Twitch streamer Reckful dead at 31 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Twitch streamer Reckful dead at 31

Died by suicide. I didn't know him but my brother told me about him as he watches a lot of Twitch, apparently he used to be the best rogue player in WoW and he was famous in Twitch, seems like he was financially well off and he didn't have a reason to kill himself so that got me more interested in his situation. There's a video series of 6 parts of him talking with a psychiatrist in Youtube in an online therapy session kind of setting, it's a good thing that they made those public videos, I'm watching this first part now:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 11:02 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
His twitch channel has the psychologist talking right now with his fans, it is in the chat tab. I think it is live, but I have never really used twitch.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 11:03 AM
drifting in mist

On wikipedia it says his older brother committed suicide when he was younger. That does seem to put one at higher risk... Money and fame really can't give lifelong happiness, too many examples of famous suicides.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 09:29 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: Created my own language for context
I remember watching Reckful in Japan with JAKENBAKELIVE. It's sad how the management program can make people commit such act. I get to that point at times, but learned that my environment is not at its natural rhythm.

Signature Under Construction - Be back very soon to update knowledge!

In the meantime. I'll perfect my writing techniques.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2020, 11:27 AM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Never heard of the guy, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Were View Post
seems like he was financially well off and he didn't have a reason to kill himself
Maybe he had a brain chemical imbalance? I don't really understand or identify much with celebs who kill themselves (must admit I don't have much empathy for people with loads of adoration/affirmation and money ($ = easy access to mental health resources)) but they obviously have some kind of reason.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2020, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

@tehuti88 I somehow ended up watching all of his videos with Dr. Kanojia (around 10 hours of video). The Dr. was friendly but useless, he's a buddhist and he was mostly recommending and teaching him meditation techniques.

Like most of those rich people he didn't have any legit reason to kill himself but there were some things that caused it: he was bipolar, he had a brother who killed himself when Reckful was 6 so he was traumatised by that and I think he wasn't on any medication (in one of his tweets he says that he's tried lithium before and he found life boring on it, also he was microdosing mushrooms).
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 02:29 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Were View Post
Like most of those rich people he didn't have any legit reason to kill himself

Quote:
Who Has It Worse

This site is not a competition - it's not about whose particular brand of suffering is the worse, who suffers more than whom, or who has the right to call their problems Social Anxiety. This includes comparisons of suffering between the genders. The belittlement of others' suffering will not be tolerated. "Body shaming" posts are not acceptable as many other users have similar body types or concerns, and will also negatively identify. Many users struggle with body issues, eating disorders and appearance related anxiety and we encourage helpful support and positive discussion in making efforts to improve, not dwell on or discuss in frustration what is considered ugly or unwanted.
Quote:
Suicide and Self-Mutilation

If you are currently thinking about harming or killing yourself, please seek help immediately. On the forums, suicide threats and the discussion of suicide is not permitted. Discussion of self-mutilation (cutting and burning) is not permitted except in the context of coping mechanisms in the following thread: Self harm coping mechanisms (Trigger Warning). On your personal blog, sharing your feelings is fine, but please do not share means or plans of suicide or self-mutilation.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page