Zoloft (sertraline) [SSRI] - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 490 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Rat in a cage

I don't remember what dosage I was on, but I've tried this once or twice. I had to get off of it immediately, it made me completely blind to the sunlight. I couldn't go outdoors at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 490 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 02:02 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinahx View Post
I don't remember what dosage I was on, but I've tried this once or twice. I had to get off of it immediately, it made me completely blind to the sunlight. I couldn't go outdoors at all.
sorry about your reaction //i get the same one on effexor
post #23 of 490 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 03:04 PM
mut
SAS Member

Social Anxiety Background
Generalised anxiety, social anxiety, depression.

Other Treatments
Cognitive behavioral therapy.

Treatment Experience
Totally did nothing good for me.. i felt almost all the sideffects, hated the brain zaps... kept feeling the brain zaps for some months after i stopped the meds..
I'll never try any meds again...

robotic sheep

post #24 of 490 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 02:56 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mut View Post
Generalised anxiety, social anxiety, depression.

Other Treatments
Cognitive behavioral therapy.

Treatment Experience
Totally did nothing good for me.. i felt almost all the sideffects, hated the brain zaps... kept feeling the brain zaps for some months after i stopped the meds..
I'll never try any meds again...
did you have depression when you tried it//or anxierty//i will backfire on you if not in deression//thats its first line of attack then anxierty//
no depression an you will be ill,real clinical depression takes weeks of pain to get a responce //you have to tough to reach pandora
post #25 of 490 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:41 PM
EFD
The Creative Misanthrope

Of all of the SSRI's I've tried, and I have tried them ALL, Zoloft seems to be the one that has worked best for me over the years as far as anxiety goes. I take 100 mg per day and sometimes my doctor increases the dosage to 200 mg per day if my anxiety levels increase. I experience no side-effects.
post #26 of 490 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 AM
SAS Member

true

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFD View Post
Of all of the SSRI's I've tried, and I have tried them ALL, Zoloft seems to be the one that has worked best for me over the years as far as anxiety goes. I take 100 mg per day and sometimes my doctor increases the dosage to 200 mg per day if my anxiety levels increase. I experience no side-effects.
no side effects , thats a dream reaction// i get weight gain an libido trouble //i can still have sex its just i aint that bothered//but its still far the best ad 100mg is about the best if you can stablise
post #27 of 490 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 10:38 AM
EFD
The Creative Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
no side effects , thats a dream reaction// i get weight gain an libido trouble //i can still have sex its just i aint that bothered//but its still far the best ad 100mg is about the best if you can stablise
I think it depends more upon the person taking the medication and their unique biochemistry than it does the medication being taken, foxy. Each medication affects everyone differently. Usually, I suffer from horrible side-effects from medications. This is unusual for me.

Most men [people] lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Henry David Thoreau

Caelum videre iussit, et erectos ad sidera tollere vultus. "He bid them look at the sky and lift their faces to the stars." - Ovid, Metamorphoses 1. 85-86

http://ericfdiaz.wordpress.com/
post #28 of 490 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
SAS Member

Social Anxiety, Depression

Other Treatments
Lexapro

Treatment Experience
Zoloft was the first drug I was put on before I tried Lexapro. I was only on Zoloft for about two weeks because it caused me extreme stomach cramps. So much so that I could not leave the house.
post #29 of 490 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith244 View Post
Social Anxiety, Depression

Other Treatments
Lexapro

Treatment Experience
Zoloft was the first drug I was put on before I tried Lexapro. I was only on Zoloft for about two weeks because it caused me extreme stomach cramps. So much so that I could not leave the house.
stomach cramps are a side effect at the start of sertraline its true.carnt get lexapro in england its not geniric yet. The stomach cramp would have stopped at some point but it can be distressing.
post #30 of 490 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Permanently bored

Like all SSRIs, a complete waste of time, money and sanity (these things turned me psychotic). Should only be used as a stepping stone to drugs that actually work.
post #31 of 490 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 12:08 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of prunes View Post
like all ssris, a complete waste of time, money and sanity (these things turned me psychotic). Should only be used as a stepping stone to drugs that actually work.
like what ????????????
post #32 of 490 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 09:49 AM
SAS Member

