What videogames are you looking forward to? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

What videogames are you looking forward to?

Well first off I am sick of gaming lol.. well almost. The industry has kind of bored me to death past few years, triple A games have little interest to me and its hard to find those indie gems with the swamp of titles that come out everyday.

BUT..

I have a few titles that loom in my mind (below)..

BUT.. also what titles are you interested in for the future? Tell us a bit about them and why you got your eye on them etc.

First up is a title that's already release on steam in early access.. but its not done yet and .. not at the level I want to explore yet :/ But its awesome anyways :P

Low Magic Age https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...Low_Magic_Age/

Its an RPG with D&D combat rules, 3.5 edition I think.. or close to anyways. but its opensource rules.. I don't know the full history but its fun to play. Reminds me of the old SSI Goldbox rpg's. I never got deep into any of those titles but I do remember the combat . Anyhows the other part of the game is the overmap exploration that sort of reminds me of Mount and Blade, though I'm not sure if it will measure up to that, I haven't played Low Magic Age to see if thats the case :/ another huge thing to note is that SUPPOSEDLY their will be modding support to create your own story based module/campaigns. This is the kind of gold I am after in gaming now a days I wont ramble to long about this feature cause still not sure how it will turn out.. but I'm excited lol

Xenonauts 2 https://store.steampowered.com/app/538030/Xenonauts_2/

I sorta liked the first in the series. Also loved X-com way back in the 90's as well as the Firaxis reboot. The 90's x-com is what this Xenonauts is based on and the sequel more loosely. I sort of disliked the first because the generated maps are stuck together in segments sort of.. walled off by indestructible bushes.. which really killed the immersion for me. This sequel seems to have a much more awesome map generator for missions. I wont talk about what this games about as its basically x-com but new lol. If you never heard of x-com then.. explore

Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...of_the_Fallen/

This one is similar in some ways to Low Magic Age in that it uses D&D open-sourced rules. The graphics are better and it.. well.. it looks awesome (Iv said this word too many times today). The modding looks more intense then in Low Magic Age too. Not sure if making a whole new campaign is possible (maybe too much work) but it looks nice. I'm not sure what to say about this one except that I like the Hex based combat, minor thing but eh.. I like

I'll probably add a few more titles later but these are the creme de la crem of my dreams for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 07:50 AM
Fupa King

Language: English
Elden Ring (never gonna come out), Demon's Souls remake, Age of Empires 4, new Stalker game (apparently), Cyberpunk 2077. Can't really think of much else. Maybe it's just that I've played video games for so long that I don't feel video games can offer fresh material, or that every AAA game is always following whatever genre is popular at the time, but there isn't much I get excited for anymore. Open world games, FPS, and third person action games, most with hyper-realistic art styles have become the standard.

Life's Wack
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 09:25 AM
Temporarily Banned

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Paralives. I made a thread about it:

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...lives-2229977/

I'm hoping Cyberpunk 2077 will be good too. I'd like to play the new Final Fantasy VII remake, but I'll have to wait for it to come out on PC. I'm not in a rush anyway though.

But in terms of proper excitement just Paralives probably, because The Sims series has gone down hill in most respects. I haven't been really excited about a game since Skyrim.

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donistired View Post
Elden Ring (never gonna come out), Demon's Souls remake, Age of Empires 4, new Stalker game (apparently), Cyberpunk 2077. Can't really think of much else. Maybe it's just that I've played video games for so long that I don't feel video games can offer fresh material, or that every AAA game is always following whatever genre is popular at the time, but there isn't much I get excited for anymore. Open world games, FPS, and third person action games, most with hyper-realistic art styles have become the standard.
I think with Cyberpunk 2077 it will be the style it has.. in storytelling and world building, even more then the visual and simulation of the city. Im kinda hoping this is the case.

I'm a little surprised at this new push of RTS's. I thought they were dead lol. For me I feel the prime of RTS was Dawn of War 1 and Company of Heroes.. of course theirs Starcraft in their somewhere lol but I'm surprised this sort of thing is coming back big time. Also Relic I believe is the dev team behind Age of Empires 4.. but its not really their type of game. Hope they don't mess it up like Dawn of War 3 :/

A new stalker game would be nice but I am weary of the new devs, lets wait and see. I sorta hope they go full on open world as that's the initial thing the original devs were going for with the original (I believe) but ran out of time/money

I never really got sold on souls games, so not much for me interest wise.. but variety of game types out their is always a good thing.
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostWords View Post
Rocket League going free to play because I don't have a credit card so digital purchases are a no go for me.
Yea one of the nice things about steam is the amount of fairly decent free to play games available now. It takes a bit of searching but with a friend you can have some amazing times without spending anything.. which is not the way it always was lol
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Paralives. I made a thread about it:

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...lives-2229977/

I'm hoping Cyberpunk 2077 will be good too. I'd like to play the new Final Fantasy VII remake, but I'll have to wait for it to come out on PC. I'm not in a rush anyway though.

But in terms of proper excitement just Paralives probably, because The Sims series has gone down hill in most respects. I haven't been really excited about a game since Skyrim.
Yea Skyrim was sort sort of pinnacle I think. But at the time I remember feeling sort of underwhelmed by the trailers and reviews.. mostly cause it didn't take huge steps from Oblivion. Still played for ages though lol, yea its good.

