Trazodone - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 06:05 AM
SAS Member

,, It helpfull when use with SSR'I , because of antagonistic effect at Serotonine receptor, 5-HT2, so , reduce some side effects of SSR'I ,espicialy , insomnia , agitation, some sexual side effects,

Sedation decrease with time,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:00 AM
SAS Member

Language: Italian, English
My Mood: Sick
I got Trazodone (sold under the name of Trittico in my country) prescribed as an off-label medication for my insomnia. It didn't work on its own but it does work pretty well in addition to the only sleeping medication that actually works well for me which is zolpidem tartrate. I have not used it on its own for depression or anxiety so I have no idea how well it works for those.

«But the thing that girls know best, is that glitter covers all the ugliness
And they know one thing above all the rest
Sparkle covers evilness
Shimmer covers all the mess
Glitter covers darkness»
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:17 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora91 View Post
I got Trazodone (sold under the name of Trittico in my country) prescribed as an off-label medication for my insomnia. It didn't work on its own but it does work pretty well in addition to the only sleeping medication that actually works well for me which is zolpidem tartrate. I have not used it on its own for depression or anxiety so I have no idea how well it works for those.
Does that stuff make you hallucinate? They used to give it to me in the hospital and tell me to go and lie down. So I'd go to bed and watch all these strange things hanging off the curtain rods - it was pretty weird. I was so relaxed from it that it didn't worry me, it was sort of fun to watch.

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:58 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Does that stuff make you hallucinate? They used to give it to me in the hospital and tell me to go and lie down. So I'd go to bed and watch all these strange things hanging off the curtain rods - it was pretty weird. I was so relaxed from it that it didn't worry me, it was sort of fun to watch.

Hi! No, I've never experienced hallucinations before. I was actually told by my GP that Trazodone could give me hallucinations (my psychiatrist disagreed and it never happened anyway). So I have no explanation for what happened to you. All I know about zolpidem tartrate is that it used to make me fall asleep after 20 mins and now it's not working that well anymore so it's anywhere between 40 mins-1 hour. Still better than laying awake in my bed for hours

I don't know why there isn't a sleeping medications sub-thread in the medications thread yet. I bet many people with anxiety take sleeping pills.

Sparkle covers evilness
Glitter covers darkness»
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:10 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Hi! No, I've never experienced hallucinations before. I was actually told by my GP that Trazodone could give me hallucinations (my psychiatrist disagreed and it never happened anyway). So I have no explanation for what happened to you. All I know about zolpidem tartrate is that it used to make me fall asleep after 20 mins and now it's not working that well anymore so it's anywhere between 40 mins-1 hour. Still better than laying awake in my bed for hours

I don't know why there isn't a sleeping medications sub-thread in the medications thread yet. I bet many people with anxiety take sleeping pills.
I actually looked it up and for the Stillnox (Zolpidem) hallucinations are listed under serious side-effects. It says to tell the doctor but at the time it never occurred to me to do that - I actually quite enjoyed it. Plus, I think I was taking a few things in there so it was hard to tell what was affecting me.

Yes, that must be very annoying not being able to go to sleep. I can always get to sleep but I usually wake up very early in the morning and listen to the BBC for a while before I go back to sleep.

And yeah, I think there are a few other people on here that suffer from insomnia - you could probably start a thread about it if you like.
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:30 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
I actually looked it up and for the Stillnox (Zolpidem) hallucinations are listed under serious side-effects. It says to tell the doctor but at the time it never occurred to me to do that - I actually quite enjoyed it. Plus, I think I was taking a few things in there so it was hard to tell what was affecting me.

Yes, that must be very annoying not being able to go to sleep. I can always get to sleep but I usually wake up very early in the morning and listen to the BBC for a while before I go back to sleep.

And yeah, I think there are a few other people on here that suffer from insomnia - you could probably start a thread about it if you like.

I thought I had to be a moderator/admin to open a thread in this forum? I just assumed since they've all been opened by admins it seems.

I didn't even know that was one of the side effects of Stilnox, but to be honest, which psychiatric medication doesn't list a lot of concerning stuff in the side effects section? When I read the pamphlets of my antianxiety/antidepressant/antipsychotic drugs I **** myself and then nothing ever happens. I mean I did experience the occasional dizziness the first time a took a benzodiazepine but apart from that I've been very lucky.

Sparkle covers evilness
Glitter covers darkness»
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:38 AM
bipolar

Quote:
I thought I had to be a moderator/admin to open a thread in this forum? I just assumed since they've all been opened by admins it seems.

I didn't even know that was one of the side effects of Stilnox, but to be honest, which psychiatric medication doesn't list a lot of concerning stuff in the side effects section? When I read the pamphlets of my antianxiety/antidepressant/antipsychotic drugs I **** myself and then nothing ever happens. I mean I did experience the occasional dizziness the first time a took a benzodiazepine but apart from that I've been very lucky.
No, I think you're looking at just the top sections of the threads. There should be a button to start a thread yourself - unless there's a minimum amount of posts or something. I'm not sure.

And yeah, they all have those crazy things listed on the pamphlets. Those things can be scary - better not to look sometimes.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page