TV's and Next Gen - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

TV's and Next Gen

I'm at a loss on what to get for a TV for next gen consoles. I've been sitting on a 1080p tv for the entirety of ps4/xbox one

I get really all or nothing with things and it seems like the best tv is clearly LG c9, but...1500 buckos is a little much (look at 55"), but i also want the best lol

Then i see 4k tv's at target for 500-800 and I'm debating if it's really worth almost double the cost for what seems to be "the best". I feel like in the moment of playing a game i wouldnt really think too much about the difference, but the thought of getting new consoles and shortchanging myself by getting a budget tv bugs. But also getting a slightly worse tv when i could get the best for a couple hundred more bugs too

So is it worth sitting around waiting for an LG c9 deal (and probably still spending 1200 if it ever goes on sale)...or are other options just as good?

a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 02:20 PM
SAS Member

OLED's like the LG C9 do have the best picture quality but you're aware of the burn-in issue, right? That's the only reason why I wouldn't get an OLED. I personally wouldn't be comfortable spending that much on a TV when there's a risk of permanent burn-in.

The next gen consoles are going to support HDMI 2.1 so you might want to get a TV that has it to make sure it's future proof. There aren't many TVs with HDMI 2.1 on the market right now (the LG C9 does have it), would you want to wait until next year to get a TV? There should be a lot more TVs with HDMI 2.1 next year. Right now there is the Sony X900H which is more affordable than an OLED and has two HDMI 2.1 ports, though it still needs an update from Sony to activate it. So this TV could be worth considering too.
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 115%; background: transparent }
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Appreciate your post. I put a lot of thought in the Sony x900 vs Samsung q90t vs c9

The c9 is apparently sold out everywhere, so I splurged a bit more than I thought and got the cx. I read a lot about the burn in and felt it wasn't that big of a risk for me. I don't play for 8 hours straight, and I watch a lot of movies between games so I don't think anything is stagnant enough to become an issue. Plus they have a refresher to run every few months and a feature that moves huds slightly around so they don't constantly use the same pixels. I also got the insurance since it's a bit riskier than I usually buy

But I love the picture quality. And I'm ready for the next quarantine lol. The blacks on it are pretty amazing. And having 4 HDMI 2.1s were a big sell for me and the next consoles

a

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 05:24 AM
Permanently Banned

Costco has the best prices, 90 day return policy and free 4 year warranty

Cerwin-Vega speakers are the best. I have them on my 7.1 setup, 15" woofers up front, 12" woofers on the side and 10" woofers in the back, with a 12" subwoofer and 6" woofers for the center channel, 1000-watt Pioneer A/V receiver and 48" wide 4-tier wire shelving rack with wheels for making quick connections / adjustments. I also have color changing LED rope lights behind the rack and TV.

Powerline networking feeds all my components with super fast wired internet.

Super audio CDs sound great on a surround sound system. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon sounds awesome in high-fidelity surround sound P
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 05:34 AM
⚰️👻

My Mood: Dead
I bought an LG 55" 4k TV last year for €500 & it's probably the best picture quality TV I've ever had, depends what your budget is, but I wouldn't see the point spending any more than that on a TV.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 06:18 PM
Barbells and kittens

If I can find one of last year's LG OLEDs I'd probably get it. Otherwise the cx in 65". Might wait for Black Friday deals since PS5 won't be out awhile yet anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 09:32 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: Created my own language for context

I prefer monitors to travel with on the go.

Signature Under Construction - Be back very soon to update knowledge!

In the meantime. I'll perfect my writing techniques.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 09:49 PM
Barbells and kittens

I ended up getting the LG 65" CX a couple weeks ago. Picture is great on it. Got the five year warranty through Best Buy that covers burn in just in case.

Haven't pre-ordered the PS5 yet, might just wait and pick one up in store once things calm down after the release.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 09:55 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: Created my own language for context
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
I ended up getting the LG 65" CX a couple weeks ago. Picture is great on it. Got the five year warranty through Best Buy that covers burn in just in case.

Haven't pre-ordered the PS5 yet, might just wait and pick one up in store once things calm down after the release.
Posted via Mobile Device

I pre-ordered ps5 on Amazon using my survey money. I might cancel it, because I might distract myself from concentrating in school.

Gaming is prefer on big tv's. My old monitor strains my eyes.

Signature Under Construction - Be back very soon to update knowledge!

In the meantime. I'll perfect my writing techniques.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2020, 01:54 AM
Duke Duck

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOne View Post
I'm at a loss on what to get for a TV for next gen consoles. I've been sitting on a 1080p tv for the entirety of ps4/xbox one

I get really all or nothing with things and it seems like the best tv is clearly LG c9, but...1500 buckos is a little much (look at 55"), but i also want the best lol

Then i see 4k tv's at target for 500-800 and I'm debating if it's really worth almost double the cost for what seems to be "the best". I feel like in the moment of playing a game i wouldnt really think too much about the difference, but the thought of getting new consoles and shortchanging myself by getting a budget tv bugs. But also getting a slightly worse tv when i could get the best for a couple hundred more bugs too

So is it worth sitting around waiting for an LG c9 deal (and probably still spending 1200 if it ever goes on sale)...or are other options just as good?
If you're buying a TV specifically for gaming, wouldn't you want to try gaming monitors? Like those curved ones with a really high FPS?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page