Zoloft (sertraline) [SSRI] - Page 25 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #481 of 490 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 08:45 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Iíve been on sertraline for a couple of months and so far it seems to have worked really well.
The only side effects I got was I was really tired all the time, dry mouth and night sweats.
Which all eased off after a few weeks, I still get night sweats now and again but so far itís worked really well
It did kill my libido for weeks but it gradually came back thankfully lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 490 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 05:29 AM
SAS Member

SA has really stopped from going on many dates, and the dates I have been I'm, im afraid I've been pretty pathetic. All in all I'm still terrified of taking to women. Could zoloft help me in this area?
post #483 of 490 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 06:33 AM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
I started taking zoloft today, and felt like I was going to pass out and I vommited. I don't want to try it again...

post #484 of 490 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 06:43 AM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Ice Dude55 View Post
I started taking zoloft today, and felt like I was going to pass out and I vommited. I don't want to try it again...
The nausea is normal. Nearly everyone will experience that side effect the first few days. Normally you start with the lowest dose (50mg) and after a week you increase to 100mg (if needed). You can't judge a SSRI only after taking one single pill.

I took sertralin for a while a long time ago (i was 22) and it did nearly zero against for my SA. Only made me "not care about anything". So, after a few months I stopped. But you might have better luck

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #485 of 490 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 09:08 AM
A Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
The nausea is normal. Nearly everyone will experience that side effect the first few days. Normally you start with the lowest dose (50mg) and after a week you increase to 100mg (if needed). You can't judge a SSRI only after taking one single pill.

I took sertralin for a while a long time ago (i was 22) and it did nearly zero against for my SA. Only made me "not care about anything". So, after a few months I stopped. But you might have better luck
I know but I cant handly feeling sickly...it will make me not want to leave the house.

post #486 of 490 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 09:42 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
I know but I cant handly feeling sickly...it will make me not want to leave the house.
Like I said, the worst side effects will fade away after a few days. For me it was like 3-4 days. So it might be worth to try for a little longer. But the choice is yours. And like I said, it did nothing for me even after a few months.

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #487 of 490 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:22 PM
A Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
Like I said, the worst side effects will fade away after a few days. For me it was like 3-4 days. So it might be worth to try for a little longer. But the choice is yours. And like I said, it did nothing for me even after a few months.
Oh ok. are you on anything now?

post #488 of 490 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 10:15 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Oh ok. are you on anything now?
On so many things I rather not even start talking about. Neither would I advice anyone to take them. That's how low I am right now. I hope zoloft will give you some relief tough

post #489 of 490 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 02:38 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I found this med quite sedating. I did feel a bit more chill, but like others say, it made me apathetic and not care about anything. Similar to other SSRIs in that regard.
post #490 of 490 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 09:06 AM
SAS Member

Sertraline is the only medication I've tried but it had no positive effect on me at all. Started on 50mg, upped to 100 and then 150. Stayed on it for approx. 4 months and expected the doc to up the dosage to 200mg but they said there is no point as 150mg was not helping at all so they didn't expect 200 to change anything. The only effects I had were negative ones. The initial feeling of sickness the first couple of days, feeling tired a lot of the time during the day, finding it hard to get to sleep at night but once I was gone my alarm struggled to wake me back up. When I tapered off the meds I had extreme light-headedness/dizziness for a split second whenever I turned my head from side to side. That lasted about 2 weeks but feel fine again now.

For me personally, I feel better off Sertraline but I hope it can continue to work for other people out there.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page