tried that, but it didn't work at all.
post #38 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 05:19 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy View Post
Seroquel will definitely cure SA, if you don't mind being cured by sleeping your entire life away. Can't very well worry when you can't even stay awake.
I agree 110% ..I slept for 3 months ,can't remember anything from that time. I was on 25mg 4x's dailly and 400-600 mgs at night. ..Also put on alot of weight sleep eating(Also maxed out on Zyprexa, cymbalta and abilify and a few other meds i can't remember .ZOMBIE meds i call them .
post #39 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Imp
Cookie Monster

Hated it when I was on it.
Had to take it with Prozac. :S

running around in circles.
post #40 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Permanently Banned

Poison
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page