What videogames are you looking forward to? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 08:14 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansi View Post
Played Prime 1. That was amazing game! Missed out on the rest though. Also played a 3D Metroid game on my Nintendo DS (forgot the name) (on that duel screen handheld ) and was very impressed that they could pull off a 3D Metroid game with the controls of that device lol. There was multiplayer too I believe which is crazy to think about now a days lol.

I beat Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and I highly suggest playing both of them to the end. I could only beat them on normal mode, but Metroid Prime is possibly the best remake every for a classic game and Metroid Prime 2 is one of the best sequels ever made, tougher game and a lot of backtracking and can get very confusing so you will need a guide. I think you mean Metroid Prime Hunters for Nintendo DS, it was a terrible game. Graphics and control
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 08:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
Me too. I mostly play retro games nowadays, like arcade, nes, snes, and modern retro like games like Axiom Verge or Hyperlight Drifter for example. And also a lot of old PC games that can be modded. I still play Doom and Quake 1&2 because there's so many modification, i could probably still find new ones to try out on my death bed roughly 40 years from now. And some of them can rival and surpass any fps shooter coming out today, and they're free on top of that. Heck, there's a Sonic doom wad that is better than any sonic games Sega has put out in years lol.

Anyway, new games/consoles just have no appeal to me whatsoever unless it's a series i like already or it's retro looking.
I agree but I would not play SNES or Genesis much as i think that generation was very overhyped. I have beaten 49 NES games and there are so many great 2-D platformers on NES it is ridiculous. Arcade i dunno, I have been to retro arcades which are awesome but I dunno if you mean emulating arcade games? I never played Doom or the Quake games but i think Half Life 1 and Red Faction are the best FPS's ever, and Timesplitters 2 is also very good. There are great portable games that are newer like PSP games or Nintendo DS or 3DS games that are excellent, I have not played the Switch or PS Vita so can't really comment on them.

Yea I have no idea who this new crop of gamers is who are pre-ordering 5 games a month for XBox 980 or PS5 hehe. There are so many gems from classic systems that they are overlooking and have no clue about, they don't have the graphics but gameplay is 1000 times better
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 02:20 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Quote:
There was a few platformers I remember beating that I think back to now and go "wow" lol.. I was crazy.. or somthing. Battletoads, made it to the last level, that was good enough for me lol and later on Earthworm Jim on my Genesis lol. Hard games.

And yea the last Thief game was kinda ****.. never finished it ether, but some of the visuals were nice, thats about it as for Deadly Shadows I never fully beat that one (I plan to ).. I got to the animated cement statue guys level and something happened.. some life stuff I think and I left the game lol.. and the cradle level scared the hell out of me a few times, later on I would learn it had some legendary status among gamers, cool

That Core Decay looks similar to Deus Ex yea.. rpg'ness and multiple paths. Hopefully the story will be good

Back in the day I only ever played Neverwinter Nights in singleplayer lol.. I Didn't explore the multiplayer persistent worlds at the time. But I think the biggest thing is I didn't really explore all the character builds. I stuck with a barbarian I think lol.. that made the game super boring for some reason I was stubborn back then lol
haha well making it to the last level in toads is a feat lmao. I can still beat both games on Nes and Snes, but i practice quite a bit sometimes. I like to play the hard games from back in the hay days. I'm trying to finish the Ghouls n Ghost arcade version right now and it's making me boil.

I remember some of those persistent world in Neverwinter. I played the Lord of the ring one quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disheveled and Lost View Post
I agree but I would not play SNES or Genesis much as i think that generation was very overhyped. I have beaten 49 NES games and there are so many great 2-D platformers on NES it is ridiculous. Arcade i dunno, I have been to retro arcades which are awesome but I dunno if you mean emulating arcade games? I never played Doom or the Quake games but i think Half Life 1 and Red Faction are the best FPS's ever, and Timesplitters 2 is also very good. There are great portable games that are newer like PSP games or Nintendo DS or 3DS games that are excellent, I have not played the Switch or PS Vita so can't really comment on them.

Yea I have no idea who this new crop of gamers is who are pre-ordering 5 games a month for XBox 980 or PS5 hehe. There are so many gems from classic systems that they are overlooking and have no clue about, they don't have the graphics but gameplay is 1000 times better
Yes i agree that snes is overrated, not in the sense that it's not really that good because it's an amazing system with a ton of good games, but more in the sense of it getting too popular cause of those retro gamers getting into it+ the sega vs nintendo feud. It's a bit like anime that is somewhat ruined by weebs. Anyway, it's a tie for me with Nes and Snes. They both have amazing games and they never get old to play.

