Anyone know how to keep a PC from getting dusty while away from home? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Anyone know how to keep a PC from getting dusty while away from home?

I'm going to be away from home soon and will be gone for quite some time, a few months or so out of the country, and I have no one to look after my PC which worries me because last time I was away for that long my PC had built up a ton of dust on the inside and it was a hassle to clean out.

Does anyone here know a way to prevent this from happening again? It may sound idiotic, but I was thinking perhaps I could place it inside of a plastic trash bag to cover it up but i'm not sure if that's risky or would even help prevent dust.

Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 04:15 PM
Spectacular Member

Probably not going to get dusty if the PC is off and the fans aren't drawing in air into the case. Or are you talking about leaving it on the entire time as some sort of server?

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 07:56 PM
Tactical Hobo

My Mood: Twisted
If its off while you're away then simply wrap it in plastic, the tower etc. Make sure its well wrapped and it wont have a spec of dust when you come back.

If you leave it running, then obviously it will not work lol and there is no real way to prevent dust from accumulating I don't think.

Thats what people who go away a long time do to furniture. They wrap them in plastic to stop the dust and moisture from gathering on everything.

You're Winner!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
If its off while you're away then simply wrap it in plastic, the tower etc. Make sure its well wrapped and it wont have a spec of dust when you come back.

If you leave it running, then obviously it will not work lol and there is no real way to prevent dust from accumulating I don't think.

Thats what people who go away a long time do to furniture. They wrap them in plastic to stop the dust and moisture from gathering on everything.
I'll try wrapping it in plastic then, because I wasn't planning to leave it on anyways. It was off for months last time as well but I just left it out in the open which was a mistake. Thanks for the suggestion.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page