Inderal (propranolol) [Beta Blocker] - Page 21 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #401 of 470 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 09:15 AM
SAS Member

Moondreamer, such a great story. I feel motivated already. Tks! Stay strong and be stronger than ever before. I look fwd to the day when I can say goodbye to my anxiety n panic attacks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 470 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 06:31 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopingforamiracle View Post
Moondreamer, such a great story. I feel motivated already. Tks! Stay strong and be stronger than ever before. I look fwd to the day when I can say goodbye to my anxiety n panic attacks!
Aww thank you sweetheart and you will i have complete faith in you, just have it in yourself now you can do it i know you can! x
post #403 of 470 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 06:38 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondreamer View Post
Aww thank you sweetheart and you will i have complete faith in you, just have it in yourself now you can do it i know you can! x
You need to look up magnesium deficiency, you be very surprised of your symptoms, every disease come from a deficiency and now a days we just don't have the vitamins and minerals like we should do anymore in our food, as they bad people of the world want us all ill and spray it all with pesticides and nasty chemicals, i take liquid magnesium daily (liquid so no nasty bulking agents in) from a company called 'natures answer' its called, liquid magnesium malate and glycinate , its tangerine flavor, id be lost without it, i take it before as it makes me a bit sleepy too x

post #404 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 08:03 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried
I notice I have a reverse affect when I take propranolol. I took 40mg and also 80mg and I started getting more flustered and noticed i started sweating an hour after taking it. Anyone else experience this?
post #405 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 06:36 AM
SAS Member

Makes me sweat but BC of the other effects it makes me not care
post #406 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 05:08 PM
SAS Member

I've been prescribed a relatively low dose of 10mg, mainly to deal with anxiety-related palpitations which were beginning to affect me daily. I'm not sure if I experience sweating as a result of it, seeing as sweating is always part of being anxious for me. However it dealt with the palpitations, I tend to take the tablets during exam season when I'm most likely to experience symptoms.
For me, reducing the palpitations helped as when I had them I'd often stop mid-speech and end up creating an awkward situation as people were waiting for me to finish my sentence. It won't do much to help with anxiety-related thoughts but it can take the edge off a bit by dealing with the physical side.
post #407 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 11:32 PM
SAS Member

Hello,

I have been on propranolol for a few months now for an essential tremor. I have been taking my doses at 8am and 8pm everyday and I have been experiencing extreme fatigue. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on when to take daily doses. I take it twice a day and my neurologist said to "play" around with my dosage times to see if I can minimize my side effects. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
post #408 of 470 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 09:06 PM
deceased

I've been on this for about 3 months now. As expected, it helps with the physical symptoms (reduced sweating, less heart-racing, possibly better composure), not so much the mental problems. Although to be fair, the lack of sweating has made a difference, it's one less thing to worry about. There haven't been any noticeable side effects so I'm gonna continue to take 20 mg before any period of social exposure just to stop the sweating.

'The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down!' - Alan Partridge
post #409 of 470 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 01:36 PM
ff

I freaking love this stuff for stopping heart palpitations. I feel a bit down / depressed when I take the stuff regularly though.. like if I take it 3-4 days in a row. Can anyone relate?
post #410 of 470 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 12:50 PM
SAS Member

I also notice it can have some fatigue effect on me but at the same time I get that feeling when its cloudy outside (guess I am weather sensitive). I never used it more than a couple of days in a row, I noticed that 10mg does the trick for me - even if I am not aware of its effect, I know it is helping cause I don`t feel heart pounding and voice trembling when I am in situations that in other ocassions trigger the things previously mentioned. I have been using it on and off for approx. 8 months, first time I heard about it was on this forum... at first I started with 20mg and it worked ok, 40mg left me fatigue and dizzy. I heard it's not good with coffe but that`s ok cause I don't drink coffe - it give me some serious heart poundings when I do
post #411 of 470 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 02:37 PM
SAS Member

Hi guys, I tried 10mg propranolol and it didn't work. I have an important work presentation, do you think this med would work for me???? My voice doesn't come out and shakes miserably when I am up there!!! Should I try upping my dose??? Please help guys
post #412 of 470 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 10:33 PM
SAS Member

How do I successfully convince a dr. to let me try this? Do ya'll get your prescriptions from psychiatrists or general physicians? LOL Can I have your dr. call my dr. to tell them that it's ok to prescribe without having high blood pressure? I'm assuming not everyone here has high bp but maybe I'm wrong.