And i meant Arcade emulation on Mame and NeoGeo
There's some pretty sweet arcades out there and i love the fighting games versions on arcade better than home consoles, like Killer instinct, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Also those beat em ups that i love so much.

Red Faction 1 was god good with its destructible environment. I had a lot of fun with that and it was a good fps game too. Havent played much of it after that until the last one they made that's like GTA on mars with everything destructible.

You should give the old doom and quake a shot. They're amazing games. Even in the vanilla form they're fun to play but you can also upgrade them a bit with something like Zdoom and Quake 1.5. Definitely worth your time.

I never got to play Timesplitter much, but people mention the series often. I guess i missed out lol.

What is a man?

post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Yea well the problem is that for a Playstation 1 game, it might cost around 1 million dollars to make a game, and you might have a team of 5 or 10 people. For a Playstation 2 game, it might cost 20 million to make the game and you need a team of 50-100 people to make it. It is a much bigger risk, so no one making a PS2 game will want to take risks to be innovative, because too much money on the line. It is much easier for the Next Gen systems to make another Call of Duty clone with amazing graphics and cutscenes than to try to make an original game with replay value, a decent single player campaign. For PS1, games like Tomb Raider, Syphon Filter, Medal of Honor, Crash Bandicoot, and Resident Evil all broke a lot of ground, and they had tiny budgets and small teams creating that magic. For anything PS3 and more recent, there are no more groundbreaking games and the cost of production is so huge that everyone wants to play it safe.

I think Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was maybe the last great big-budget game for a console around 2005. It was the end of PS2's run and PS3 was right around the corner. You thought the games would get better and better, and PS3's graphics were blah on most games and the gameplay was overall nowhere near the brilliance of PS1 and PS2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 i thought was one of the most overrated generic overhyped games ever and that was a turning point because the game made like a billion dollars and so did at least 3 or 4 sequels to it. Showed that generic hand-holding games that would appeal to a complete moron were now the standard
I suppose its kind of cool and telling that remakes seem to get a big reception now a days (remakes of older material, not this newer stuff lol). The niche period of older times was so nice!! So full of pioneering new things.

..and then there was the rise of mobile games lol.. that still kinda creeps me out to this day :/ Also remember a former Bioware employee mentioning that many games were born from market research today rather then any creative ideas, this of course was from the era of EA's ownership of Bioware etc.

Quote:
I beat Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and I highly suggest playing both of them to the end. I could only beat them on normal mode, but Metroid Prime is possibly the best remake every for a classic game and Metroid Prime 2 is one of the best sequels ever made, tougher game and a lot of backtracking and can get very confusing so you will need a guide. I think you mean Metroid Prime Hunters for Nintendo DS, it was a terrible game. Graphics and control
I played Prime 1 on an emulator. I remember it being particularly tricky to get my controller buttons setup. It was my first try at getting the emulator working so was slow to get going, I forget what the emulator was called :/ but yea it was still fun, after that I was gonna try Zelda Twilight Princes I think but I never got that far lol.. as for that DS Metroid yea I forget playing it lol.. I just remember how crazy the controls were.. I think I was hoping for a Metroid Prime on my DS.. lol
post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 08:25 AM
(Ursus domesticus)

Language: Transatlantic english
My Mood: Sleepy
My wishlist, not all new

Starbound

The Long Dark

Frostpunk

Songbringer

Steep™

Gravity Sketch ... That's not a game

The Snowboard Game

Scythe: Digital Edition

STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer... why not emulate?

PC Building Simulator

Subnautica: Below Zero

Space Engineers

Trailmakers

Medieval Engineers

Noita

Subverse

Terra Incognito - Antarctica 1911

Rise of the Tomb Raider™

Elite Dangerous

I have not been into steam games lately really. I may play Pulsar Lost Colony properly at some point, a sort of cooperative Star Trek bridge, ship, and away team simulation game. I was going to play it with someone I was getting to know and they got really weird and negative about it and their life or something. That was an interesting time.
post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 08:57 AM
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
My wishlist, not all new

PC Building Simulator

Elite Dangerous

There's a humble bundle deal right now that has these two games included for roughly 20$

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/s...n=tile_index_1

The Long Dark is a good survival game. At least it got a full release lol.

