Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) [SNRI] - Page 5 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #81 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 11:29 PM
SAS Member

Pristiq = Blushing

i was on Pristiq for about a year and started blushing really bad while taking it. i have had issued with blushing in the past but this came on suddenly and was horrible; it would happen when i was by myself even. i finally switched back to Paxil and immediately noticed a difference with the blushing and the splotchy neck.....it had went away! i'm convinced now that the Pristiq actually caused the flushing. i still worry about it happening when i'm in social situations but when i check in the mirror it's not even noticeable so the fear goes away.

i still cannot find a good med to help with my depression and anxiety and tiredness but at least the horrible blushing, splotchy red neck, overheating feeling has gone away after stopping the Pristiq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 03:22 AM
SAS Member

I'm on 100 dose and pristiq is not doing a single thing for me. Very disappointing!
post #83 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 06:01 AM
Permanently Banned

This helped me for a small while. Started off on 100mg, then the benefits started fading and I got the dosage upped to 150 but I didn't feel any better. So now I'm being taken off them slowly. Sad that it didn't work long for me.

post #84 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Mysterious Creature

I was on 50mg of Pristiq for 4-5 months when I was 18 and found it did nothing. If there was any change in my level of anxiety, it was so small I didn't notice it. I didn't have depressive symptoms before, during, or after Pristiq, so I don't know anything on that front. My side effects were pretty minimal: lots of yawning at the beginning, but that died down, and I think it made me sweat more than normal (ew).

I came off it cold turkey hoping to minimize the length of withdrawal. I have nothing to compare it to, but I'm pretty sure that didn't work, because withdrawal was pretty drawn-out and miserable. My version of brain shocks involved a surge of dizziness and what felt like my eyeballs shivering so I couldn't see/focus on anything for a second. Yeah, not doing that again.

Caveat: I didn't even really want to try medication and only did it to please my parents, and I didn't like my psychiatrist at the time. I'm sure my negativity didn't help the situation.
post #85 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 12:17 AM
SAS Member

Unhappy

Prestiq - Zombie - alter dosage?

Hello
Does anyone know if dropping from 300mg of prestiq to 150mg help subside anxiety and panic attacks. and also increase drive for life? I feel 'zombified'. I have been on them for 5 years.
post #86 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Permanently Banned

I take this 100mg once daily. It is wonderful for depression, but only helps marginally with anxiety.
post #87 of 97 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 05:26 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
I found Pristiq to be quite helpful with anxiety when I started, and so it was suggested that I was upped to 100mg to get more of an effect, since my anxiety was better, but still high. When changing dose I had no difference at all, and so I was eventually told to tr switching meds, and one doctor told me to go up to 150mg, which I didn't prticularly want to do, I decided to wait until my regular doctor was back (she had been on leave) and she suggested that I try effexor. I'm currently taking half a 100mg tablet a day, which i was initially worried about since its a dose release tablet that you're not meant to break in half, but it hasn't been too bad, except for early withdrawl, feeling really down and anxious in the mornings. I've got a few more days of taking the half tablet before a day of nothing (not looking forward to that) and then I'll get started on effexor. Hoping that the withdrawl won't be too hellish.
post #88 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 04:55 PM
SAS Member

Pristiq and sexual side effects

Has anyone else noticed sexual side effects while taking Pristiq?

I do not want to be too explicit but it is most definitely noticeable
post #89 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 09:57 PM
SAS Member

Hi, I would like to give you my opinion. Im a woman and i dont take that med so i dont know how could it works. But what i want to say is: you need to feel healthy/good to can have sex. Maybe is better to have some seconday effects and be ok in the primary objetives.
Just my 2 cts.
post #90 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 05:41 PM
SAS Member

Been on for about a week and a half definitely feel more energy than I did from lexapro which I was on for about 12 years. It does increase my anxiety however and also sometimes I feel very zoned out and cannot concentrate - the zombie feeling most ppl talk about. I am hoping it works

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 06:56 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Pidgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10029185j View Post
Been on for about a week and a half definitely feel more energy than I did from lexapro which I was on for about 12 years. It does increase my anxiety however and also sometimes I feel very zoned out and cannot concentrate - the zombie feeling most ppl talk about. I am hoping it works

give it at least a month, then judge your anxiety levels
post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 07:06 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgetmylife View Post
give it at least a month, then judge your anxiety levels
Thanks. I also feel a huge crash around lunch and get a lot of brain fog it makes it hard to concentrate. Could it be wearing off quickly?

post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 10:47 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Pidgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10029185j View Post
Thanks. I also feel a huge crash around lunch and get a lot of brain fog it makes it hard to concentrate. Could it be wearing off quickly?

hmmm, I'm not sure to be honest. I don't think so? The half life is like 11 hours. If that is the case then maybe you need a higher dose, but you gotta give it more time to set in first.

When do you take your medication? Do you take it at the same time each day? Could still be getting side effects from starting the med. Are you still on the same dose you started at?
post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 10:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgetmylife View Post
hmmm, I'm not sure to be honest. I don't think so? The half life is like 11 hours. If that is the case then maybe you need a higher dose, but you gotta give it more time to set in first.

When do you take your medication? Do you take it at the same time each day? Could still be getting side effects from starting the med. Are you still on the same dose you started at?
Thanks, I take it at about 7am. First few days were great. Last few have been so so. I am definitely less sociable I think and still somewhat more anxious than usual. Just waiting it out. I always take it around the same time each day alsrt from the weekends when I wake up later. I am still on 50mg, I started on 50. Today its been a week and a half.

post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 07:46 AM
SAS Member

Just got prescribed prestiq. The first time I went to see a psych. I've been avoiding it for a long time because I don't want to be dependent on meds but my anxiety has been real bad recently.

Not too thrilled about side effects. I asked my dr about alcohol surprisingly he didn't say to me not to drink. He just said that alcohol symptoms are increased so to be careful. Make sure to eat and be wary of driving.

I also am not too happy to learn it kills motivation and can increase nervousness to some extent. I mean I'm taking this medication to negate the impact of anxiety - why would I WANT something that makes me feel nervous? Also a lack of motivation is what I DON'T need because my anxiety increases when I'm not getting work completed on time.

He's starting me off on 25 mg for a week - which I hear is excrutiaingly low dose. The. I'll be on 50 mg for about a month.

I'll be reporting back but I'm not so happy about doing this
post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:46 AM
SAS Member

been on pristiq for a month now for drepression at 50mg. i havnt noticed anything except it makes me sleepy so i take it at night.
post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 03:53 AM
metamorphosis

Language: English, meme lingo
My Mood: Psychedelic
While I was on 50mg of Pristiq, I was, in a nutshell depressed as hell. My doctor raised my dosage to 100mg. I wasn't particularly hopeful as I'd read that Pristiq is not shown to have clinical benefits above the 50mg level. Surprisingly enough, I actually feel quite a bit better at this dose. At least depression wise. The dark cloud over my head has dissipated and in its place is a true blue sky with a few clouds.

The catch? This med seems to have absolute no anxiolytic effect on me whatsoever. I am a little bit more daring to face the anxiety, but the fears themselves are just as bad.

I still consider myself depressed, especially with my anger issues and continuing self harm urges, but I can tolerate this. At least for now.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page