I really, really need a job but I can't stand to go through all the physical panic symptoms that cause me so much pain throughout the day. I'd like to think that I could be ok with my mind going haywire if I could at least control my body.
post #413 of 470 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 11:05 AM
SAS Member

Smile

Interview

Hi all. Recently I have had a few interviews that have been a disaster due to performance anxiety. Today I had another interview and took 10mg of propronolol about 2 hours before and I must say that it had an enormous impact on me. I actually spoke without a trembling voice or a racing heartbeat. I would not have known about it if I didnt find this forum so I would just like to say thank you!
post #414 of 470 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:31 PM
SAS Member

I LOVE PROPRANOLOL! Took 50 mg and it worked wonders- no shaky voice, no pounding heart, no sweats.
post #415 of 470 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Aly
Social outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisinfear View Post
Hi guys, I tried 10mg propranolol and it didn't work. I have an important work presentation, do you think this med would work for me???? My voice doesn't come out and shakes miserably when I am up there!!! Should I try upping my dose??? Please help guys
yes, definitely try upping your dose! 10 mg is a lower than normal dose.
post #416 of 470 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Aly
Social outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimenolove View Post
How do I successfully convince a dr. to let me try this? Do ya'll get your prescriptions from psychiatrists or general physicians? LOL Can I have your dr. call my dr. to tell them that it's ok to prescribe without having high blood pressure? I'm assuming not everyone here has high bp but maybe I'm wrong.

I really, really need a job but I can't stand to go through all the physical panic symptoms that cause me so much pain throughout the day. I'd like to think that I could be ok with my mind going haywire if I could at least control my body.
you can talk to them about it. you don't have to have high blood pressure in order to take this. hell i have lower blood pressure and am taking it. tell them that you're experiencing physical symptoms of anxiety and you've heard that this drug helps with that, or just tell them about your symptoms. usually doctors do prescribe this when people talk about physical symptoms.
post #417 of 470 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 04:18 PM
ff

i stopped taking propanolol a couple months back, it was actually starting to worsen my palpitations at 40 mg/day

i found out i have a naturally low resting heart rate, about ~50 bpm, and the propanolol was dropping it even further causing palpitations from bradycardia. or so that's what i believe what was going on.
post #418 of 470 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 10:57 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
you can talk to them about it. you don't have to have high blood pressure in order to take this. hell i have lower blood pressure and am taking it. tell them that you're experiencing physical symptoms of anxiety and you've heard that this drug helps with that, or just tell them about your symptoms. usually doctors do prescribe this when people talk about physical symptoms.
I gave it my best shot, also provided them with articles (as they requested) to prove that people are prescribed this to treat anxiety symptoms. It was a resounding no, I'll have to figure out a way to pay cash to see someone else.
post #419 of 470 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 08:39 AM
SAS Member

I went to my doc recently for the first time EVER regarding my anxiety!
Had it for like 15 years!

My Doc woudn't prescribe me anything, though

Anyway, regarding betablockers, i'm slightly confused.
Some people say they still feel nervous when the take them.
But then, form what I gather, they eliminate all of the 'effects' such as a racing heart etc.

So, with me, I only seem to 'know' that i'm nervous when my heart is racing and stuff! So, I imagine that if I took a pill which stopped me feeling the effects of nervousness, then I could no longer classify myself as nervous and wouldn't 'feel' nervous!
post #420 of 470 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 04:13 PM
SAS Member

I am a blusher, and I also sweat a lot on my face when I'm blushing and nervous. My facial muscles also become very tense and my heart beat sky rockets. My entire body goes into a state of anxiety which makes it impossible for my mind to ignore. It compounds my social anxiety (maybe even is the root cause).

I started 12.5 mg of Atenolol yesterday evening (half of the smallest dose) and I've so far only taken one dose. If it's a sugar pill effect, I am quite pleased with its power over the mind lol. I put myself out there today, in an incredibly stressful situation (most people would think that my idea of stress is silly), and my body did not betray me. I was indeed mentally nervous in my mind, just waiting for the blushing, sweating, and tight facial muscles to appear--but nothing happened. I was able to converse with people, holler at people, and act like I blended in. And yes, I was nervous! But I finally had the opportunity to confidently fake it and I got away with it. It was heaven.

My dose is so low, but honestly I can feel it in my body. It's like a constant feeling of just having finished up a mile run. My body is tired, but not the sleepy tired, more the energized tired. Now my anxiety is wondering when all of that becomes too good to be true and wondering what will go wrong. Nutshell version--it doesn't take away the anxiety, it stops the physical symptoms from taking over and escalating the anxiety. I'm hoping that's all I need.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page