Inderal (propranolol) [Beta Blocker] - Page 24 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #461 of 470 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Down the rabbit hole

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWubWoofles View Post
During my teenage times I used to blush a lot but I never was afraid of going to new places like work or school, now my physical symptoms aren't that bad anymore but I'm scared to death to even think about going to school again or going to work.
Have you "psychoanalyzed"/reflected yourself about why that scares you?

Hello Darkness my old friend... I've come to talk with you again.

V1bzz:- Nardil is here to help us understand what it is to be old people

What's Dr. Stahl say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUE...ature=youtu.be

AvPD,Dysthymia,Depression, SP, sleepingdisorder, Agoraphobia, GAD. ADD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #462 of 470 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 08:35 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
Quote:
Originally Posted by watertouch View Post
Have you "psychoanalyzed"/reflected yourself about why that scares you?
Last year I got laid off from my job and after that things have just gone downhill, this whole year I've just declined job offers and for 2 times when I was supposed to start I just couldn't go there. I guess I'm afraid to get used to new places, new people and new work assignments, for some reason nowadays I hate learning new things.
post #463 of 470 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Down the rabbit hole

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWubWoofles View Post
Last year I got laid off from my job and after that things have just gone downhill, this whole year I've just declined job offers and for 2 times when I was supposed to start I just couldn't go there. I guess I'm afraid to get used to new places, new people and new work assignments, for some reason nowadays I hate learning new things.
Yeah i guess that would do it...
About your previus post, i kinda feel the same. I don't know if its some form of acceptance or if one just get used to it.

Hello Darkness my old friend... I've come to talk with you again.

V1bzz:- Nardil is here to help us understand what it is to be old people

What's Dr. Stahl say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUE...ature=youtu.be

AvPD,Dysthymia,Depression, SP, sleepingdisorder, Agoraphobia, GAD. ADD

post #464 of 470 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 03:51 AM
dead

My Mood: Dead
This was just a weird medication. I don't plan to take it again.

It's hard to describe it's effects on my body.

We are all dead
post #465 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 09:48 AM
SAS Member

Has anyone had issues becoming immune to the positive effects of Propranolol?

I typically take 20mg about an hour before a stressful situation (for me it's public speaking).

For some reason the last time I took it, it didn't work as well.

I started to feel the familar fight or flight response. I still managed to talk myself down but it was more uncomfortable than usual. I did have a large meal about 20 mins before taking it so maybe that lead to an increase in time it took to take affect?

Ah.
post #466 of 470 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 03:19 PM
SAS Member

I was just prescribed Propranolol today for my issues with public speaking. I believe I have some sort of anxiety issues, but it really shows up when I have to talk in front of groups of people. I know this is a common question, but I was given 20mg per pill dosage and curious what amount works best (I know this can vary from individual) and how long before the presentation would it be best to take it? I'm just trying to find the sweet spot. My first presentation comes up this Thursday. Thanks!
post #467 of 470 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBeat View Post
I was just prescribed Propranolol today for my issues with public speaking. I believe I have some sort of anxiety issues, but it really shows up when I have to talk in front of groups of people. I know this is a common question, but I was given 20mg per pill dosage and curious what amount works best (I know this can vary from individual) and how long before the presentation would it be best to take it? I'm just trying to find the sweet spot. My first presentation comes up this Thursday. Thanks!
What's your presentation on?

Sorry, I have no exp with any beta blockers but they interest me.

post #468 of 470 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 11:59 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBeat View Post
I like your username.

Re propranalol, I take it before presentations at work as well, 90 minutes before I usually take 40mg and then 30-45 minutes before another 40mg or sometimes 80mg .
post #469 of 470 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:26 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfiswrongwithme View Post
Has anyone had issues becoming immune to the positive effects of Propranolol?

I typically take 20mg about an hour before a stressful situation (for me it's public speaking).

For some reason the last time I took it, it didn't work as well.

I started to feel the familar fight or flight response. I still managed to talk myself down but it was more uncomfortable than usual. I did have a large meal about 20 mins before taking it so maybe that lead to an increase in time it took to take affect?

Ah.
It has happened to me as well, but I don't think its because of becoming immune.. I too had a meal 15/20 mins before my presentation. So, I think there should be an hour difference between meal and medicine.. has anyone tried empty stomach..
post #470 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 03:10 AM
Freak of nature

I take this every morning for my rapid heart rate. Iím talking 130bpm which I believe came from mirtazepine. I keep taking it now despite being off mirtazepine
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page