Talking

Zolft is a life saver! I would be hiding in a corner if i did not have it!!
post #33 of 490 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 11:11 PM
SAS Member

Zoloft really didn't do anything for me...
post #34 of 490 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 03:11 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyCassandra View Post
Zoloft really didn't do anything for me...
how long were you on it an how much
post #35 of 490 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:52 PM
SAS Member

SSRIs.. Anything with a warning that it is dangerous to use with X MUST be bad news
post #36 of 490 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 02:26 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman View Post
SSRIs.. Anything with a warning that it is dangerous to use with X MUST be bad news
i dont get what your on about , explain
post #37 of 490 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM
SAS Member

I was on a very low dose of Zoloft for about two weeks. I hated it. Before Zoloft, I had been on Lexapro for about a year. I felt like Lexapro worked pretty well, without any side effects. Zoloft, on the other hand, made me feel like a zombie. I felt lethargic, dazed, apathetic, uncaring, listless, and everything was just fuzzy. I felt stoned all the time. By the time I get used to the dose I was on, my pdoc advised me to up my dose. When I did, I had a breakdown (not sure if it's correlation or causation) and immediately went off of it.

Zoloft is one of the older SSRIs, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to have more of a calming effect - that's why it's prescribed more for people with SAD while the newere SSRIs have less calming effects so it's prescribed more for people suffering from depression. In my case, the calming was too much.

I am highly sensitive to medication, by the way.

Please, call me Mike.

My SA and Depression blog: Unhappy Happiness

My CBT log: http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...es-log-102328/
post #38 of 490 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:29 PM
dazed and confused

When I tried taking Zoloft, I had a terrible time with it. The muscles in my jaw and neck were so tense, and I had horrible headaches. I had to stop taking it.

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. - Aristotle
post #39 of 490 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Permanently Manned!

Im taking Lustral, which is pretty much the same as Zoloft (different brand names, generic name Sertraline).
Previous treatments - Inderal, Zispin, Valium as a teenager (valium was a once off).

Prescribed to me by my psychiatrist for severe depression. It took some time to kick in, but works perfectly for SA, i don't seem to be anxious in social situations and i'm much more outgoing and calmer at work.
It has taken the edge off depression, though it is still there. I'm only on 50mg at the mo, which is a low dose, going on 100mg next week. I have started to take 2 50mg tablets which i'm not sure if it is the same as one 100mg tablet.

Side effects: Insomnia, decreased appetite, restlessness. These have been less noticeable recently.
post #40 of 490 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Bonified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
(Copied over from old review system)

Posted by Dothan
intense fear in fornt of unkown and little known people.
not able to do normal conversation, always trying to stay in backround, so nobody recognize me.
feeling uncofortable meeting people, and so on and on

Other Treatments
prozac (a year before zoloft)

Treatment Experience
i started zoloft on 25mg, the half recommend dose, and like instantly i get in a mania the first week. i was able to talk very open and honest right out of my heart and be very loving and giving to others, which they seemed to be enjoying. usually i'm considered cold, shy and not very warm because i'm holding my affect back because im fearing to make myself ridicouls.
as the time goes by, the mania resolve. i remember being very high energy all the time, wanted to do this and that, fear was improved, but socially there was definatly something left. sometimes i did things where fear or the counsiouness of risik would have been not bad, like i was crossing streets as if i am a tank, or just doin other things that could end very badly.
i acutally dared to start talking to others by my very self just for fun, without any need to do that. this was also a nice new experience, i seemed also to worry less.

sometimes i behaved ridicouls in fornt of others like i was drunk or something, at the time it was the most normal thing to do for me. however when i was alone, i felt often really bad and emotionall pain. so if you take it and are still often alone you have to keep this in mind.
i stopped it because i got to unstable and the positive effects wore off, as time went by. but it was a good time that i enjoy remembering.
This. At first it will feel like a miracle drug, but after 2-3 months the affects start to wear off, you'll wanna up your dose but thats never a good idea.. Like all drugs you eventually become used to them.

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page