What anime/manga are you watching/reading? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

What anime/manga are you watching/reading?

The old thread died so it's time for a new one .

I just finished Campione and Baccano. Campione was a generic harem but it was entertaining. The main problem was the MC, he was really annoying. Baccano on the other hand was great, I really liked how they showed the way each character experienced the story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 03:07 AM
SAS Member

I've been rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho which I haven't seen since it was on Toonami in 2003, I think. I still like it but the story definitely loses something after its most popular arc finishes. It's good enough to make me consider starting Hunter x Hunter (same creator) even though I usually try to avoid those series that go on for years and years with no end in sight. Which is admittedly kind of a silly position to take when my favorite series is JoJo.
Anyway, what I really want to start next is a new series from this year. Any recommendations?
post #3 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 03:18 AM
SAS Member

You know, I never read comics as a kid. We didn't have a comic book store in this small town. That extended into adulthood. For some reason however, I started reading this Berserk manga. The show turned me off with all it's aggressive homoeroticism, but the book was good. Great even. And that's what I'm reading these days. It's a pain in the dick. I caught up some time ago and the month or two waits between issues is terrible. But I just have to know. Now it appears to be on a hiatus yet again. Some people have probably been reading this for the entire 30 years it's been published. And I thought 7 or 8 years for asoiaf was bad. And issues are only 20 pages long and take me 15 minutes, even when absorbing all the artwork.

I have been watching Lupin III recently as well. A mix of it. This latest series is a bit ****ed though. They replaced most of the voice actors with garbage ****s. The animation took a hit after the beautiful Fujiko Mine series as well. Still does er for me though.

post #4 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 12:14 PM
SAS Member

Language: Non-Verbal communication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomhouse View Post
I've been rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho which I haven't seen since it was on Toonami in 2003, I think. I still like it but the story definitely loses something after its most popular arc finishes. It's good enough to make me consider starting Hunter x Hunter (same creator) even though I usually try to avoid those series that go on for years and years with no end in sight. Which is admittedly kind of a silly position to take when my favorite series is JoJo.
Anyway, what I really want to start next is a new series from this year. Any recommendations?
Omg I miss Toonami and the space guy on the ship.. remember when that blob invaded the cruiser?

Definitely give HXH a go, I was on the fence about it too when I saw the how many episodes it had but actually it was a great adventure with lots of character depth and development. Even the minor/supporting roles are more detailed too than most series because they can afford to be with the length.

I don't wanna exist
post #5 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 01:02 PM
today's a beautiful day

My Mood: Sleepy
Havent watched anime for ages. Sometimes I watch episode or two of Gintama. Sadly xbox one takes all my spare time now.

I still have unopened dvd boxset of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood lying in my drawer. According to myanimelist.net best anime ever.

there are no shortcuts in life... there are no free meals in life ... life is short and cruel, but beautiful!... I always do my best - no regrets... it's never too late to be what u might have been
My SA story so far || My YouTube VLOG

post #6 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Moron

Watched 'One Punch Man' season one.
post #7 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 06:19 PM
All Nightmare Long

My Mood: Twisted
I finished Dragon Ball Super a while ago. Not a bad Dragon Ball series overall if you leave out the filler garbage and stupid characters in the tournament. But how high can Goku go in power level. Way more than 9000 now.

They still haven't turned Gohan into a bad ***. And will they work on the story of Vegeta with the God of destruction thing?

Gather your party before venturing forth. And if you don't have a party, at least you don't have to wait on anyone.
post #8 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 05:48 AM
SAS Member

I was feeling nostalgic so I have been giving Trigun a re-watch. Still good. They had some really killer shows in the late 90s there. Trigun and Escaflowne were a big influence on me. It got me thinking about this other anime from that general era. Love Hina. I absolutely engorged that **** when I was like 12 or 13 or so. To be honest, when I think back on it, and remember the characters and plot, it seems like such garbage, total trash. Might have to give it a re-watch also though. If only for the cringe.
post #9 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 03:20 PM
I'm somewhat trash.

Language: American English
My Mood: Bored
Re-Watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for the 20th time.

"
Touch every county, let yourself be land.
Open all the inches to help you understand.
Never try to justify a listless sense of longing
With any sort of weakness,

Just play this song and go to Tixis.
"
post #10 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 10:25 PM
Russian Modster

I've been watching Berserk with my brother. Has its cringe-worthy moments (I mean I'm watching it with my brother), but otherwise I really like the story & characters, despite the terrible things and morbidity. I saw the original one from 1997 when I was a teenager and was left feeling similar to how I did after Evangelion. It's kind of like I'm a psychological masochist

:: As it stands, more people are willing to kill for what they believe in, rather than die for it ::

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #11 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 10:33 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Scared
Ive been watching Cowboy Bebop
post #12 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 10:50 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: In Love
Been reading Mangas lately. One Piece, Attack on Titan, Deathnote, and Boruto.

It's best to be in your best shape, you never know when you'll be hanging off the side of a building, and have to lift yourself up.
post #13 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 09:14 AM

A.I.C.O.: Incarnation

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers "We feed the Supercomputers knowledge on how to manage citizens sleep, sex, accicident, dream, social media, interaction, job, education, lottery, living condition, murder, suicide & terrorism throughout the day each day."
post #14 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 06:10 AM
SAS Member

One Punch Man only )
post #15 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:02 PM
(K)Joe + Joi

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online

Episode one was clearly all about trying to bring in a new audience. Namely, the masses who are into competitive shooter games. On that account I suppose it was alright but not really my flavor to savor. Thankfully the second episode brought in the character focus which has me caring a lot more.
post #16 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:11 PM
ghostly

Kingdom! (manga)

wonderfully exaggerated fight scenes

believe in urself
post #17 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:54 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
I wish there was a good anime that i havn't seen.
I'm currently watching steins ; gate 0, megalo boxing, and darling in the franxx.
I'm also watching sword art alternative, but i really enjoy it much less than the original
post #18 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:59 PM
inverselycut

My Mood: Scared
i'm watching violet evergarden and monster. i recently finished haikyuu though, i liked it so much that i finished all of it in like 4 days. i can't wait till season four drops!

it is both a blessing
and a curse
to feel everything
so very deeply
post #19 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:15 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Currently watching Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus Bride). Really great show would recommend it for everyone!
I also really can't wait when will Darling in the FranXX gonna fully come out, damn, I saw so much spoilers already... It's not possible to avoid...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #20 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 03:40 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
I just finished reading Tomie. So many books to read. I WANT to read Saga vol 9... technically not manga. Will probably read Uzumaki next.

Last anime i saw was Ponyo. Will probably watch a little Samurai Champloo tomorrow.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page