I remember trying out Sims 3 because I was sort of.. impressed at the level of simulation going on over the grand scale of a whole town.. in realtime or something. Maybe it was somehow faked this way or some such, I don't know :/
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 02:58 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
Nothing at all, really. The AAA industry is loathsome these days, I'm pickier than ever when it comes to game mechanics, I get bored to tears from having to read more than a couple paragraphs' worth of story at a time, and I get triggered by pretty much anything having to do with sex/gender nowadays, to the point where it spoils my fun and takes me out of the game. So I'm basically limited to very specific strategy games and roguelikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansi View Post
First one's pretty good, but the air combat aspect is way too demanding. Every playthrough I tried with the unmodded game ended badly because I couldn't keep up in the air war. And it's not like I was ignoring research, but it was like you have to make it your top priority in research and funding. My game with the Community Edition went much better.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 06:51 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Stalker 2

Cyberpunk 2077

Elden Ring

System Shock remake

Serious Sam 4

Graven

The industry is pretty ****ty right now so i'm not expecting anything much. But we'll see. They can go **** themselves with their politics, censorship and woke piece of crap buggy games.

What is a man?
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 11:05 PM
Temporarily Banned

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Yea Skyrim was sort sort of pinnacle I think. But at the time I remember feeling sort of underwhelmed by the trailers and reviews.. mostly cause it didn't take huge steps from Oblivion. Still played for ages though lol, yea its good.

I remember trying out Sims 3 because I was sort of.. impressed at the level of simulation going on over the grand scale of a whole town.. in realtime or something. Maybe it was somehow faked this way or some such, I don't know :/
The Sims 3 was interesting because of the open world, but it was very laggy at times, slow loading times and some bugs (but that's common in large open world games tbf.) The Sims 4 was really a step down though in terms of innovation especially at release and they adopted the business model that most large game companies (and social media,) uses which is based on gambling and also releasing unfinished products to charge people more later on. I'm sure you know if you play any large/popular game or series (pretty much any probably now, since I think almost all of them use this to some extent.) But this is a good video covering it:

(at one point he says something like 'if you've hung around people long enough you'll see this attitude, or something like that and it's true even a decade ago. There are some very ruthless people in the industry.)

(technically they started doing this during the Sims 3 era I actually only started playing The Sims 4 a year ago despite it being several years old now, because they were giving away free copies of the base game.)

Weirdly I actually don't remember trailers for Skyrim. I must have watched them but my memory is blank. I really liked Oblivion so that's why I was excited. The world in Skyrim was a lot smaller but I still really liked it. The expansions were nice too like Dragonborn. Shivering Isles for Oblivion was also a really good expansion. The part where the room turns into butterflies is one of my favourite gaming moments.

Anyway Paralives build tools look a lot better (optional grid finally,) they're also going to have an open world, pets + horses and seasons, cars bikes and house boats at launch

(As someone else brought it up in this thread, as a non-binary person I'm also not keen on how the industry produces complete crap throws in some minority character or a woman, and then try and use us as shields when we're already getting enough **** from people for existing (and he covers that in some other videos I watched recently like in regards to Ubisoft's fake woke thing.))
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 11:24 PM
Fupa King

Language: English
Quote:
I never really got sold on souls games, so not much for me interest wise.. but variety of game types out their is always a good thing.
They take time to get into. Souls games have their own "rules."
Like npc dialogue is player direction, death is a gameplay mechanism/narrative device, odd checkpoint placement means you've missed a shortcut, and exploration is rewarded with important or useful items. They reset video game literacy a little bit, so they're hard to get into, but if you play one souls game to finish, you suddenly know how to play them all.

Life's Wack
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 12:54 AM
😀

Age of Empires III Definitive Edition
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 09:36 AM
SAS Member

Nier remastered, SMT 5, System Shock remake, PSO 2 New Genesis, Demon’s Souls remake, whatever Monolith Soft makes next, and Ura Zelda
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchedEarth View Post
Nothing at all, really. The AAA industry is loathsome these days, I'm pickier than ever when it comes to game mechanics, I get bored to tears from having to read more than a couple paragraphs' worth of story at a time, and I get triggered by pretty much anything having to do with sex/gender nowadays, to the point where it spoils my fun and takes me out of the game. So I'm basically limited to very specific strategy games and roguelikes.

First one's pretty good, but the air combat aspect is way too demanding. Every playthrough I tried with the unmodded game ended badly because I couldn't keep up in the air war. And it's not like I was ignoring research, but it was like you have to make it your top priority in research and funding. My game with the Community Edition went much better.
Yea I heard/noticed that community mod a while back. I never really investigated it enough, but from my initial look it didnt seem that different from vanilla version :/ The modding scene for Xenonauts seems pretty healthy though. I never dove into any mods as I wanted to finish the vanilla game first lol. One mod did stand out to me as something I would give a shot (when I get around to it) is X-Division I think its called. Alot of people seemed to be rooting for this mod at the time.

