PS..TO THE MODS...I THINK I POST THIS ORIGINALLY IN THE WRONG CATEGORY...I DIDN'T REALIZE WE HAD A TECH SUPPORT CATEGORY.
I have a kindle tablet version 7.5.1 And the thing is useless.
Why is it useless ...because of Amazon's insistence on making it COMPLETELY INCOMPATIBLE
with anything non-amazon !
It's like they thought of every trick you could use to install a non-Amazon App, and circumvented it.
I have just spent an entire day combing thru youtube trying to find a fix for this to no avail.
1) I cannot download my favourite Apps directly from the internet because almost ALL apps on a search engine are only downloadable thru google play store.
2) When I try downloading GooglePlay store...it says incompatible
3) When I try to use any other type of alternative playstores...it says incompatible.
4) I can transfer any file to the tablet via bluetooth except for
...you guessed it Apps
-I had a backdoor App called Zapya which allowed me to download Apps ...but now I am cannot put it on my Tablet. Zapya works by ceating its own LAN and does the transfer this way. The App has a built in mechanism to transfer itself to another device...it allows you to send the App itself via bluetooth...problem is ..my Kindle's bluetooth does not pick up Apks ...I can bluetooth videos, movies and documents...but when I try to bluetooth an App, I just get an error message on my phone, and it doesnt even register on the tablet that something is going on.
5) Almost all tutorials on "How to download GooglePlay" start with "allow downloads from unknown sources" ...well guess what....that option appears nowhere in my settings menu.
Plus other issues :
The screen keeps oscillating between being hypersensitive to unresponsive
IE sometimes when trying to pulldown the settings menu one of the submenus opens instead, or it opens internet explorer
Other times I have to press the back button 10x just to exit from a particular screen.
Literally the ONLY time this thing works properly is when a book is open. But with the erratic touch sensitivity...just opening a book can take 10min of (other Apps opening instead of the book)
SO yesterday I tried factory reset. Didn't solve anything, now I have lost all of the third party Apps which I had previously (took it to a tech guy some years ago) ...and I can't seem to get any of them back, due to the difficulties I mentioned above.
I am at the point where I think I may just need to save up to by a Samsung Tablet or something.
Maybe the newer kindle tablets have fixed these bugs but honestly...I just CANNOT recommend Kindle to anyone.