Cymbalta (duloxetine) [SNRI] - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 10:36 PM
SAS Member

I was on this drug for over 6 years. I started at 30 mg and was bumped up to 60 mg. I was taking it for depression, and it worked wonders for a year and a half. I felt very social and happy. The biggest physical side effects I experienced were sweating, weight loss, and I found it challenging to focus.

Once it stopped working my psychologist bumped me up to 90 mg, and added lamictal. That stopped working, so I decided to quit both.

The withdrawal symptoms included nightmares, brain zaps, vertigo, difficult word retrieval, weight gain, ANXIETY, irritability, concentration problems, rapid body temperature changes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 05:33 PM
SAS Member

I am so thankful for cymbalta. I have fibromyagia, as well as GAD, and for me, this is a wonderdrug. It may not work for everybody, but O M G, it's made a world of difference for my pain and depression. as far as anxiety goes, i'm honestly not sure if the cymbalta is helping with that or not as i'm on other meds too. I've stopped using pain killers due to addiction, and stopped benzos as well. I've noticed HUGE improvement in my pain problems!! I started on 30mg like i think 3 years ago and my new psych just raised me to 60mg. I've not noticed any bad side effects other than a little drowsiness when used in combo with my other meds. but cymbalta alone, really doesn't bother me at all. love it.

issues.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 10:36 AM
SAS Member

i've been on cymbalta for two years, the initial side effects lasted about 1-3 months and then vanished. it worked perfectly, kept me from suicidal thoughts, and i made progress trying to move my life forward. however it stopped working this past year and i'm currently weaning off of it. withdrawal is awful - headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, some slurred speech, sudden depressive symptoms and thoughts of suicide, mood swings.. looking forward to getting off of it 100%

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 12:32 PM
SAS Member

I had cymbalta for three days. It was horrible. I felt dizzy and I couldn't stop shaking. I also had a lot of headaches. I felt like I was on Mars or something.

I don't know what I'm doing.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 10:19 AM
An Rí

I'm currently on Cymbalta, and I think it might be helping slightly. Unfortunately, it has the devastating side effect of making me wake up at 5:30 in the morning. I think I'll be trying something else.

"We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction, that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:43 AM
SAS Member

Language: Italian, English
My Mood: Stressed
I got prescribed Cymbalta after switching it with Prozac and even though the side effects were slightly less severe, I still experienced no improvement on my mood. I also got it prescribed for neuropathic pain but saw no difference on a physical level. I am now off it as well and I've had a HORRIBLE withdrawal syndrome with extreme drowsiness, headaches, and such, I'm doing slightly better now but I'm yet to find a molecule that works well with my depressive-like symptoms (along with my physical symptoms).

«But the thing that girls know best, is that glitter covers all the ugliness
And they know one thing above all the rest
Sparkle covers evilness
Shimmer covers all the mess
Glitter covers darkness»
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page