What is a man?
post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 09:58 AM
(Ursus domesticus)

Quote:
There's a humble bundle deal right now that has these two games included for roughly 20$

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/s...n=tile_index_1

The Long Dark is a good survival game. At least it got a full release lol.
Thanks yea that game seemed pretty good
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
My wishlist, not all new

Starbound

The Long Dark

Frostpunk

Songbringer

Steep™

Gravity Sketch ... That's not a game

The Snowboard Game

Scythe: Digital Edition

STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer... why not emulate?

PC Building Simulator

Subnautica: Below Zero

Space Engineers

Trailmakers

Medieval Engineers

Noita

Subverse

Terra Incognito - Antarctica 1911

Rise of the Tomb Raider™

Elite Dangerous

I have not been into steam games lately really. I may play Pulsar Lost Colony properly at some point, a sort of cooperative Star Trek bridge, ship, and away team simulation game. I was going to play it with someone I was getting to know and they got really weird and negative about it and their life or something. That was an interesting time.
That gravity sketch looks awesome lol.. Crazy cool. I never thought that 3D modeling could be done so well with VR. Looks almost easier then modeling in a standard software tool like maya or blender.

Noita has been on my list too, I'm excited by the modding, haven't looked at the game for a while though.. Waiting on full release I guess. I kinda wish there could be multiplayer lolol that would be the ultimate craziness

Elite Dangerous is a mixed bag. It looks and sounds incredible.. Super immersive but the gameplay is.. Well alot of people say its shallow lol.. I guess it is.. More just a design philosophy around the whole game, you have to get used to it I guess. Basically its a simulation of going to work lol.. In space.. In the far future boring and fun at the same time. If you have the imagination to sort of roleplay along with the game as you play it then its probably for you.. Also the next expansion is coming out soon next year, Odyssey.. You probably heard of it. Im sort of looking forward to learning and seeing more even though I grow tired of the base game ;D

I heard of Pulsar Lost Colony quite a while ago. Now that I relook at the current screenshots it looks like it's come a long way since it first debuted in early access. Interesting -- EDIT: I guess you can have bots fill in the missing roles, or whatnot. Yea I see their are 5 roles to fill.. I wonder how it plays with less people.
post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 11:44 AM
(Ursus domesticus)

Quote:
That gravity sketch looks awesome lol.. Crazy cool. I never thought that 3D modeling could be done so well with VR. Looks almost easier then modeling in a standard software tool like maya or blender.

Noita has been on my list too, I'm excited by the modding, haven't looked at the game for a while though.. Waiting on full release I guess. I kinda wish there could be multiplayer lolol that would be the ultimate craziness

Elite Dangerous is a mixed bag. It looks and sounds incredible.. Super immersive but the gameplay is.. Well alot of people say its shallow lol.. I guess it is.. More just a design philosophy around the whole game, you have to get used to it I guess. Basically its a simulation of going to work lol.. In space.. In the far future boring and fun at the same time. If you have the imagination to sort of roleplay along with the game as you play it then its probably for you.. Also the next expansion is coming out soon next year, Odyssey.. You probably heard of it. Im sort of looking forward to learning and seeing more even though I grow tired of the base game ;D

I heard of Pulsar Lost Colony quite a while ago. Now that I relook at the current screenshots it looks like it's come a long way since it first debuted in early access. Interesting -- EDIT: I guess you can have bots fill in the missing roles, or whatnot. Yea I see their are 5 roles to fill.. I wonder how it plays with less people.
Sure yeah there's also this app and some other nice apps on iPad, not so much for android that I have liked except for organic sculpting a bit. There are some for iPads where you can do quick sketching or you can create shapes with pen strokes. It would be interesting to do it that way I'm pretty used to using hotkeys in a sort of detached fashion. There used to be one called 123 sculpt but they discontinued it.

Multiplayer would be good in a pixel physics game I guess that could almost be like the scorched earth games where you have two tanks and it's destroying the land around you or I guess like Worms a bit?

I did see some review saying that the gameplay was repetitive for elite dangerous I think what most attracted to me that game was the voice packs and voice control. Some seem to require external software. I could get into using the voice packs without having to use Star Citizen for that sort of thing maybe. Some of it was funny like there was one guy going right up to a sun and then it was saying the temperature was exceeding acceptable levels or something, maybe you've got those warnings?

