Gamer news bytes - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Gamer news bytes

Yea basically a thread for games news and related things like that, stuff that's too small for a whole new thread. I’ll include game dev-tools news in all this as well We can discuss things too!!

So everything from your favorite game mod updates, to game updates that excite you, to whole game releases, to industry news etc, I think you get the idea

(not sure how useful this thread will be, but I figured I'd try it out :P)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Ill start off by mentioning the crazy move by Microsoft buying Bethesda lol. Its the end!! Mabey.. Im not sure really what to think of it yet :/ Hopefully well get some more info later on about whats changing. John Carmack seems to like it https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/202...th-old-titles/
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

A sort of exciting thing my neck of the woods.. Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition got a new lighting engine in a new update recently. This game is nearly 20 years old!! I just find it kinda crazy that the developers were able to do this.. and did it lol There's a site that shows off the differences graphically here https://nwn.beamdog.net/web/8193.14-comparison-shots/ (pull the center bar around on each image to get the idea) (you have to scroll down a bit to get to the good stuff)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 09:02 AM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Yeah Bethesda being sold was nuts. 7.5 billion lol. I hope Microsoft whips them into shape so they stop with the microtransaction **** and go back to make good role playing games without cutting corners. Too much to wish for probably.

What is a man?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Left 4 Dead 2 got some kind of huge Last Stand update today. I think it just lengthens the campaign by a chunk. Only ever played the first one and it was alot of fun, but had no one to play with at the time. The sequel is on sale to, on steam its 80% off (and its free to play for 3 days) I believe their was another game being made as a spiritual successor called Back 4 Blood.. I think? Not sure how thats goin.

Anyhows its kinda cool that a decade old game is getting this kinda love all these years later. I think its still really playable today, with the multiplayer and all that.. of course lol
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2020, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

A few days ago Elite Dangerous put out another video dev diary for their latest expansion Odyssey. I was kinda super excited for this, watched the video and then had about a day or so of day dreaming of what it could be like lol. Basically Elites take on Star Citizen lol, but it will be done!!.. early next year .. Now that a few days have pass I sorta almost feel indifferent about it lol, but it was exciting at first :P (theirs also a more indepth stream on their twitch channel about all sorts of details I have yet to get through, guess I'm lazy or something lately lol)

Here's their latest "Dev Diary".. basically just a promo piece but lots of info too

If anyone is interested, the other Dev Diary's are on their youtube page etc, I didn't want to spam them here :P

EDIT: Also the devs made the announcement that Horizons, their last expansion will go free in about a month I think. Kinda cool their doing that, also easier to deal with development wise etc.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page