Ritalin (methylphenidate) - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 11:30 PM
SAS Member

Ritalin makes sociability much easier for me, a lot of people don't realize social anxiety disorder is not only anxiety, i'm pretty sure it involves some kind of erratic sociability, like if your brain is not able to say or react as you want to. Ritalin is a very good choice for social anxiety, if it gives you tachicardia take it with 10mg - 20mg of propranolol so you don't get that adrenaline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 03:42 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmazz96 View Post
Ritalin makes sociability much easier for me, a lot of people don't realize social anxiety disorder is not only anxiety, i'm pretty sure it involves some kind of erratic sociability, like if your brain is not able to say or react as you want to. Ritalin is a very good choice for social anxiety, if it gives you tachicardia take it with 10mg - 20mg of propranolol so you don't get that adrenaline.
This is what I think as well, I'm pretty sure I had ADD and have been referred to a psychologist. Really hoping I can get some kind of stimulant...
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 04:22 AM
SAS Member

Just started last week, very effective but the crash really affects your life so thinking of going back to Modafinil. I also didnt take it over the weekend and feel like a zombie which scares me. Any tips on supplements to help with the crash? It has also really increased my anxiety so might drop the dose to 5mg e 3 hrs eather than 10 e 4hrs.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 04:57 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
I used to take 10 dexies at a time. Gets you real high and you get a real comedown.
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 03:58 PM
SAS Member

I like to hear stories of basic SSRI's actually making a difference for people who just need something. But i just cant imagine myself doing that, i feel im already taking the best and nothing could change my mind on that.
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 04:27 PM
Permanently Banned

I don't play around with uppers anymore. I used to crush them up and snort them lil ****ers. 10mg IR. Felt like a poor man's coke. Made me real irritable and **** too.
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10029185j View Post
It has also really increased my anxiety so might drop the dose to 5mg e 3 hrs eather than 10 e 4hrs.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That is not unusual at all. Just look at some of the most basic of symptoms of pure anxiety and pure drug fueled stimulation. Anxiety can cause a rapid/faster heart rate, sweaty palms and racing thoughts. Stimulants can cause a rapid/faster heart rate, sweaty palms, and racing thoughts (when mental stimulation goes off the deep end). So, some of the most prominent symptoms of basic anxiety are also nearly reciprocated naturally by enough stimulant power hitting your CNS. Having the symptoms of anxiety physically forced upon you just about can trick or lead your mind into anxiety. This would be the opposite notion of when people say that you should take deep breaths when you are anxious. Taking deep slow breaths mimics what basically a CNS depressant would do. Physical effects can spill over into psychological ones and vice versa.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page