The art has improved in Pulsar Lost Colony I thought the UI was a bit uninspired or hastily made on the consoles but I should try it again. I tried it with bots but I sort of want the feeling of star trek LARPing. And then of course there's the bridge simulator with the recent film style for Star Trek that seemed fun in videos.
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Sure yeah there's also this app and some other nice apps on iPad, not so much for android that I have liked except for organic sculpting a bit. There are some for iPads where you can do quick sketching or you can create shapes with pen strokes. It would be interesting to do it that way I'm pretty used to using hotkeys in a sort of detached fashion. There used to be one called 123 sculpt but they discontinued it.

Multiplayer would be good in a pixel physics game I guess that could almost be like the scorched earth games where you have two tanks and it's destroying the land around you or I guess like Worms a bit?

I did see some review saying that the gameplay was repetitive for elite dangerous I think what most attracted to me that game was the voice packs and voice control. Some seem to require external software. I could get into using the voice packs without having to use Star Citizen for that sort of thing maybe. Some of it was funny like there was one guy going right up to a sun and then it was saying the temperature was exceeding acceptable levels or something, maybe you've got those warnings?

The art has improved in Pulsar Lost Colony I thought the UI was a bit uninspired or hastily made on the consoles but I should try it again. I tried it with bots but I sort of want the feeling of star trek LARPing. And then of course there's the bridge simulator with the recent film style for Star Trek that seemed fun in videos.
Ahh I didn't know such a thing existed with pen strokes based modeling, cool. I'll have to do some google-ling I use a pen-tablet in Zbrush (an organic sculpting app) so I'll have to take a closer look.

and yea that Noita in multiplayer could resemble worms lol.. but also just co-op'ing against all the enemy's with a friend would be crazy too lol I can kinda see it in my mind already lol

Yea I remember a youtuber I follow reviewing different voice packs for Elite.. and I think one of them was of Data (the actor from Startrek Next Generation) doing all sorts of fun stuff for different areas of space, anomaly's and such (as you travel around). Also saw someone almost crash their ship in the station with voice control enabled lol funny. Yea and the sound in Elite Dangerous is just phenomenal.. everything from voice telling you your going to jump to new system, to the engine sounds, to just the ambiance of being landed at stations, its all top quality stuff Iv never heard in any other game since.. though I haven't jumped into Star Citizen yet Maybe someday.. I'm kinda waiting on the whole simulation of the universe for Star Citizen I guess, then getting into pirating and stuff like that fun fun

That Startrek Bridge Crew looked alright.. but I get the feeling that Pulsar is better, with alot more going on, more features and such.
post #51 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 04:43 AM
(Ursus domesticus)

Quote:
Ahh I didn't know such a thing existed with pen strokes based modeling, cool. I'll have to do some google-ling I use a pen-tablet in Zbrush (an organic sculpting app) so I'll have to take a closer look.

and yea that Noita in multiplayer could resemble worms lol.. but also just co-op'ing against all the enemy's with a friend would be crazy too lol I can kinda see it in my mind already lol

Yea I remember a youtuber I follow reviewing different voice packs for Elite.. and I think one of them was of Data (the actor from Startrek Next Generation) doing all sorts of fun stuff for different areas of space, anomaly's and such (as you travel around). Also saw someone almost crash their ship in the station with voice control enabled lol funny. Yea and the sound in Elite Dangerous is just phenomenal.. everything from voice telling you your going to jump to new system, to the engine sounds, to just the ambiance of being landed at stations, its all top quality stuff Iv never heard in any other game since.. though I haven't jumped into Star Citizen yet Maybe someday.. I'm kinda waiting on the whole simulation of the universe for Star Citizen I guess, then getting into pirating and stuff like that fun fun

That Startrek Bridge Crew looked alright.. but I get the feeling that Pulsar is better, with alot more going on, more features and such.
I haven't used that program in a while but it's very nice.

Space sims have come along way I remember playing X2 and fast forwarding time to get to a wormhole, and still thinking it was too slow but that was part of the atmosphere of it as well I guess. Maybe comparable to games where it's almost like a walking sim and just enjoying having the chance encounters.

