Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Recommend some obscure/hidden gem games!

813 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  funnynihilist 
#1 ·
Recommend some games to everyone that aren't exactly main stream, but are still amazing!

1. Wuppo: I can't really explain this game other than how whimsical, cute, and surprisingly lore-deep it is for what is essentially a boss rush game with some platforming elements.
2. Supraland: A really great Metroidvania style game with tons to collect, and lots of tough puzzles to conquer! It's a fully 3D game though, but still I'd call it a metroidvania.
3. SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell: Go fast, go faster, and go fastest! It's another Super Meatboy-esque game where you just try to get from point A to point B and try not to die in the process. Really fun and goes on sale on Steam frequently.
4. Sleeping Dogs: Hong Kong GTA essentially, but has a very surprisingly fun melee system and the story and world is very enjoyable and memorable.

#3 ·
007: Nightfire was my favorite James Bond game growing up.

#4 ·
Kula World lol, most random game I played growing up though I only had the demo version on a ps1 demo disc:

I guess it saved complex models/animation.

I also really liked the Tombi demo, that's much less obscure though apparently the game didn't sell that many copies so the hard copy is kind of expensive now. I played it so many times trying to trick the demo into letting me play more of the game :') (also it's called Tomba in the US I think.)

A few years ago I played 5 days a stranger by Yahtzee (who is reviewing his own game below lol..) It's free, it was alright:

There was this rice krispies game I played once obsessively for a weekend on a PC we borrowed as a child.. I bet I wouldn't like it as much now. Weird that you used to get free games in cereal boxes, doubt you would now.

(There was another game too from childhood but I'll never remember it, I played it on a computer at my mum's work and I remember basically nothing about it. It was not on a Microsoft computer I don't think.. Though it might have been.)

Also really liked The Stanley Parable, but although that's indie not sure it's that obscure it's also a pretty niche genre that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I've bought so many indie games (and some other games) on steam that I still have to play..

#5 ·
If you like old-school shooters like quake:

Dusk
Amid Evil
Ion Maiden
Blood: Fresh Supply
Project Warlock

If you like interesting roguelikes and dying a lot

Everspace
Kenshi(seriously try this one first)
Ruiner
Death's Gambit
Cryptark
Dead Cells
Sundered(didnt like this one but it looks pretty)
Wizard of Legend

If you like Metroid, you owe it to yourself to try AM2R(another metroid remake)
One of the best metroid games made by a fan. Better than most metroid games made by Nintendo lol.

#11 ·
Beholder​

Game where you are a landlord...
Not just simply a lanlord. You spy, snoop through your tentants stuff to see if they got any suspicious activity that goes against the law.
Perfect game for a lil curious person like me.

Plays with your morals.
My current addiction right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.