SAS raids WoW? (The SAS Unofficial WoW Server?) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

SAS raids WoW? (The SAS Unofficial WoW Server?)

I'm going to go ahead and confess something.

Ever since I was in grade 10 I've carried a closely guarded secret. That secret is that I am an avid MMO player. The only real life friend who knew about my hobby was the one who introduced it to me in the first place. At one time or another, I have played nearly every major MMO that has been out since Ultima Online.

Now you all know the horrible truth...

Seeing as how there's been several threads made about WoW in the past, I thought it may be useful to find out what server everyone is based on, perhaps even designating one as "The SAS Unofficial WoW Server".

Who knows... it could be fun to get likeminded people together in the game!
I'm not proposing we make some SA-related guild or whatnot, but it could be nice to organize onto a single server so that we can chat or group up. I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to experience SA in games to a lesser degree, so I'm usually quietly playing by myself unless my sister is online. I don't befriend anyone, and since I'm quiet in guildchat I rarely get to know any of the members. There's got to be others who are the same way so this could provide a relatively stress-free solution.

So... anyone interested? If those of you playing were to go ahead and post what server you're on, perhaps one will come up with a good number of SAS'ers already. Then anyone new or returning to the game could head straight there. Or even transfer their characters, if they wished to do so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 10:55 PM
SAS Member

Re: SAS raids WoW? (The SAS Unofficial WoW Server?)

I don't play WoW anymore.. I play AoC now but played WoW for over 2 years and was class lead for a long time for my hunters. I found that my SA was less while playing but still had a hard time on and off layin down strats and organizing events on Vent. I really miss those days though.. I think this is a pretty good idea but am not sure how many people here play WoW anymore. I know a good handfull of people started a guild called Quiet Riot. There is a thread in this section burried somewhere. Would be fun to do this but not sure if I would want to spend an extra $14 monthly. If this works out I would maybe consider it and get my hunter transfered.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 11:21 AM
SAS Member

What are MMO, WoW, and AoC?

Post by ElectricVolcano

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricVolcano
What are MMO, WoW, and AoC?
MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online and the others are World of Warcraft and Age of Conan. I've been playing WoW for about 3 and a half years and I am just totally burnt out on that game. I play Dark Age of Camelot now, going to be playing that till Warhammer comes out.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:11 AM

There used to be a WoW SAS guild around december of last year but it split up, I guess because everyone got busy. iirc the server was on Wildhammer (horde) . I'm not really sure if I'm going to be playing WoW again this summer but I will definitely let you know.

I enjoyed your post, btw.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:37 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNinja
There used to be a WoW SAS guild around december of last year but it split up, I guess because everyone got busy. iirc the server was on Wildhammer (horde) . I'm not really sure if I'm going to be playing WoW again this summer but I will definitely let you know.

Haha, yes, I remember the glory days. <Quiet Riot> FTW!

I'm not very good at this whole "socializing" fad.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswell
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNinja

Haha, yes, I remember the glory days. <Quiet Riot> FTW!
haha
nice you see you're still alive.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 11:51 PM
SAS Member

Yes, my aliveness is also one my own most treasured attributes.

Laughter + 3

I'm not very good at this whole "socializing" fad.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswell
Yes, my aliveness is also one my own most treasured attributes.

Laughter + 3
isn't it the same for us all? i wonder if trey is still looking for people to play with
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Hehe, yep But I think I may be a bit too casual by the sounds of things.

I only play for a couple hours a day max. The past 2 days I've not gotten any time in at all.
Not to mention my sleeping is currently messed up so I'm mainly awake during the night

How's the Conan game? I've heard both good and bad opinions of it, doesn't seem to be a consensus yet. My PC wouldn't be able to handle it, but sometime in the future I'd like to try it out.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:33 PM

This is my first time in the gaming forum just to let you guys know. I been playing WoW for 3 and a half years, and im interested in a SAS guild! Everything about WoW has become boring except hanging out with WoW friends and that type of thing. Id love to play a druid healer or pally tank, whichever is needed.

I baught Age of Conan yesterday, and i got to say im not impressed with it. First of all getting a quest is frusterating. In WoW you just click the NPC, click the quest, and hit Accept. In AoC you click the guy, and.... i dont even know how to say it. Its kind of like your talking to the guy. You click on what you want to say from a list of sentances, then the npc replys based on what you clicked, and eventually youll end up with the quest or saying Goodbye. Then theres Daytime questing and Nighttime questing. Daytime is multiplayer where your in the MMO world, and Nighttime is when your alone, like singleplayer. Im currently stuck in single player mode, cant figure out how to get back into Daytime. Controlling your character is very diffucult compared to WoW. I dont know how to describe it.. its just.. smoother.

You need a good computer to run AoC. My computer is only 3 years old and i get 12 FPS tops with 100% lowest settings, but i run WoW perfectly fine. The only thing decent about AoC is a slightly more beautiful environment compared to WoW. But if i was looking for a beautiful environment id be playing everquest. But those are just my opinions about the game, dont let me stop you from buying it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page