Nardil (phenelzine) [MAOI] - Page 5 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #81 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 01:39 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Cool
Good Luck mate !! Always had an issue with insomnia before Nardil but whilst on Nardil, I found that not sleeping for a night never affected me the next day but sure 3hrs in 4 days would. Have you ever tried alternating sleep meds ie serequol for a couple nights and then amitriptyline, then something like zopiclone and then back to serequol etc? Has helped me in the past.

Since cleaning up my diet, exercising, meditating, and making sure I get up same time every morning my sleep has improved dramatically. Also bought new mattress topper, new pillows when required etc, I take a hot bath or shower an hour or so before bed. I now only use 25-50mg quetiapine occasionally.

You probably know and do all the things above but they certainly have helped me. Anyway, ganz liebe Grüße for today !! Hope you get what you need !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 05:39 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Hey my friend,

It is horrible... the sleep don't come... I feel like a zombie. Tomorrow or better later i will get a new ''sedatives''

It's incridible, over the time i got a resistance to the sedative effects of any medication... I will try all without benzodiazepines...
post #83 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 05:39 PM
SAS Member

I saw this online....

Nardil Help

Friday, April 22, 2011
URGENT NEWS! We need YOUR help!!
Oh my gosh, how long has it been..? Well anyway here's some VERY URGENT news for everyone reading! One of our fellow posters over at The Anxiety Community "HelenK" has informed us of an interesting development regarding Gavis Pharmaceuticals and their willingness to listen to our plight. If this goes well, God willing, we may actually have a shot at getting the original Nardil back!! Her post is quoted below:

Nardil Sufferers: I have some big news here about Gavis generic Nardil!

I recently wrote a complaint letter to Gavis/Novel. Their Pharmacist called me today (His name is Ilango Subramanian). I most definitely incited his interested in our negative reactions to thier generic Nardil.

Even though I, at first, did OK with the generic, the subsequent headaches and fatigue tells me the drug is less worthy than Pfizer's crap. I am now forced to return to their Nardil.

We chatted for 45 minutes -- I gave him a long history about the original Nardil - Pfizer's crap - and Gavin generic.
I spoke of all our sufferings, symptoms and side effects, ruined lives, and trials of compounding our own Nardil.

I mentioned our quest to push Pfizer into making the original formula to no avail; and how excited we were to think Gavis generic would be our answer!

Mr. Subramanian was extremely polite and grateful for my input. He could not thank me enough, and emphasized how important feedback is in marketing a new medication.

He invited me to the Company Headquarters in Somerset, NJ, to discuss Nardil with the CEO/Pharmacist/Board. I plan on going 1st week of May. I want to make a strong case for the original formula; I NEED YOUR HELP- I don't want to blow this chance.
I implore you to provide me any pertinent information and advice I can present before the Board. I am a one-man band here, so please, help me strike while the iron is hot!

I emphasized that Gavis is facing failure if not willing to re-formulate to the Gold Standard we need so desperately. This is their real fear considering the hours of research and $$ invested.

Mr. Subramanian said no one has called or reported any complaints. I laughed. I know many of you tried.

He now asks that you all report your experiences to him, even if you decided not to try it. At the very least he wants your opinion of original Nardil vs. Pfizer Nardil. This could push them over the line to re-formulate.

I recommend contacting him with your complaints even if you did not try the generic. They need to know you still want/need the original formula.

908-603-6012
email: [email protected]

Type "For Mr. I. Subramanian" in the text of the email.

Please, please let's give this a shot. What have we got to lose!!
HelenK
As you can see I have superfluously highlighted the relevant contact information above. Please Please PLEASE get in touch with them and share your thoughts. Above all, keep stressing that we NEED the orignal pre-2003 Nardil back!

More updates and information to come very soon. Stay tuned!
nardilhelp at 7:51 PM

1 comment:

AnonymousMay 4, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Hi. You guys are probably all over this -- I'm a lithium taker, not Nardil, and don't know the history -- but are you aware that Nardil was the drug the late David Foster Wallace took for ~20 years before deciding he couldn't tolerate the side effects anymore (a bad experience after a restaurant was the last straw, according to Rolling Stone/The New Yorker) and switching to something else?

Load more...

Home
View web version

About Me

nardilhelp
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #84 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 05:46 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassareck View Post
I saw this online....

Nardil Help

Friday, April 22, 2011
URGENT NEWS! We need YOUR help!!
Oh my gosh, how long has it been..? Well anyway here's some VERY URGENT news for everyone reading! One of our fellow posters over at The Anxiety Community "HelenK" has informed us of an interesting development regarding Gavis Pharmaceuticals and their willingness to listen to our plight. If this goes well, God willing, we may actually have a shot at getting the original Nardil back!! Her post is quoted below:

Nardil Sufferers: I have some big news here about Gavis generic Nardil!

I recently wrote a complaint letter to Gavis/Novel. Their Pharmacist called me today (His name is Ilango Subramanian). I most definitely incited his interested in our negative reactions to thier generic Nardil.

Even though I, at first, did OK with the generic, the subsequent headaches and fatigue tells me the drug is less worthy than Pfizer's crap. I am now forced to return to their Nardil.

We chatted for 45 minutes -- I gave him a long history about the original Nardil - Pfizer's crap - and Gavin generic.
I spoke of all our sufferings, symptoms and side effects, ruined lives, and trials of compounding our own Nardil.

I mentioned our quest to push Pfizer into making the original formula to no avail; and how excited we were to think Gavis generic would be our answer!

Mr. Subramanian was extremely polite and grateful for my input. He could not thank me enough, and emphasized how important feedback is in marketing a new medication.

He invited me to the Company Headquarters in Somerset, NJ, to discuss Nardil with the CEO/Pharmacist/Board. I plan on going 1st week of May. I want to make a strong case for the original formula; I NEED YOUR HELP- I don't want to blow this chance.
I implore you to provide me any pertinent information and advice I can present before the Board. I am a one-man band here, so please, help me strike while the iron is hot!

I emphasized that Gavis is facing failure if not willing to re-formulate to the Gold Standard we need so desperately. This is their real fear considering the hours of research and $$ invested.

Mr. Subramanian said no one has called or reported any complaints. I laughed. I know many of you tried.

He now asks that you all report your experiences to him, even if you decided not to try it. At the very least he wants your opinion of original Nardil vs. Pfizer Nardil. This could push them over the line to re-formulate.

I recommend contacting him with your complaints even if you did not try the generic. They need to know you still want/need the original formula.

908-603-6012
email: [email protected]

Type "For Mr. I. Subramanian" in the text of the email.

Please, please let's give this a shot. What have we got to lose!!
HelenK
As you can see I have superfluously highlighted the relevant contact information above. Please Please PLEASE get in touch with them and share your thoughts. Above all, keep stressing that we NEED the orignal pre-2003 Nardil back!

More updates and information to come very soon. Stay tuned!
nardilhelp at 7:51 PM

1 comment:

AnonymousMay 4, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Hi. You guys are probably all over this -- I'm a lithium taker, not Nardil, and don't know the history -- but are you aware that Nardil was the drug the late David Foster Wallace took for ~20 years before deciding he couldn't tolerate the side effects anymore (a bad experience after a restaurant was the last straw, according to Rolling Stone/The New Yorker) and switching to something else?

Load more...

Home
View web version

About Me

nardilhelp
View my complete profile