Also I get this overarching feeling that the development for Xenonauts 2 is taking forever lol. I know they changed a few things from fan feedback of the beta/alpha.. such as how bases work in the game and the overhead part of flying your craft to takedown UFO's and such was drastically altered later in development. Anyhows I just want it!! I dont have beta access so waiting on steam early access release
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
Stalker 2

Cyberpunk 2077

Elden Ring

System Shock remake

Serious Sam 4

Graven

The industry is pretty ****ty right now so i'm not expecting anything much. But we'll see. They can go **** themselves with their politics, censorship and woke piece of crap buggy games.
I heard that the System Shock reboot devs veered off somehow from the main feel of the original.. or some such thing. I cant remember if it was purely visual or actual gameplay change. But they mentioned they were coming back to the base of what the game should feel like, my memorys fuzzy on all this so I might be off with this a bit lol

That Graven game looks cool. Somehow this slipped past my radar.. or their was a name change? Anyhows I'll add to my wish-list, thanks
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
The Sims 3 was interesting because of the open world, but it was very laggy at times, slow loading times and some bugs (but that's common in large open world games tbf.) The Sims 4 was really a step down though in terms of innovation especially at release and they adopted the business model that most large game companies (and social media,) uses which is based on gambling and also releasing unfinished products to charge people more later on. I'm sure you know if you play any large/popular game or series (pretty much any probably now, since I think almost all of them use this to some extent.) But this is a good video covering it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S-DGTBZU14

(at one point he says something like 'if you've hung around people long enough you'll see this attitude, or something like that and it's true even a decade ago. There are some very ruthless people in the industry.)

(technically they started doing this during the Sims 3 era I actually only started playing The Sims 4 a year ago despite it being several years old now, because they were giving away free copies of the base game.)

Weirdly I actually don't remember trailers for Skyrim. I must have watched them but my memory is blank. I really liked Oblivion so that's why I was excited. The world in Skyrim was a lot smaller but I still really liked it. The expansions were nice too like Dragonborn. Shivering Isles for Oblivion was also a really good expansion. The part where the room turns into butterflies is one of my favourite gaming moments.

Anyway Paralives build tools look a lot better (optional grid finally,) they're also going to have an open world, pets + horses and seasons, cars bikes and house boats at launch

(As someone else brought it up in this thread, as a non-binary person I'm also not keen on how the industry produces complete crap throws in some minority character or a woman, and then try and use us as shields when we're already getting enough **** from people for existing (and he covers that in some other videos I watched recently like in regards to Ubisoft's fake woke thing.))
I still remember when Starwars Battlefront 2 was released.. the huge youtuber uprising that seemed to actually put a dent in EA. I believe they (youtubers) sort of had a win.. maybe a small win but I think alot of people took notice. Now a days EA sort of wears this image of greedy arses which is good. Not sure how long that will last, I dont think people will forget though.

Shivering Isles was definitely cool.. lol. I wish their were more voices for all the crazy's though.. could have added alot to that world
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I'd like to play the new Final Fantasy VII remake, but I'll have to wait for it to come out on PC. I'm not in a rush anyway though.
I haven't had a close enough look at the new FF7 game but I guess its a re-imagining rather then some kind of enhanced edition thing. I notice they dont use the turnbased combat of the past game. For some reason I had flashes of Mass Effect behavior of pausing and giving orders to your characters.. but I must be off with that lol.

In the past I was always kind of turned off by the combat in most early Final Fantasy titles, the timed-turnbased affair, so I was surprised by the jump to realtime combat.. though I think the last FF was realtime too. The one with the flying car lol.
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Tauri View Post
Age of Empires III Definitive Edition
Age of Empires 2 still fills me with memorys. The modding scene also was awesome, and now with the enhanced edition or whatever its called on steam .. lol I gotta get back to that. Age of Empires 3 didn't really impress me at the time but I'm not sure what its like now a days with all the addons.
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glue View Post
Nier remastered, SMT 5, System Shock remake, PSO 2 New Genesis, Demonís Souls remake, whatever Monolith Soft makes next, and Ura Zelda
What is this Ura Zelda? from quick google search it looks like some long lost addon to Ocarina of Time.. or somthing?
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 01:39 PM
SAS Member

Language: French/English
Half-Life 3
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 02:10 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Quote:
I heard that the System Shock reboot devs veered off somehow from the main feel of the original.. or some such thing. I cant remember if it was purely visual or actual gameplay change. But they mentioned they were coming back to the base of what the game should feel like, my memorys fuzzy on all this so I might be off with this a bit lol

That Graven game looks cool. Somehow this slipped past my radar.. or their was a name change? Anyhows I'll add to my wish-list, thanks
I'm just happy System Shock remake will come out at all since it was kind of cancelled at one point and apparently System Shock 3 as well so there goes my hopes for a sequel. The demo was fun and similar to the original enough.

And yeah, Graven looks great. As soon as i learned of it and people started mentioning Dark Messiah and Hexen i was pretty much sold lol. The Graphics look kind of like an updated version of Hexen 2 and that's def not a bad thing. I just hope the puzzles are as difficult as they were in both Hexen games.

What is a man?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page