Games that would make good movies - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
zkv
SAS Member

Games that would make good movies

I'll start with a couple that illustrate rule number 1: it can be games that have already been made into bad movies. Anyway my two picks are

Max Payne, starring Tom Hardy. No gun fu please, just lots of stylized hardboiled detective noire type stuff. Actually it'd make a good limited series instead of a really long movie. Also, no sequels, just the first game;
and
The Team Silent SH games. It'd be a real challenge not to turn them into a hunted mansion thrill ride, but someone with some vision and talent could make some of the most disturbing horror films ever. In my eyes 4 would be the easiest one to conceive. I'm choosing Adam Driver for James in SH2, and Anne Hathaway for Mary/Maria. There's some others I've thought of for other characters in the series but they're not as set in stone for me as those two.

I have way too much time in my hands, and am a ****ing loser I know. But I'm also bored so...

If it's too dumb just let it die a peaceful death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-29-2020, 03:56 PM
SAS Member

I like your idea about Silent Hill, but I would prefer Christian Bale as James though. I would love to see a really good Silent Hill movie.

Also, I think Shadow of the Colossus could become a good movie too.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-29-2020, 04:00 PM
SAS Member

I really don't think most games would gain anything from being adapted into movies/series, as the interactivity adds a lot to the experience.

It might work better to create content that sits alongside the game rather than making straight adaptations. For example a series based on Silent Hill could comprise of short stories of other people drawn to the town.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 09:59 AM
Tactical Hobo

My Mood: Twisted
Stalker and System Shock.

You're Winner!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 10:10 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Horizon: Zero Dawn was already a movie. Amazing graphics.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
Stalker and System Shock.
Stalker could be really good if they did it right. The writing isn't the best in the game and the npcs are annoying, but the atmosphere is like a 10/10.

Life's Wack
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 06:35 PM
Don
Fupa King

Honestly, I don't think I've played many games that would translate to a movie. Plus, video games have had a really bad history of not performing well as movies (I'm guessing mostly because of out of touch directors and that video games tell stories that are meant to take place over much longer intervals than 2-3 hours, much like novels). I wonder if something that has a long, over-complicated plot like Metal Gear could be a movie. The Witcher has done well as a tv show (although technically based on the books).

https://youtu.be/U6uyuIQYlfY

This trailer has often made me wonder what a Souls movie would be like. It's a game rich with themes and symbols but with minimalist story telling and a silent protagonist. Not sure if that works as a movie, but I'd still watch it.

Life's Wack
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 06:46 PM
Spartan-092

My Mood: Worried
The Evil Within

"He's not just a regular moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived. And you just put him in charge of the facility." - GLaDOS, Portal 2.

"Protocol 3: Protect the Pilot." - BT-7274, Titanfall 2
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 07:01 PM
Tactical Hobo

My Mood: Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Stalker could be really good if they did it right. The writing isn't the best in the game and the npcs are annoying, but the atmosphere is like a 10/10.

Well, there is a stalker film but it's tied to the book(road side picnic) not the game. I think it could be good if they made it more slow pace, a bit like the film and not some dumbass action movie with russians. I don't know, nearly all videogames to movies are kind of bad lol. The only ones I liked on top of my head are Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider 1 and Resident Evil 1. Other than that it's all garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post

https://youtu.be/U6uyuIQYlfY

This trailer has often made me wonder what a Souls movie would be like. It's a game rich with themes and symbols but with minimalist story telling and a silent protagonist. Not sure if that works as a movie, but I'd still watch it.
A souls movie would be interesting, but I'm afraid it would be some Japanese live action or some weeb 3d/anime film(could be okay if it was dark like Berserk). Id like a dark and depressing theme film just like the games. Maybe something like you said, or like Valhalla Rising where the protagonist doesn't say one word in the entire film and just fights basically.

You're Winner!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Socializing with myself

Waiting for uncharted movie.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. Getting away with airplane crashes, accidents, diseases, homelessness, and suicides.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 09:14 PM
SAS Member

Bloodborne, but it's too risky. it would be such a fine line between amazing and hokey/corny. itd have to be animated

But realistically..i guess Mass Effect would be good. Like Valerian, but good

I'd agree with STALKER too

a
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 07:20 AM
Don
Fupa King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOne View Post
Bloodborne, but it's too risky. it would be such a fine line between amazing and hokey/corny. itd have to be animated

But realistically..i guess Mass Effect would be good. Like Valerian, but good

I'd agree with STALKER too
If they can capture the cosmic horror elements of bloodborne well and not treat it like the standard Van Helsing monster hunting movie it could be solid.

Life's Wack

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page