Lunesta (zopiclone) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Community and Website Administrator

Language: Test123
My Mood: Cheerful

Lunesta (zopiclone)

A hypnotic, sometimes used in the treatment of social anxiety in the UK and Canada. Sold as Imovane, Zimovane and Zopinox in Europe and Canada, and as Lunesta in the United States

More info:User ratings/reviews:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Community and Website Administrator

Language: Test123
My Mood: Cheerful

Zopiclone(Imovane)

(Copied over from old review system)

Posted by Noca
Treatment Experience
I used to suffer from insomnia due to anxiety/depression. I took Imovane 7.5mgs for 6 months. It worked great for 6 months as an 7-8 hour sleep aid. After that it stopped working all together.

I never got the chance to use it as an anxiolytic but I've heard its a popular alternative to benzos in the UK.

The drug basically turns your breath into sleeping gas and every breath you take in, you feel a little more relaxed and sleepy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Eeeeerrrrggg

Unhappy

Amnesiac Dependency? I think so!

First off... this is my first post, woot woot. I believe congrats are in order. Now onto the purpose of aforementioned:

I am a PTSD/Panic Disorder/Insomniac/Depressed-but in remission/FRUSTRATED person who has been utilized as a lab rat (lol) for several different cocktails of meds with very mild success rate.

My success has been with Zoloft. It is the only medication I've been on consistently for over a year that does produce some awesome results (thus the remission of depression). BUT, anxiety, insomnia, and agoraphobia are a roller coster ride that continuously breaks down.

For insomnia, I've been rx'ed seroquel (got addicted), trazadone (only made me crabby), ambien (stopped working), and currently lunesta. the lunesta worked... for a few days and then like all its predecesors lost its affect. Unfortunately, even though I do switch medications, when the new one no longer works, I still have the "leftovers" from old ones. Then my bright idea of cocktailing comes to mind. Normally it's fine and like a new med, it works for a little while.

Last night I made my first 1 dose of Lunesta and 1 dose of Ambien mixture thinking that it would be the same as Ambien and Seroquel.

I was so horribly wrong. There most certainly was an interaction... however, I don't remember it. It was not an overdose, this I know. It was most likely the short term memory loss side effect I read about but never experienced.

When I woke this morning... this is what I found on my phone:

1. "im took meds. tweeken right now... so i might be a little awkward."
2. "lol! not going lie, i like the nighttime trips. lol..."
3. "yeah, if you were here... id give you my stuff for a small experience. its badass. i need double of everything and my senses are all crazed out..."
4."there's fliers and they're handling out fliers to meet people. it could work... this show is faster than my brain, so i am not great at the making of sense."

And at the end of this unusual text message conversation, I agreed to get a tattoo of Hedwig's face.

My purpose of this post is to find out everyone's opinion...

Am I subconsciously addicted to highs? I always thought I could spot the additions and thats when I'd discontinue a medication.

Is it possible for medications of the right mixture to literally manipulate the brain/mind like my messages showed? (I promise...I do not talk like that on a normal day... nor have I EVER attempted to give anyone my medication)

Why would I have such an ..um... interesting conversation... and not retain it?

Could I have had a temporary Broca issue? Seems like it.

Needless to say, called my doc and I have a session on Monday to yet again, find a different solution to my uniqueness. I will let y'all know how it goes.

Looking forward to everyone's responses.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 02:52 PM
SAS Member

Background: GAD, depression

This is horrible: I've been taken off my Valium and I'm on 75mg venlafaxine, and been put on lunesta to sleep instead. It doesn't work for me at all?! Help? I've read magnificent reviews on this drug and all it does is it gives me dysgeusia. not even light headed sleepiness. Someone tell me what's going on! or anyone with same problem?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 10:12 PM
SAS Member

Thumbs down

Loon-nesta

Personally I was not a fan of this medication. It really did leave a horrible taste in my mouth about 30 minutes after taking it, and the only time it seemed to help me drift off to slumberland was if I didn't eat anything for at least six hours before taking it.
I also had a friend remark I was talking in my sleep and actually got up, smoked a cigarette, and had a conversation with them...I recall none of this. SCARY! So I have not taken it in a while. I'd rather not be doing mysterious things in my sleep.

----------------------------------------------
Rx: Neurontin, Klonopin, Tegretol, Xanax, Zoloft
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM
New mum to summer rose

ADDICTIVE is all i can say about this lunesta (Zopiclone)
Okay it is not as potent as Eszopiclone but its still knocks you out then wears off so your body needs more and more then you become crazy anxious and do not sleep with or without it. Zopiclone also made my sleep paralysis and nightmares ten times worse

What is the difference between ambien and zopiclone if i may ask?
We do not get ambien here

"Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not? "
RFK quoting George Bernard Shaw

Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?-Abraham Lincoln
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Permanently Banned

Useless

Might as well be a sugar pill. Doesn't sedate me in the least.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 AM
SAS Member

Question

Hi, I 100% agree with you. I started Chantix to quit smoking but in the process started waking up at 3-4am followed by nothing but tossing and turning.. after 5-days of this, I went to my Dr. and he suggested Lunesta.. I've taking Ambien regular and Ambien CR in the past, worked great! So now i'm taking Lunesta w/insurance very exp by the way $40 for 7 pills, anyways I'm still waking up at 4-5am SHOOTS :/ ... i'm a little bit frustrated now.. I'm going to return to my doctor and see of any other options.... rather then Sleeping Aids, perhaps an Anxiety Pill is my answer, any feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisa1536 View Post
ADDICTIVE is all i can say about this lunesta (Zopiclone)
Okay it is not as potent as Eszopiclone but its still knocks you out then wears off so your body needs more and more then you become crazy anxious and do not sleep with or without it. Zopiclone also made my sleep paralysis and nightmares ten times worse

What is the difference between ambien and zopiclone if i may ask?
We do not get ambien here
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 AM
SAS Member

i have been prescribed lunesta and ambien with absolutely no effect. seroquel, on the other hand, put me to sleep immediately.

if all these drugs have such varied effects on people and side effects (seroquel had quite strong side effects), why are they part of the standard of care?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 PM
avui, no demà

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiousinsomniac View Post
When I woke this morning... this is what I found on my phone:

1. "im took meds. tweeken right now... so i might be a little awkward."
2. "lol! not going lie, i like the nighttime trips. lol..."
3. "yeah, if you were here... id give you my stuff for a small experience. its badass. i need double of everything and my senses are all crazed out..."
4."there's fliers and they're handling out fliers to meet people. it could work... this show is faster than my brain, so i am not great at the making of sense."

And at the end of this unusual text message conversation, I agreed to get a tattoo of Hedwig's face.

haha i've had similar experiences on the z-drugs. i tend to call people in the middle of the night and have conversations about off-the-wall topics only to wake up in the morning and have absolutely no recollection of doing so. the z-drugs are not for me!

dx: treatment-refractory variants of panic disorder with agoraphobia and generalized anxiety disorder

rx: 900mg/pregabalin, 4mg/clonazepam, 120mg/duloxetine
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page