I'm fairly sure that you can't go off of the bridge in Bridge Crew but idk

(Protector, Gentle) -> Assertive
post #52 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 09:30 AM
uggla

ELDEN RING :<
Demon's souls remake
Black myth: Wukong
Darkest dungeon 2
A new Monster hunter
Hollow knight Silksong
The elder scrolls 6
Solar Ash Kingdom

that's what she said
post #53 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 02:45 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by probably offline View Post
Black myth: Wukong
Does that game ever look good or what? You can tell it's quality and love when into this one. If they can keep that up until the game is done, it'll be one sweet game.

What is a man?
post #54 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I haven't used that program in a while but it's very nice.

Space sims have come along way I remember playing X2 and fast forwarding time to get to a wormhole, and still thinking it was too slow but that was part of the atmosphere of it as well I guess. Maybe comparable to games where it's almost like a walking sim and just enjoying having the chance encounters.

I'm fairly sure that you can't go off of the bridge in Bridge Crew but idk
I remember when first playing Morrowind and I was kinda like "yea this is SLOW" but realized that I could upgrade my speed skill lol. Somehow it sunk in with me that the speed of traversing was immersive, plus the game was sorta ahead on the visuals at the time. I played X2 yea.. or rather I dabbled in it lol. I was one of those people that never really got deep into the gameplay.. but I thought the level of simulation was just awesome.

Didn't know you could leave the bridge in Bridge Crew.. also I think they made it run without VR headset somewhere along the line (some update I think?). Sorta got interested with the Next Generation addon. Never got deep into the original Startrek series lol
post #55 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
haha well making it to the last level in toads is a feat lmao. I can still beat both games on Nes and Snes, but i practice quite a bit sometimes. I like to play the hard games from back in the hay days. I'm trying to finish the Ghouls n Ghost arcade version right now and it's making me boil.

I remember some of those persistent world in Neverwinter. I played the Lord of the ring one quite a bit.
The 3rd level (I think?) of Battletoads was probably harder then the whole game lol.. all I remember is having flinching movements with my controller like a god!!.. The hoverbike section was just.. lol too hard!!

Also you got me interested in exploring arcade emulators. I have been dreaming back to when I played Samurai Showdown 1.. where the screen zooms in and out as you move closer and farther away from your opponent. I'm not sure what emulator to start with, nor what arcade games are called in the emulator world. (also played the console version later, forget what console lol, but their was no crazy zooming effect.. I need that!! )

..and with Neverwinter Nights I have the Diamond version as well (it came with the purchase of the enhanced edition, for free ). I haven't played with it so not sure how the multiplayer functions.. if it still does etc. Anyways thought I'd mention if you ever boot it up and are looking for someone to adventure with I'm open
post #56 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 10:58 AM
(Ursus domesticus)

Quote:
I remember when first playing Morrowind and I was kinda like "yea this is SLOW" but realized that I could upgrade my speed skill lol. Somehow it sunk in with me that the speed of traversing was immersive, plus the game was sorta ahead on the visuals at the time. I played X2 yea.. or rather I dabbled in it lol. I was one of those people that never really got deep into the gameplay.. but I thought the level of simulation was just awesome.

Didn't know you could leave the bridge in Bridge Crew.. also I think they made it run without VR headset somewhere along the line (some update I think?). Sorta got interested with the Next Generation addon. Never got deep into the original Startrek series lol
I was thinking about that too after a while, thinking about levelling up the alchemy skill as well. Finding nothing of use at first. I was thinking of trying to play Morrowind in the OpenMW thing but I didn't want to get into it. It would be amazing in some future year to play Skyrim in a future version of that, if they ever do that. Stability and more features, better multiplayer. (I was going to try the multiplayer mod and got everything ready for it but then I thought of everyone mucking around in the console so I didn't try it.) I also think about how at some point it might be more fun just to play with a different game or engine that can do more anyway. Or the next game. Or I guess the nostalgia of it could be nice, or it could be nice to go back to all the nice expansive mods people are making now. I’m burnt out on modding it now I guess, a bit like doing hl2 mods too much before that.

TNG definably sells the bridge game for me as well, I forgot they did that. I used to watch the original when I was very young but I like TNG a lot more. We used to pretend to be on DS9 as well as Voyager when I was a kid, play stuff out. Our ship just had to have a totally different name and everything was a little bit different, almost like a precursor to the film differences. I loved Picard series so far though but I wanted to see more of a proper ship post-TNG being occupied by people.

