Windows Media Player freezes up now - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Windows Media Player freezes up now

Anybody have any idea? Maybe I should reinstall it? It's my preferred program to use. I using hate iTunes. I can't even load my library into it, it seems. It only has a certain amount of songs in it... not everything in my main music folder. I imported my music folder into it but it doesn't seem like they are there.

Also, I have a question about iTunes. I have My Shared Folder in my C drive. That's where my music is. But iTunes has it's own library with a lot of the songs in My Shared Folder. I guess every single time a new song is opened in iTunes, it copies it into the iTunes folder? What's going on? It's really confusing. I don't want dual copies of anything on my computer. I'm thinking of uninstalling it and just using WinAmp for now on, like I did a long time ago. I don't know, the more I think about this stuff the more confusing it is. I just want to listen to music, but not on iTunes... ever.

And another thing... Firefox. Ever since the update it freezes all of the time, even while I was typing this. Sure, it has that restore feature, but f--- that. I don't want my browser to freeze up. In fact, I can almost predict when it's going to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 02:49 AM
Retired Enforcer

What version of Media Player. If you've updated to MP 11 it seems to use a lot of memory. I had it at work and my PC had 1gb of ram. It was slow to respond. I went back to using 10.

I just checked My iTunes and it just looks at the music in it's original location . It does create a library but that is si,ply a database with all the music and file information in it. I believe that there are some file formats that won't play on an iPod so won't show up in iTunes

It is ironic, how often one comes across an atheist with a "holier than thou" attitude.
---Novius---
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

re: Windows Media Player freezes up now

Yeah, I do have 11. I think I will go back to 10.

I've also heard about people going back to Firefox 1.5 because of the problems with the latest version.

Thanks for clarifying the iTunes thing, too.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page