(Protector, Gentle) -> Assertive
post #57 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 05:59 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
The 3rd level (I think?) of Battletoads was probably harder then the whole game lol.. all I remember is having flinching movements with my controller like a god!!.. The hoverbike section was just.. lol too hard!!
Yes the Turbo Tunnel is tough but I wouldn't say it's the toughest. The plane one is just as hard. and some later levels can give your lives a hard hit because of awkward controls lol.

Btw this is me finishing turbo tunnel with no deaths. I'm so used to that level, i rarely die now. I die more on the super Nintendo Battletoads turbo tunnel cause i havent played it as much.

Quote:
Also you got me interested in exploring arcade emulators. I have been dreaming back to when I played Samurai Showdown 1.. where the screen zooms in and out as you move closer and farther away from your opponent. I'm not sure what emulator to start with, nor what arcade games are called in the emulator world. (also played the console version later, forget what console lol, but their was no crazy zooming effect.. I need that!! )
Do you mean King of Fighters, when the old games let you jump between two 2d planes to fight? I always found that fun. If you want to get your mind blown a bit, check out an old arcade beat em up called Arabian Fight. Its kind of a visually impressive beat em up with awesome screen scrolling. Def worth a look see. Check out the special attacks and when enemies pop in your screen to jump in and fight your character. It's a shame the game is a bit dull to play.

Samurai Showdown is a damn good fighting game series. Has fatalities too kind of when you do certain attacks. Samurai Showdown IV is one of my favorite fighting game. The music and atmosphere and graphics are so nice.

And if you want to play arcade games, well there's the Mame emulator but i always found it a bit awkward to use because there's so many versions i'm not quite sure what to do half the time. But i got a nice rom site that has good legit roms.

If you just want to play NeoGeo games, you can use Neorage X. It works very well and runs all their games. Thats what i used before.

And if you want to play Street fighter or the capcom games WinKawaks works very very well and is easy to set up and play. Also Winkawaks works for NeoGeo game as well.

Mame is the most complicated but it will play everything from NeoGeo, Capcom and all kinds of arcades cabinet. You can even play those old lightgun games like house of the dead. Those are always fun lol.

Let me know if you need help, i can even send you some roms i have and my mame version.

Quote:
..and with Neverwinter Nights I have the Diamond version as well (it came with the purchase of the enhanced edition, for free ). I haven't played with it so not sure how the multiplayer functions.. if it still does etc. Anyways thought I'd mention if you ever boot it up and are looking for someone to adventure with I'm open
That would be real nice. I'll think about it. If i pass on the new Path of Exile season starting soon, maybe ill pull out the old Neverwinter nights. haha.

What is a man?
post #58 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I was thinking about that too after a while, thinking about levelling up the alchemy skill as well. Finding nothing of use at first. I was thinking of trying to play Morrowind in the OpenMW thing but I didn't want to get into it. It would be amazing in some future year to play Skyrim in a future version of that, if they ever do that. Stability and more features, better multiplayer. (I was going to try the multiplayer mod and got everything ready for it but then I thought of everyone mucking around in the console so I didn't try it.) I also think about how at some point it might be more fun just to play with a different game or engine that can do more anyway. Or the next game. Or I guess the nostalgia of it could be nice, or it could be nice to go back to all the nice expansive mods people are making now. I’m burnt out on modding it now I guess, a bit like doing hl2 mods too much before that.

TNG definably sells the bridge game for me as well, I forgot they did that. I used to watch the original when I was very young but I like TNG a lot more. We used to pretend to be on DS9 as well as Voyager when I was a kid, play stuff out. Our ship just had to have a totally different name and everything was a little bit different, almost like a precursor to the film differences. I loved Picard series so far though but I wanted to see more of a proper ship post-TNG being occupied by people.
You did modding? Cool! I never really got into modding much, I remember making a small mod for myself in Elder Scrolls Oblivion to make the arrows never disappear upon baddies you shoot, and it worked!! But that was easy, but helpful Most the time I just skim through modding tools for games and see how difficult I'd assume it to be lol. Some games are alot easier to mod then others, some modding tools are sort of awesome.

As for Skyrim I lost track of what happened to that Multiplayer mod, at one point I thought their were two separate mods trying to do similar things? I think? Some of the graphics mods are nice to look at in youtubes but last I checked they were hard to install (this was years ago though lol)

I assume it must be alot of fun to play one of those starship bridge simulators but I as of yet have not really played one hands on, just watched youtubes, I can see it being a pretty awesome experience though. I think their was one game called Hellion I was eyeing for a while.. it was this survival game in space where you could put together your own space station. Now that I look at the steam page again it says the development has ended lol oh well. It looked pretty cool. It was all in first person Here's the steam page if your wondering whats what https://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/HELLION/
post #59 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Yes the Turbo Tunnel is tough but I wouldn't say it's the toughest. The plane one is just as hard. and some later levels can give your lives a hard hit because of awkward controls lol.

Btw this is me finishing turbo tunnel with no deaths. I'm so used to that level, i rarely die now. I die more on the super Nintendo Battletoads turbo tunnel cause i havent played it as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ff_...pticcomingsoon

Do you mean King of Fighters, when the old games let you jump between two 2d planes to fight? I always found that fun. If you want to get your mind blown a bit, check out an old arcade beat em up called Arabian Fight. Its kind of a visually impressive beat em up with awesome screen scrolling. Def worth a look see. Check out the special attacks and when enemies pop in your screen to jump in and fight your character. It's a shame the game is a bit dull to play.

Samurai Showdown is a damn good fighting game series. Has fatalities too kind of when you do certain attacks. Samurai Showdown IV is one of my favorite fighting game. The music and atmosphere and graphics are so nice.

And if you want to play arcade games, well there's the Mame emulator but i always found it a bit awkward to use because there's so many versions i'm not quite sure what to do half the time. But i got a nice rom site that has good legit roms.

If you just want to play NeoGeo games, you can use Neorage X. It works very well and runs all their games. Thats what i used before.

And if you want to play Street fighter or the capcom games WinKawaks works very very well and is easy to set up and play. Also Winkawaks works for NeoGeo game as well.

Mame is the most complicated but it will play everything from NeoGeo, Capcom and all kinds of arcades cabinet. You can even play those old lightgun games like house of the dead. Those are always fun lol.

Let me know if you need help, i can even send you some roms i have and my mame version.

That would be real nice. I'll think about it. If i pass on the new Path of Exile season starting soon, maybe ill pull out the old Neverwinter nights. haha.
I remember being stuck on the turbo tunnel level in Battle Toads for a long time.. longer then any other part of the game (I believe). After I got my skills up the rest of the game was a bit easier, at least I remember sort of that way :P -- Also added your youtube page to my rss feed app I'll take a closer look soon, but thats cool you keep you skills up after all this time. I would rather watch a lets-play now a days of those harder games :P Iv become a casual player I think, over the years.. well in some form.

With Samurai Showdown I remember this character with a metal claw hand or something. Kinda reminded me of Blanka from Street Fighter games. I'm pretty sure it was the first Samurai Showdown, I never really mastered it, mostly just mashed buttons against my friend.. this was a long time ago though (I forget :P). But yea the screen would literally zoom in and out with your attacks lol.. it made the game so awesome, I guess its that feeling you never quite know if your hit will land and the crazy zooming of the screen would make your heart trip lol.

With arcade emulators yea the name I forgot was that of "Mame". I guess I'll start with mame even though you mention it being complex. I think Samurai Showdown was on NeoGeo too but not sure how different it is from the arcade version, I'll have to take a look

I was also thinking of Mortal Kombat.. maybe the first one in the arcades as thats all I remember, maybe Street Fight 2 as well.

Now that I'm stirring my nostalgia pot lol I might jump back into the Nintendo scene.. I forget what console goes with what games though. I want to try Zelda Twilight Princess and Zelda Wind Waker (I think their called).. are those games all on same console? I should know this lol but my memory's fuzzy.

For now I'll take a shot at finding the roms I need, but if I get stuck I'll ask you what the best place is for all that, mostly just the games Iv mentioned in this post.. lol until I find/remember more as I search

EDIT: Also Path of Exile is getting a sequel. Have you seen that? I haven't read up on much of it yet, it looks like Diablo 4 and Path of Exile 2 will be fighting it out lol.. with similar feel.. I think? Anyhows I still prefer Diablo 2 as my ultimate go to arpg ;D. Path is pretty good though.. the dungeons and caves are just awesome, the lighting and mood is perfect!
post #60 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 01:40 PM
uggla

Quote:
Does that game ever look good or what? You can tell it's quality and love when into this one. If they can keep that up until the game is done, it'll be one sweet game.
Yeah I'm really curious about it. I hope the combat is as good as it looks :3

that's what she said

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page